OdinClaus

salomewilde

"The beautifully fresh, wintery scent of Holly, Ivy and Mistletoe. May be worn by both women and men."

In the bottle: Christmas room fragrance or potpourri. Don't be scared! This only last for a second.

On skin: Wet, this smells like the place you go to cut your own Christmas tree on a snowy evening. Something cold and eucaplyptus like is in the background.

Drydown: Incredible! The pine steps back for a perfect balance of holly berry and ivy leaves and morphs into a sexy herbal.

This is going to be my snow day perfume. It's really uplifting.

This would make a great year round body wash, too, like Aveda's rosemary mint. This is the first unisex scent I've ever worn that he likes on me and likes, too. We'll be fighting over this one.

Salomewild has the description spot on. The drydown on me still has some pine in it, but so much pine that I feel drenched in sticky sap.

This one didn't last as long as some LPMP scents, maybe four or five hours instead of the usual eight to twelve. But adding a little more was no problem, and allowed me a much needed moment of invigoration in the afternoon.

Another vote of confidence for this one. I was not expecting to like this - but I did. I guess previous experience with the pine-type perfumes of other manufacturers put me off, the others always somehow ended up smelling like fragranced disinfectant or air freshener.

But this is the scent of a snow crisped pine forest. It has a rich resin backdrop with just the right amount of pine needle piercing through and a slight mint tang adds the effect of crunching ice and snow underfoot.

It is deeply refreshing - a real winner and I am very tempted to buy a big bottle

Luvverly :blink:

May

Salomewild has the description spot on. The drydown on me still has some pine in it, but so much pine that I feel drenched in sticky sap.

This one didn't last as long as some LPMP scents, maybe four or five hours instead of the usual eight to twelve. But adding a little more was no problem, and allowed me a much needed moment of invigoration in the afternoon.

Oh dear. I left out a critical "not." My description should read, "The drydown on me still has some pine in it, but NOT so much pine that I feel drenched in sticky sap." *sigh*

Also, a friend of mine, who is afraid of the forums, came up with a great description for this one.

Woodsy green, but also very blue. With spots of fuscia.
Very accurate.

• 1 year later...

This one is definitely green. It smells like pine, but I don't think there is pine in it. Very strong wet, dries down to a soft forest scent. It is crisp and cool. I like it more than I expected to. It is uplifting, giving a burst of energy when I sniff it. This is a great winter scent. I did not expect to like it when I first put it on. It definately needs to dry and meld with your skin. I really enjoy it after it has dried down.

• luna65 changed the title to OdinClaus