Pumpkin Lavender Donut

luna65

AD-PLD2.jpg

Scent: Sweetened lavender drizzled over rich, buttercream cream-filled donuts, with pumpkin frosting on top.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.
CINNAMON and CASSIA BARK ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. Used in ancient mummification rituals.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

I’m trying this one out today! In the bottle is smells like sweetened creamy lavender. Fresh on the skin I smelt a strong citrus and was like is there lemon? But I think it was the ginger I was smelling. I was so sad thinking my skin was amping it but now that it’s fully dried down it reminds me of those small powdered cinnamon donuts. It’s very pleasant. To me it’s not too sweet but a close to the skin sweetness/richness. 

I’m sorry @RosesArePink I’ve never smelt the PE or Bare Trap. On me I felt it was a close to the skin scent. I don’t think it’s creamy at all. I do think if this settles over time it will really deepen and become a richer cinnamon/pumpkin. But right now it’s a lighter sweetness. I do think the lavender adds to the sweetness but it’s not overpowering. I have tried GoGo and to me that was a creamy lavender. And this is not as strong as Rocket Fuel in the cinnamon department. I hope that helps! 

On 10/19/2023 at 1:13 PM, RosesArePink said:

@LyndaH  Thanks for the review! I somehow never added a sample of this to my order 😱 and was wondering how it compared to the PE edition and to Bare Trap. So, would you say this is creamy and sweet? Also, would you say it’s more of a skin scent or does it get out there?

I haven't compared this to Bare Trap yet, but when compared to the PE that just came out, I'd say it starts out less spicy. As it develops on my skin, it has a thicker (more doughy) feel than the PE version. I like both of them but they have a different feel to me. The PE seems sweeter and airier, while this version seems heavier and less sweet.

Edited by Kayla

I just had to chime in. Bought a sample and then went ahead and grabbed a bottle after I smelled it. It’s giving Purple Puff with a pinch of cinnamon. Going to pair it with some Magnet for nostalgia. For those who haven’t tried Purple Puff, it had a super fluffy and soft lavender. Paired with the vanilla, it’s a soft skin scent on me. Loving this. 

This was my first impression of Pumpkin Lavender Donut ('Weenies 2023 version) on Day 0

On 10/16/2023 at 3:56 PM, Onyx said:

Pumpkin Lavender Donut: Initially smelled boozy though I could barely smell this because I had Ever Moor close by. I thought it was Supra or Pumpkin Pink. I need to test this again because this smelled faint on me.

I've had my sample for 2 weeks (14-15 days) now. This one really grew on me. Unfortunately, I'm not getting the doughy scent that I associate with doughnuts. I do get the lavender, cream, and pumpkin spices in the frosting all blended together. I was just thinking last night that this reminded me of something. I don't have Sara's Pumpkin Lavender Donut to compare this with though. Then I realized it was Femme Fatale's Dreme Creme! I decided to compare them side by side and even slept with them on my arms last night. 

When they're side by side, they're not so similar anymore. Femme Fatale's Dreme Creme is lighter while Pumpkin Lavender Donut is more potent. Dreme Creme has a stronger lavender scent to me whereas Pumpkin Lavender Donut's lavender is better blended with the other spices, but I think it's still detectable because I related this scent to Dreme Creme, even though this one seems to have more different notes going on. Dreme Creme smells sweeter when most notes have faded after it's dried down, while Pumpkin Lavender Donut is richer and has more depth during the initial stages.

For me, just basing on the scent, I prefer Dreme Creme. The scent that it leaves after dry down is just lovely. I find it a little too faint though and would like it to have more throw. I think I prefer its scent due to my pumpkin bias, which I realized (again) around the time that I was reviewing Pumpkin Latte that I still might not be into pumpkin spice products. I still try things out though because I like to be pleasantly surprised. 

Unfortunately, when I asked Mr. Onyx how Pumpkin Lavender Donut smells to him, he said, "Seven spice. You know that spice? And mothballs. Or Christmas mothballs." Christmas mothballs!!! 🎅🏻🎄🤶🏻🤍🧑🏻‍🎄😂😭 I think he may be picking up the camphor in the lavender, hence the mothballs. Oh, points to you Mr. Onyx, though I find it both a hilarious and heartbreaking (in a not-so-serious way) comment.

This continues to grow on me though. Depending on availability, I might pick up one of the foodie lavender scents mentioned here in my next order. 

• 2 months later...

This is delicious!  In the grand tradition of other lavender gourmand classics, of course.  If anything I would say it's more vanilla cake-y, it has that bakery warmth aspect.  The lavender is more of an undertone, appreciable but not in the exact center of the construction.  I don't get much of the spice but it may emerge more during the drydown.