Aztec Moon

katz

I wore this again today, with a bit less fog in my head now...

"Evocative of those hot, sensuously steamy south of the border nights, where romance is heavy in the air. Intoxicating scent of Sangria and Mexican spices over Tobacco Flowers,

Xocoatl, and rich dark resins. A heady indulgence of exotic Aphrodisia."

Fresh on the skin, this one is foremost a wine and floral-fruity fragrance...given time to mellow the wine note settles down, and the cocoa and spices and tobacco flower come out to play...resins underly the whole. It's a scrumptious scent, but my skin seems to dissolve it too quickly :lol: I've applied it to my pulse and hairline areas...maybe I have overkilled and I no longer smell it...that happens sometimes. I do like this for a not-too-foody, but definitely tasty multilayered scent!

"Evocative of those hot, sensuously steamy south of the border nights, where romance is heavy in the air. Intoxicating scent of Sangria and Mexican spices over Tobacco Flowers,

Fresh on the skin, this one is foremost a wine and floral-fruity fragrance...given time to mellow the wine note settles down, and the cocoa and spices and tobacco flower come out to play...resins underly the whole. It's a scrumptious scent, but my skin seems to dissolve it too quickly :lol: I've applied it to my pulse and hairline areas...maybe I have overkilled and I no longer smell it...that happens sometimes. I do like this for a not-too-foody, but definitely tasty multilayered scent!

Hi Katz, I think it may have been me asking about *Aztec Moon*. It caught my eye, I'm hispanic (not Mexican, but) and naturally I was interested. I think I have that same *ability* as you, lately the scent doesn't seem to last and I find mySELF reapplying. In any case, Thanks for the info, think I'll try a sample size of it with next order, have u seen the New Releases ? Liz

Thank you katz, it was I that requested a review.

I received Aztec Moon yesterday, it is much more of a floral than a foodie scent. To my nose the floral was very strong, then it absorbed in to my skin and disappeared before I had a chance to notice more. While it may work for some people this just isn't what I was hoping for, I'm not too fond of heavy florals.

Thank you katz, it was I that requested a review.

I received Aztec Moon yesterday, it is much more of a floral than a foodie scent. To my nose the floral was very strong, then it absorbed in to my skin and disappeared before I had a chance to notice more. While it may work for some people this just isn't what I was hoping for, I'm not too fond of heavy florals.

my mistake, L

No problem Liz. :)

We both may have been asking about this one. Hope you enjoy it, but for me it wasn't the foodie lovers chocolate scent I was hoping for.

Think I'll go for the Trial Size, credit card can use a rest :mellow: ! Have you checked out the New Releases ? I don't know what to order. Liz

I'm trying to avoid purchasing anymore for myself until well after the holidays. But if I my spending wasn't limited I would want to sniff Essence of Luck, Kingdom of Dreams and Wishcraft. :mellow:

Don't they all just sound FABULOUS !!!! 12th Night in New Orleans caught my attention because of the dried orange peel and patchouli (my favorite scent in the world), that and the *new beginnings* thing (sure could use one). Ashes to Dust: the *banishing potion*, although the Hydrangea as the 1st note, well ... I' not a big floral fan, it's if-y. Seduction and Redemption sound interesting (perhaps it's the story that allures me), Enticement sounds a bit fruity. I'm going to go for it and get them ! Liz

• 3 weeks later...
Don't they all just sound FABULOUS !!!! 12th Night in New Orleans caught my attention because of the dried orange peel and patchouli (my favorite scent in the world), that and the *new beginnings* thing (sure could use one). Ashes to Dust: the *banishing potion*, although the Hydrangea as the 1st note, well ... I' not a big floral fan, it's if-y. Seduction and Redemption sound interesting (perhaps it's the story that allures me), Enticement sounds a bit fruity. I'm going to go for it and get them ! Liz

I didn't review Aztec Moon because it was one of the florals that my skin just consumes on the spot, so I couldn't really pass judgement. I do know that I tried a drop or two in my oil simmerers and its smelled fantastic and lasted for days. So, I think it was my anti-floral skin chemistry rather than the fragrance that was the problem for me.

May

• 1 month later...

..and "Xocoatl" is from whence we get the word "chocolate." ;)

• 10 months later...

I scored a bottle of this in a trade. It is not very fruity on me at all. What I get are the spices, resins and a hint of a spicier floral. It is a heavy scent when wet. Like thick night air, laden with the scents of the day. On dry down it is a softer dry spice. The sun rises and burns off the thick dew, leaving a dry breeze behind. I can smell what I think is chili powder in the background. Very subtle. I like this one.