Sara’s Pumpkin Lavender Donut

Femmefatale

AD-PumpkinLavenderDonut.jpg

Pumpkin Lavender Donut

In the tradition of Bare Trap, commissioned by Sara

Boys are supposed to love this, and every version we release sells out in a flash. Sweetened lavender drizzled over rich, buttercream cream-filled donuts, with pumpkin frosting on top

First brew- I've never tried Bare Trap, but this is delicious. The pumpkin started out sweet and creamy and morphed into a spicier pumpkin. Foody, creamy, spicy pumpkin. This is one I want to bury my face into every chance I get. I may update after I try this one again, since I had a few different scents going on in different areas when I tried this. 

For me, Pumpkin Lavender Donut is strong on the Pumpkin spices, especially when first applied. Then lavender joins in. I’m only getting a little bit of the donuts. In comparison to Bare Trap (sadly I only have a sample of it), I feel like Pumpkin Lavender Donut is touch spicier. Also, with Bare Trap I smell more sugar, vanilla and donut. More sugar and donut does appear later with Pumpkin Lavender Donut, but still think it’s spicier. They are both lovely! They both dry down to a lovely, spicy but not over powering scent (🙃 or maybe I’ve gone scent blind). My Bare Trap is also older, so it’s possible that some of the differences are due to aging.

Compared to Dreme Creme, they are really different. Dreme Creme is centered much more on soft, pillow-y creaminess with a soft touch of lavender. I smell the soft lavender more in Dreme Creme than with Pumpkin Lavender Donut. Lavender is definitely present in Pumpkin Lavender Donut, but the spices are really the star of the show.

Just for fun, I also compared it to Pumpkin Dulce. Obviously that doesn’t have lavender or donuts in it, but it has a creamy version of the pumpkin spice which makes a bit more like pumpkin spice pudding rather than pumpkin pie.

As for the effects on the Boyz, still more experimenting is needed (heh, a lot more experimenting!), but my two Boyz test subjects seem to react really well to it. Neither can keep their paws or hands off me. 🙂 

PS I’m kinda surprised my cat likes it since I know he really hates lavender. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, RosesArePink said:

For me, Pumpkin Lavender Donut is strong on the Pumpkin spices, especially when first applied. Then lavender joins in. I’m only getting a little bit of the donuts. In comparison to Bare Trap (sadly I only have a sample of it), I feel like Pumpkin Lavender Donut is touch spicier. Also, with Bare Trap I smell more sugar, vanilla and donut. More sugar and donut does appear later with Pumpkin Lavender Donut, but still think it’s spicier. They are both lovely! They both dry down to a lovely, spicy but not over powering scent (🙃 or maybe I’ve gone scent blind). My Bare Trap is also older, so it’s possible that some of the differences are due to aging.

Compared to Dreme Creme, they are really different. Dreme Creme is centered much more on soft, pillow-y creaminess with a soft touch of lavender. I smell the soft lavender more in Dreme Creme than with Pumpkin Lavender Donut. Lavender is definitely present in Pumpkin Lavender Donut, but the spices are really the star of the show.  

I am getting the same thing, @RosesArePink. This is much spicier on my skin than Bare Trap. It is sweet and not bitter at all, @Onyx. Dreme Creme is a much softer scent and has a different feel to it with the musk. I like them both but they are markedly different. 

Thank you, @RosesArePink and @Kayla! I am very curious about this but I am wary about the lavender and the spices. It's good to know this is sweet! The typical Autumn spice blend (usually in candles) can oftentimes be too strong for me. I'm considering whether to get this, either the Private Edition or the 'Weenies version. 

@Onyx So far on me the spices are pretty strong when I first put it on, but it then turns into a softer, spicer almost skin scent. This one needed a few days of resting too, I wasn’t so sure about on the first day that it arrived (afraid it would be too strong) but now it’s lovely. I know what you mean about the overpowering scent in some of those Autumn candles. Just being in the same room with an unlit candle can be overwhelming. 

5 hours ago, RosesArePink said:

@Onyx So far on me the spices are pretty strong when I first put it on, but it then turns into a softer, spicer almost skin scent. This one needed a few days of resting too, I wasn’t so sure about on the first day that it arrived (afraid it would be too strong) but now it’s lovely. I know what you mean about the overpowering scent in some of those Autumn candles. Just being in the same room with an unlit candle can be overwhelming. 

It's like that for me too with some unlit candles! The throw is unreal! Thank you for your review, @RosesArePink! I share similar concerns with some strong fragrances. It's okay if they're just trials because that's what trials are for, but for the ones that I got full bottles unsniffed, I get very relieved when they start to mellow down. 😌

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Onyx I just got a sample of the Weenies version, so let me try to compare:  The PE, I think, has more spicy cinnamon in it and seems more foodie to me. I’m also picking up some Smokey-ness now, but that might be the spices playing with my brain.

The Weenies one has more vanilla in it and seems soft and more floral. I wasn’t so sure I liked it at first because I was getting a strange off scent (🤣 maybe moth balls?) from it, but now that it’s properly rested that seems to have gone away. So now I think I like it a little bit better than the PE one. Still need to wear it a bit more to be sure though.

Thank you for your impression @RosesArePink! I've been averse to cinnamon due to many overwhelming Autumn scents that contain it, but I'm warming up to it more as I try blends here that contain it. I like the way Mara does it where the cinnamon is not overpowering other notes and it's giving just the right amount of spice, kick, or depth to the blends. 

LOL at your mothballs! 😂 Mr. Onyx and you might be picking up on the same thing. 😆 This is part of my review of Pumpkin Lavender Donut ('Weenies 2023) version:  

On 10/31/2023 at 1:18 AM, Onyx said:

Unfortunately, when I asked Mr. Onyx how Pumpkin Lavender Donut smells to him, he said, "Seven spice. You know that spice? And mothballs. Or Christmas mothballs." Christmas mothballs!!! 🎅🏻🎄🤶🏻🤍🧑🏻‍🎄😂😭

I know it's close to the season for Christmas mothballs, but I ended up getting a full bottle of Femme Fatale's Dreme Crème instead. 😝

On 11/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, RosesArePink said:

I think you will be happy with Femme Fatales Dreme Creme. I’m really enjoying it anyway.

I am enjoying it too! It's quite light and I like wearing it if I'm in the mood for that. I'm going through an itchy skin phase right now so I haven't been putting on perfumes as much, but I enjoyed layering it or wearing it alone.