Phero Girl vs OCCO Gold

They accomplish the exact same thing, so the difference really lies in which of the scents you prefer. For me, OCCO Gold reminds me of Sugared Honeycomb whereas Phero Girl/UNE is a heavier scent but appropriate for the cops load. I always recommend that if you like honey scents it's definitely worth a try to see how you like it.

Definitely Phero Girl for me. It has been awhile so I suppose I should revisit it because it has been awhile but Occo Gold did not work on me at all. BUT I do like Phero GIrl and I am guessing it is because of the orange blossom. Maybe it brightens the honey up? Not sure but I remember Occo Gold being plasticky on me. Everybody seems to like the Sugared Honeycomb though so I'd get samples.

eta: I just tried them again. I still don't like Gold on me. And I still like PG. Phero Girl is just "prettier" to me.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

I love PheroGirl. i can do OCCO Gold but do not like it near as much. Tyvey's answer says it all. But that being said, if you already have Une, you might want to try something further away from it. Pherogirl and Une are pretty close (though they do wear a little differently on me).

OCCO Gold reminds me of Sugared Honeycomb. I don't wait OCCO Gold alone. I usually combine it with OCCO White. OCCO Gold and Sugared Honeycomb turns powdery on my skin after an hour or so.

Pherogirl on the other hand turns a little floral after an hour or so and thus it's prettier like Tyvey said. I guess, due to the orange blossom, it makes it brighter and to my nose, it's lighter as compared to OCCO Gold, etc.

I have UNE, like Halo, it wears differently on me. I guess it's cops and my skin chemistry.

Pherogirl and Une are pretty close (though they do wear a little differently on me).

The only difference between them is that UNE has no cops.

The only difference between them is that UNE has no cops.

I know, but they do smell different on me, even after cops drydown. I bet if Mara made them at different times/different batches they are just slightly different. Just like Garland and lace V1, 2, 3 are all slightly different

Hmmm, I usually make those batches together - and split the lot between the two. But different brew editions will always differ a tad.

About to brew another batch this week! :(

That makes perfect sense. I must have Une from one batch and PheroGirl from another. It's a subtle but distinct difference. Une is the only honey scent I own that has a tendency to smell almost like play-doh. Luckily I love the smell of play-doh so this is a plus to me. but I get none of that from my bottle of pherogirl.