Oil Warmer from LP

I have a ceramic one with the space underneath for the tealight which I got from Michael's. It works great for oils and wax melts, the diffusion depends on a few factors: strength of the fragrance, air currents, temperature; but it suits my home fragrance needs just fine.

My dad doesn't like the fact that I'm burning candles at home... He thinks it's unsafe and he doesn't want to be responsible for setting the whole entire building on fire..... Hmmm.... So i'm curious about the electrical ones too!

I've seen one from MUJI and they are really quite stylish! Here's the description: By using ultrasonic waves to create a mist, this diffuser effectively spreads scent throughout your home - and you can use the integral LED as a light source, as well.

5434489835_6dcfc433c6.jpg

What do you think? Do you think it will work just as effectively as an oil burner???

My dad doesn't like the fact that I'm burning candles at home... He thinks it's unsafe and he doesn't want to be responsible for setting the whole entire building on fire..... Hmmm.... So i'm curious about the electrical ones too!

I've seen one from MUJI and they are really quite stylish! Here's the description: By using ultrasonic waves to create a mist, this diffuser effectively spreads scent throughout your home - and you can use the integral LED as a light source, as well.

5434489835_6dcfc433c6.jpg

What do you think? Do you think it will work just as effectively as an oil burner???

Yes that looks good for the regular simmer oils, although I would try to stick with organic, edible grade essential oils in something that I'm directly inhaling into my lungs, personally. I was eyeing the electric burner from here, but I went with one that has a removeable bowl, so that it converts to a candle warmer. Gots my eye on an LP Pink candle :666:

Thanks for the reviews.

@ bumbob- That is a really pretty diffuser. I always wanted one, I used to use Young Living essential oils but they are too expensive for me. I do buy from Rocky Mountain Oils sometimes and they are very nicely priced. But these are just single essential oils that I use for therapeutic and health benefits. They also sell really nice vaporizer diffusers I believe, but this one you found looks relaxing with the light glow it gives off, thanks for sharing. I haven't really been into essential oils ever since I found LP, it's more practical because they all smell divine AND make me happy and relaxed from the pheros and I use them almost every day unlike the essential oils. I don't collect many EO's anymore except the ones I use for my skin care. Anyway, hopefully you can find one that your Dad will feel more at ease : )

@ Luna- I didn't know Michaels ' sold them, I'll have to check it out, thanks. The reason I started this topic is because I have one and I wasn't sure if I was using it correctly. I have the ceramic one where you put the tea light inside. I found out yesterday that I have been using cheapo oils/melts and thats why it's been smelling wonky. I also found out that the flame should not be touching the bottom of the bowl so I tested it out last night and for about a 1/2 hour into it the flame was just under it, everything was smelling good, then it started to smell like something else was burning tho. I checked the flame and it looked tall and somehow suctioned to the bottom curve of the bowl. I blew it out and found some black ashy, waxy film covering the bottom of the bowl and got some off with a razor but only a bit because my hand doesn't fit. So I think that's what might have been making it smell weird (and because I wasn't' using good quality melts). Has anyone else had any problems with theirs? I have no idea why the flame got so big, maybe because there was no air movement and heat rises so it just grew? Hmmmm.......... it just really bothers me because it'll smell so good and then turns into a wierd smell like someone is burning something they shouldn't be and that smell lingers :OUE9E4~111: .

Edited by honeybee716

Thanks for the reviews.

@ bumbob- That is a really pretty diffuser. I always wanted one, I used to use Young Living essential oils but they are too expensive for me. I do buy from Rocky Mountain Oils sometimes and they are very nicely priced. But these are just single essential oils that I use for therapeutic and health benefits. They also sell really nice vaporizer diffusers I believe, but this one you found looks relaxing with the light glow it gives off, thanks for sharing. I haven't really been into essential oils ever since I found LP, it's more practical because they all smell divine AND make me happy and relaxed from the pheros and I use them almost every day unlike the essential oils. I don't collect many EO's anymore except the ones I use for my skin care. Anyway, hopefully you can find one that your Dad will feel more at ease : )

@ Luna- I didn't know Michaels ' sold them, I'll have to check it out, thanks. The reason I started this topic is because I have one and I wasn't sure if I was using it correctly. I have the ceramic one where you put the tea light inside. I found out yesterday that I have been using cheapo oils/melts and thats why it's been smelling wonky. I also found out that the flame should not be touching the bottom of the bowl so I tested it out last night and for about a 1/2 hour into it the flame was just under it, everything was smelling good, then it started to smell like something else was burning tho. I checked the flame and it looked tall and somehow suctioned to the bottom curve of the bowl. I blew it out and found some black ashy, waxy film covering the bottom of the bowl and got some off with a razor but only a bit because my hand doesn't fit. So I think that's what might have been making it smell weird (and because I wasn't' using good quality melts). Has anyone else had any problems with theirs? I have no idea why the flame got so big, maybe because there was no air movement and heat rises so it just grew? Hmmmm.......... it just really bothers me because it'll smell so good and then turns into a wierd smell like someone is burning something they shouldn't be and that smell lingers :great: .

maybe try snipping the wick in the tea light to a shorter lenght/height?

maybe try snipping the wick in the tea light to a shorter lenght/height?

Thanks for the tip FAWN, I do snip the wick when they are brand new, but this happens later on, maybe 20 minutes to a half hour in. I think it' might just be the design but not sure? All the heat some how creates a big flame and the flame is almost spread out on the whole underside of the bowl. My bf seen it today and thought it was hazardousness. I have to keep an eye on it now but glad I found out just a few days ago that the flame isn't suppose to be that high, other wise I still wouldn't know and sometimes walk out of my room. When I get the LP wax tarts I'll test it out again and if it ruins their scent I'll definitely buy a new warmer cuz I'd HATE to waste such good quality melts from LP. I'll keep you up to date with this prob in case any one else has it. And don't shy away from these ceramic oil warmers because of my review, I've read many good reviews on other sites and Luna's review too. I think mine may just be a funny one. It was mass made in China so maybe they measured wrong or something who knows.

was eyeing the electric burner from here, but I went with one that has a removeable bowl, so that it converts to a candle warmer. Gots my eye on an LP Pink candle ;)

Our DOES have a removable bowl, which I FORGOT about when I went to use mine yesterday, and smashed the bowl...so saaaaddd!!! Luckily I found a place online selling replacement bowls. :)

Personal preference, I like the ones that use a tea light the best.

Our DOES have a removable bowl, which I FORGOT about when I went to use mine yesterday, and smashed the bowl...so saaaaddd!!! Luckily I found a place online selling replacement bowls. :)

Personal preference, I like the ones that use a tea light the best.

AWWWWWW MAN! It was pretty much the same price (with shipping) from the other place!!! D'OH!