Fairy Cake: Plumeria

Beccah

AD-PlumeriaFC_1.jpg

Faerie Cake: Plumeria

Crackling caramel and peachy-sweet plumeria blossoms slathered with buttercream frosting, grace a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.

• 2 weeks later...

OHMYGOSH! This is a surprise LOVE. On me this is SO foodie! I did a double take because I couldn't help think that THIS is NOT coming off floral on me AT ALL. I may need a FB of this one. I don't really know if Plumeria is foodie or sweet. I do recall smelling an oil fragrance that was actually a combination of other floral notes that I DID like, but was NOTHING like this. This is soft and pretty and sugary sweet. Ohmygash, I'm really still in shock that this is a floral, it's even sweeter than the Sweet Pea to me :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hee! All the other Fairy Cakes I've tried have had plenty of, well, *cake.* So far on me, though, the Plumeria is front and center. When I sniff at a distance from my skin, I get the sense of something under the flower, supporting it. I just put this one on a few minutes ago, so haven't yet experienced long drydown...but as a longstanding Plumeria addict, I am LOVING this. :w00t:

ETA: It stayed Plumeria-forward the entire time. :heart: As with the others I've tried, when it faded out at the end, I was left with the faint, faint ghost of a sweetened vanilla. And that faint ghost was also on my tee shirt that I slept in when I snoofed it thie morning. That particular ghost was left over from the Figgy. :) I can also smell it in my sweatshirt right now, which I wore *before* I went to bed.

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This is very cakey on my skin. Interestingly I get something that smells like brown sugar in addition to the Plumeria. Very foody maybe the most foody'ish of all the florals (I've tried) to my nose.

Once again, a floral note I usually cannot wear is utterly wonderful! Mara really did tap into some fae magic, I'd say.

Plumeria tends to be too intense for my olfactory palette but combining it with caramel is genius, it tempers the natural tendency of fhe flower to bloom too loud on my skin, but it's not an overwhelming sweetness - just perfectly balanced and one I now also have to have!

This one goes all plumeria take over on me. Nope nope nope. Screeching super sweet floral with no cake to be seen.

It's just my stupid skin chemistry and probably all in my head though. I used to wear a TON of plumeria spray from BBW in high school. Maybe it's bringing back too many scent memories of bad fashion choices, ex boyfriends and pot smoke. *shudder* I think ill leave plumeria back in high school.

This is wonderful! I love plumeria (another high school BBW Plumeria fan right here, Hearts!!). It's a stronger floral on me, and I was expecting it to be very forward, as with several of the other floral fairy cakes. But that is not the case! It's very balanced. Others were fairy cake with a lovely flower resting on top. This one is as if the plumeria petals are baked right into the cake. They truly meld that well. Then the whole cake is drizzled in rich, buttery caramel. It is so lovely. It is strong first on, but as it dries down, it softens and warms up and becomes creamy. You get more of the pink feel from the plumeria and the caramel is a warm skin scent. And the Marine likes this one too!

This one goes all plumeria take over on me. Nope nope nope. Screeching super sweet floral with no cake to be seen.

It's just my stupid skin chemistry and probably all in my head though. I used to wear a TON of plumeria spray from BBW in high school. Maybe it's bringing back too many scent memories of bad fashion choices, ex boyfriends and pot smoke. *shudder* I think ill leave plumeria back in high school.

I have the same scent recall. It's very plumeria and reminds me of Bath and Body Works, which reminds me of high school. I remember having this sponge mesh thingy that I would douse in plumeria shower gel. I get no cake either, just plumeria and it's not bad, just very very clean smelling to me, which makes so much sense since I always used the shower gel from BB & W. I don't mind how it smells, it will come in handy when I feel dirty.