Learning Curve

First, I'm new, but am amazed already. My first bottle was from another company and though the self-effects were good, I had close to 100% tolerance after the second day. Good news followed because my newly discovered LPs arrived right when that happened - CB and TH. The self-effects weren't as dramatic as the first exposure, but there is now peace in my house! We had had daily bristling which has now melted away with the TH. Thank you, LP!

Sooo looking forward to the next order's arrival.

Now, which will be a good alternate to TH (and without cops)so Ican prvent the family from building up a tolerance?

Also, I saw were someone had decided not to use True Confessions anymore because she became too unfiltered at work. In a situation like that, could wearing it daily (ie, putting it on at bedtime or other alone time) help to build a tolerance while still being useful when trying to make that shy person more comfortable? Just a thought for how to still be able to use LPs when self-effects are slightly too much. Probably not a good methodology for the stronger reactions.

Thoughts? Please chime in if that's not a good strategy. Always looking to learn more about what looks like my new interest in scents.

One last note. I'm one of those very sensitive to scents,store perfumes, scented beauty products, household cleaners, etc. So far, that's not been an issue ... which is a pleasant surprise. Anyone know why these seem ok?

First of all, welcome!!!! I can't answer your last question as to why, but I just wanted to add that my officemate is also sensitive to scent and she has never an issue with LPs. Maybe it's because of the quality ingredients they use...? Or just Mara's magick? ;)

I also can't asnwer any questions about tolerances. I just shake it up way too much to be an issue! As for an alternate of Treasured Hearts, I'd suggest Perfect Match.

Some people are just more susceptible to self-effects with pheromones than others but that tends to decrease quickly with constant use.

I know Mara does not use the chemicals to "fix" her scents that most large commercial perfumer producers use. That way their perfumes smell the same on everyone and smell the same no matter how long you have worn it. You can research exactly what these "fixers" are here on this site or on the internet easily enough. Because of this, Mara's scents do change over time and can smell differently on different people. But those people who are sensitive to those chemicals do not get headaches either with Mara's scents.

A lot of people here will tell you (me included) that after wearing Mara's scents for a while, other perfumes will have a chemical smell to them. And there you go.

Hi and welcome WnG!

I've always been a bit of a perfume addict, but was never satisfied with most of the perfumes I tried before discovering LP. Now I'm slathering myself in one or more of my disgustingly (delightfully) over-sized LP collection every day, and I've noticed such a difference in how both I and others react to them. I have a very well developed sense of smell, and these perfumes smell more real to me- I've realised much of my dissatisfaction with commercial fragrances stemmed from their obvious artificiality. And the chemical fixatives, as Quietguy mentioned, must make a huge difference too. No one has ever had a bad reaction to an LP perfume I've worn. These scents have a lovely natural charm and a softer, smoother texture to them. When I wear these fragrances, it's like they become a part of me.

Hello again Wgn :) Commercial perfumes do my head in and I could never wear them without there being some headache to pay, so I haven't worn much scent wise...then along I stumble over LP.... Now I have this HUGE collection and I walk around smelling delicious enough that most days AT LEAST one person tells me so :lol: I'm just so happy to be able to finally wear perfume!YAY! I hope you find it to be the same for you :heart:

QG hit it on all counts - no chemical creepiness here at LP and I personally LOVE that the scents morph over wear and time....it's become an endless fascination for me.

Welcome again and happy experimenting!

Edited by NuTrix

Thank you for the warm welcomes! Yes, I'm excited there is finally something I can wear. I had given up on scented anythings for years. And, it amazes me how far reaching the scents are in the market yet there's still that personal feel doing business with LP - like doing business with a friend. Love when Mara commments on a thread in the forum. And, when placing an order, something I ordered was no longer available and John worked with me to help me find replacements for what I wanted.

I've always wanted my own company but haven't quite found the niche for something. If I do find it, I hope the people I serve feel the same positive way that LP enthusiasts feel about LPMP.

Interesting, I tend to be a bit shy when it comes to forums, but suspect a review or two will be coming soon! :)

Hi & Welcome. Sounds like you've been doing your homework. Reading the review threads for pheros & fragrances is all a good place to start & you can ask questions on the review threads (about that item) too.

In regard to pheros in addition to treview threads, ect, I recomend Dolly Journal, in the Journal thread. She has a couple of pages dedicated to pheros for newbies. Good stuff there and it will answer a lot of future questions too.

I regard to your comment above I personally don't wear pheros like TMI or TC to work in case of self effects. I'd certainly try it out a few times at home first to make sure it's something you'd be comfortable with. The conventional wisdom with those B'nol heavy blends is Not to wear them close to your face, to reduce self effects. Try your arms, wrist or hands.