Baby Blue w/Open Windows

AD-BabyBlue.jpg

Scent: Candied blueberries.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
BLUEBERRY ~ Protection, communication, peace, calm, health.
RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.

• 2 weeks later...

On me this one was a candied blueberry incense scent. So if you are a fruit-y incense lover you will love it. The candied blueberry part was quite nice, but alas, I’m not fond of incense so it doesn’t really work for me. I had no idea what benzoin smelled like until I tried this one on, so it’s good that it expanded my scent vocabulary.

Edited by RosesArePink

That's interesting that it reads that way on you, normally benzoin has a vanilla-like aspect in a blend.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t normally wear fruity/foody scents but this one I love! Once the initial sugary blueberry (for me it’s less incense and more edible) scent wears off, I get vanilla blueberry. It got my partner acting all happy, chatty and offering to do things for me.

This goes on as a really strong, sweet blueberry. When it dries down, the benzoin comes forward and now I smell like vanilla ice cream covered in candied blueberries. I took a chance getting a full bottle because raspberry can sometimes not work with my skin chemistry. I think I might make this into a spray so I can use it in my hair. This is perfect for summer!

What I get out of this at first is what Mara intended: the happiness of blue raspberry meets blueberry.  I know it's an accord which mixes sources but that sugar bomb of the blue raspberry is an element she loves using.  And then, underneath that, is the benzoin giving it that deeper sweetness.  Anyone (besides me) who might remember Spell Weaver - which I always typify as reminding me of Trish McEvoy's No. 9 - it's that same kind of vibe to me: the bright sugary berries meet the warm almost syrupy vanilla.

But the benzoin really comes on strong in the drydown, more than I expected.  I think I'd layer with Sugared Berries or Blueberry to keep that balance going in the long wear.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh! I am a Trish McEvoy #9 (and #9 Sexy) FIEND...loved reading this, Luna. Is this one the closest to that IYO? Or Spell Weaver (runs off to see if that one is still available SOMEWHERE...)? Blackberry Vanilla Musk is my JAM. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. 

Spell Weaver is originally from 2012, so no, unless it ever turns up on the Trading Post.  But you may want to try Baby Blue to see if it gives you that kind of association.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:55 PM, luna65 said:

Spell Weaver is originally from 2012, so no, unless it ever turns up on the Trading Post.  But you may want to try Baby Blue to see if it gives you that kind of association.

Thanks, I placed an order for Baby Blue (and lots of other lovely goodies) and am anxiously awaiting! BTW, wearing Kittenish today...all is good with the world. lol! :) 

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This goes on very blue. I get a hint of something almost medicinal in the background for the first 10-15 minutes, but it goes away after that and isn't ever that prominent. Starting out, it's a very fresh pressed blueberry and blueberry wine. Then, as it dries, it becomes more of a whole blueberry and gets sweeter. It stays a nice, sweet blueberry at that point. It's just a happy, summery scent, and I'm very glad (berry glad) I got a bottle.