Figue de Lune w/Lumina

AD-FigLune.jpg

Scent: Tart figs over a powdery resinous base.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
BERGAMOT ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

Another “first impression” review. When I first put it on, it reminded me a lot of Rite which maybe isn’t too surprising since they share quite a few similar elements (lemon, saffron, bergamot and sandalwood). But the longer it’s on, the more the fig, tea and ginger start to come out which makes for a more complex scent. It’s fresh and clean and a lovely spring scent....and it has Lumina in it which is one of my favorite pheromones!

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa! Upon first application, I get such a not yet ripe fig blast that I fear birds might come after me to steal them right off of me! Looking forward to seeing how this morphs over the day. I might need to put an umbrella over me for safety.

This starts out very lemony on me, and I ain't mad about it, as they say. :D

But after a while I can sense the fig beneath, and that is my love!  I can't even articulate what it is I love about unripe/green fig so much but it is automatically joy to my nose.  The green tea starts to emerge as well, keeping that lemony aura going in tandem with the fig, which makes a nice foil over the other notes, because the sweetness peaks out after that as well.  It's more the kind of sweetness which makes the fig rounder, I think, rather the sticky sweetness we normally associate with a ripe fig.  The tanginess really does hang on, even as it moves to the back after a time.  And then the powdery resins, and this is what reminds me of Enchanted Wonderland, which I love - I don't think I was really going for that effect so much when I was pondering the notes, but it was bound to happen, lol.  I love fig and resin, what can I say? :lol:

If not for the phero I think a guy could absolutely wear this one.  Even though there are sweet notes in it, it's not that sweet overall.

After the lemony notes burn off this becomes, at least on me, a sort of ethereal kind of scent with that tangy fig in the center.  The resins are quite soft.  There's a bit of depth in the long drydown which I would attribute to the saffron emerging.  FdeL would be really good for the workplace, I think, in that it has a freshness and then a kind of neutrality.  And Lumina is a good social phero, IMO.

• 5 months later...

This was the first one I tried, after receiving a sample of it in my order. I have never tried fig as a note before, I think I really enjoy it now! It's the dominant note I get. I also get a bit of spiciness in this (must be the bergamot and ginger). This reads as sort of spicy and musky on me, but not too heavy, so I would wear it in hot weather. 

For Lumina, I really enjoy this for the self effects. I was on the "time on the month" when I tried this, and usually have really painful headaches and cramps, but I didn't feel it when I wore this, which is interesting. I am usually tired during the day, but I felt pretty energized and balanced wearing this. I noticed that strangers seems more willing to talk to me (I was in lecture and two people started to make conversation with me without me initiating at all!) When I took the buses, I noticed a lot more people doing double takes when usually everyone is on their phone. I had an exam yesterday and I felt pretty confident and relaxed (which paid off because I did really well!)

All in all, I am a fan of this, especially for the self effects.

• 1 month later...

Definitely a green fig and stayed that way until it began to fade. I wonder if it is the bergamot that plays with the fig to give it that unripe fig vibe. I take bergamot powder (skin and juice) and plain bergamot juice almost everyday, which might be a little different than the perfume oils, but the smell is similar to what I detect melding with the fig. An invigorating scent that calls to be sniffed. 

• 3 months later...

I got a trial vial and immediately ordered a FB.

On me this opens as a green Figue, but it’s not tart. It then becomes creamy/velvety. Self-effects are calm and happy. I put it on before running errands and at some point forgot and thought ‘what is it that smells so good and warm’? 😆 

Edited by Mila

• 1 year later...

I really like the green fig in the beginning. It is so refreshing and unusual scent. Unfortunately, the honey note goes really bad on me (honey usually does that on my skin), but I am trying this in spray on clothes, so that might help.