Interview visit!!!

Well, yay, me! I got invited to travel to an on-campus interview!!

The people seem really nice...but the stakes are kind of high for them, and I think there's a fair amount of angst about choosing the right person.

The schedule is like this: I fly in at 5 pm, someone picks me up at the airport and takes me to the hotel, I probably have dinner with the committee, and the next day someone takes me to the campus and I have 5 or 6 hours worth of meetings and interviews with various types of people (hiring committee, upper administrators, faculty, students, future colleagues in related departments).

I love SWS, so was plannig on using that. I was thinking maybe with Topper for the first evening's dinner?

Any other, better ideas?

I have SWS in Spanish Gold, Lap of Luxury, and the wonderful new Mean Business. Is it better to use the same scent the whole time, or different ones on the 2 days in case someone doesn't like one of them? I know that there are some perfumes (hello, Giorgio Beverly Hills!) that give me an instant dislike for the person wearing them. All 3 scents are fresh and office-friendly, however.

Well, yay, me! I got invited to travel to an on-campus interview!!

The people seem really nice...but the stakes are kind of high for them, and I think there's a fair amount of angst about choosing the right person.

The schedule is like this: I fly in at 5 pm, someone picks me up at the airport and takes me to the hotel, I probably have dinner with the committee, and the next day someone takes me to the campus and I have 5 or 6 hours worth of meetings and interviews with various types of people (hiring committee, upper administrators, faculty, students, future colleagues in related departments).

I love SWS, so was plannig on using that. I was thinking maybe with Topper for the first evening's dinner?

Any other, better ideas?

I have SWS in Spanish Gold, Lap of Luxury, and the wonderful new Mean Business. Is it better to use the same scent the whole time, or different ones on the 2 days in case someone doesn't like one of them? I know that there are some perfumes (hello, Giorgio Beverly Hills!) that give me an instant dislike for the person wearing them. All 3 scents are fresh and office-friendly, however.

I'm too new to pheros to make any suggestions beyond wear what makes you feel calm, friendly and confident, but I did want to say congrats on landing the interview!! I remember you mentioning on another thread you were applying for jobs. Good luck; I'm sure you'll do great! :)

If you like SWS and it makes you feel good and you like how people react to you, then go with it! The only other one I would consider if it were me is Open Windows during dinner, depending on the situation. Do you know anyone who has interviewed on campus recently? They can tell you if it was more casual or interview like in setting, if it's just you and maybe one or two interviewers or alumni or the committee and several interviewees (both of which I would wear Open windows) or you and the whole committee (definitely an SWS setting!).

I scent based on what I'm wearing, what the weather's like, and how i feel that day, so bring all three!

Good luck!

Edited by BlueBear

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I took SWS, Pop potion, and Topper. For the first night's dinner with the Dean I wore Lap of Luxury (SWS) + Topper. For the next entire freakin' day of interviews with a bunch of different groups, Mean Business (SWS). Bingo! Supportive questions from them, solid answers from me. Added some Topper for the lunch meeting, and everyone got happy.

The pheros weren't the problem...I had made some dynamite presentations on prezi.com, but it would NOT let me log in. I wasn't logged in on any other device or anything. No one, including the IT guys, could figure out why it wasn't working. Finally did a lame-o workaround with an iPad and a doc cam. Grrrr....my brother helped me with my presentation, and I didn't have the heart to tell the whole sad story, so just told him it went great...

It actually didn't go THAT badly...it was clear that, presentation software or no, I knew what I was talking about. And someone said that, and others agreed, and they asked questions that showed they'd been paying attention.

A little Pop Potion on my hair for the trip back to the airport, and the guy who was driving me was gushing about how much they enjoyed it.

I still think the main guy was iffy about me...something going on there that wasn't the pheros or the presentation. He didn't say a word at dinner, with 3 friendly women trying to draw him out, so maybe he's got a scared-of-females thing. No idea. Sometimes that means they already have another candidate in mind. Or maybe he's just shy. He was OK with me one-on-one.

But everyone else was great...and just being there means I was 1 of 3. So, even more positive vibes, please!!

Moral of the story...even the best pheros can't solve tech issues.