Husband's b-day in 2 weeks. What LP to get him?

(woops, I see his birhday is in ONE week, not two... may have cut this too close.)

So I've given my guy two LP samples to try: Port Manteau (with perfect Match) and Moon of the Falling Leaves..

MFL was not so great on him (it morphed too sweet) and Port Manteau was just okay..(also a bit sweet) (I think these re unisex anyway)

I am looking for a real "man" scent. Currently if he wears scent at all it's Polo Green which actaully smells AMAZING on him (even though it's sort of a cliche)

What would you all recommend? He's a very independent ALL Male kind of guy. Very Earthy and outdoorsy, but also introspective and sensitve in a still waters run deep kind of way...

His Birthday is Dec. 1 and I was hoping to give him some samples to play around with. Which blends would you recommend? I don't think he would need an Alpha male type phero, doesn't need any more of that...but I wouldn't mind something sexy and powerful on him either.

I'm looking for about 3 or 4 scents a couple phero'd and a couple non, whatever you think would smell good on a man...Phero a bonus...

Edited by Raq On

I see there is a trial set for men for $30....Maybe I could try that? I was just going to start off with 3 or 4 though. Since he doesn't wear scent everyday, only if it occurs to him,, a whole trial set may be overwhelming. OR I could get a trial set and see which ones I like, but then maybe they'd smell different on him anyway...Our chemistries are so different. Port Manteau smelled soooo dif on me than it did on him

I should add that I liked the smell of Weapon X when I bought a sampler... Just not on me. I remember thinking it would really smell good on a guy. Anything with those similar notes? Would Weapon X be considered "green" or "woods?"

IDK I can't even pick out notes in my OWN LP's much less something for a guy!

Edited by Raq On

I see there is a trial set for men for $30....Maybe I could try that? I was just going to start off with 3 or 4 though. Since he doesn't wear scent everyday, only if it occurs to him,, a whole trial set may be overwhelming. OR I could get a trial set and see which ones I like, but then maybe they'd smell different on him anyway...Our chemistries are so different. Port Manteau smelled soooo dif on me than it did on him

Yes! My husband loves the men's sampler sets, he jumped @ the chance to get this month's offering. I recommend the LP #9 cologne spray, it's classic citrus musk.

Based on his taste, Excalibur and Merlin's Blend for sure! Also, for the new ones I tried to go more classically masculine: Salute, Thunder, Ruisseau, Ambuscade, Pinnacle... Iconic Tonic from last Nov maybe too.

Cool! Thanks Mara! I just placed an order for samples:

Ruisseau

Excalibur

Super

Ambuscade

(and some B-2 Un for me... and maybe I'll spray it on his clothes...)

Hope I can get it in time. His birthday always sneaks up on me. It's the 1st of the month and I always think I have two weeks. Happens every year.