Bonding with Leather?

Hi folks! I’d like your pheromone advice. NSFW.

Situation: I have a submissive boyfriend. We’re going to a kinky club this weekend. I ordered Leather and I’m reeeeally looking forward to trying it out (with cops, of course). Hope it ships here in time!

I tried Temptress from another company and he hated it every time I wore it, for some reason. I’m hoping the Leather will work better.

The morning after the party, he’s leaving on a long trip, so I’d like to add a bonding pheromone so it really imprints and he misses me. I don’t know which to add to the Leather, that won’t clash or cancel it out. I’m not that knowledgeable about pheromone varieties. Help?

I have these pheromones:

True Confessions 

Heart and Soul

Balm Bomb 

Supernatural (AJA)

XSP96

Vibe

Glace

Tease

Bliss

Babe

I’m brand new to LP and hope to add more of your products. :)

I look forward to your advice! Thanks!

Well, Leather has EST which does have that bonding effect in some men, makes them very chivalrous.  I suppose of the LP pheros you have either True Confessions or Heart and Soul might work during the after-care portion of your scenario, you know?  That's generally where the bonding occurs anyway when it comes to scenario play, in my experience.  But you just have to be careful of the "b-nol babble" when it comes to using True Confessions if you want to ensure that you keep the upper hand, as it were.

Hi. Welcome

If it were me, I'd be merciless and go ALL Leather, as the big thing is your club event and you mention he's submissive so I am going to assume that's what he likes. IMO,  that's going to be the best way to have an impact in that particular space of time. Stay on top, blow his mind and he will remember.

You are asking for two different things. You want to be the Dom and you want sweet/cuddly/bonding. I would choose one of those, for this experience, to make my impact. 

Most of the bonding stuff is more cuddly. It's softer and at odds with the other Dom stuff. You are already doing a compromise going Leather instead of DOMINANCE. Definately add cops. I think if you slip into the Leather and cops (maybe read up on keeping the upper hand in a top/bottom experience) and go all in, you will both have a lasting impact on eachother. 

You will have other opportunities to test drive some other mixes. My rec's for the Bonding:

•GOTCHA- in my experience, is the MOTHER of all the bondy/lasting impression stuff. But, again totally at odds with the roles you want to play here. 

•Bonded- (natch) works super well, upbeat and a dash of cops is very complementary here.

•Cuddle Bunny- very EST heavy so make sure he's Est friendly before you try this one. 

•Treasured Hearts with a dash of cops is also great.

•TMI- with cops is nice but IMO you will get chatty. So with both TMI and/or True Confessions I would do a couple of test runs before something big was at stake. 

IMO look at your phero experiments with a bit of a long term goal. You have specific plans so you need to decide what you and the boy want out of this experience. 

Good luck. 

9 minutes ago, StacyK said:

You are asking for two different things. You want to be the Dom and you want sweet/cuddly/bonding. I would choose one of those, for this experience, to make my impact. 

But when it comes to participating in scenario play, these two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

30 minutes ago, luna65 said:

But when it comes to participating in scenario play, these two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

In real life, for most of us, yes. I do think she is on the right track with Leather. On a personal note I enjoy both sides. But, not at the same time. As long as everyone is true to their desires & comfort it is fine to indulge and try on the ropes or tie the knots whatever you like. But, its hard to be both at one time. On the other hand, being one thing (in that extreme) all the time & forever is exhausting.  IMO, with BDSM play it would depend on everyones expectations. 

From the description of the boyfriend being submissive and she's looking at the Dom role for this experience... I say go all in. If that is what she's comfortable with. Its hard to be a Dom if you are not comfortable with that. 

3 hours ago, StacyK said:

On a personal note I enjoy both sides. But, not at the same time.

I don't believe anybody would try to suggest that.  Again, in my actual experience there's a logical progression to what happens within the boundaries of scenario play and so a shift from one mood to another after the intense dynamic of power exchange is almost essential to one's well-being.

@Beaux have you used the True Confessions that you already have around him? If I could phero someone with that without turning into a mushy blabbernouth myself, I would in a heartbeat. Obviously only for the morning after, though, IF you could maintain your composure. I  wouldn't necessarily want to spring a totally new phero on him when your morning after time is limited. And if he is truely sub, couldn't a little bit of the hair of the dog get the results you want? When I accidently Dom'd my man, he started nuzzling my arm with the top of his head, just like a little kitten.

2 hours ago, luna65 said:

I don't believe anybody would try to suggest that.  Again, in my actual experience there's a logical progression to what happens within the boundaries of scenario play and so a shift from one mood to another after the intense dynamic of power exchange is almost essential to one's well-being.

I agree, in some cases that can be. I can relate to that. But, I have noted that some people are indeed more flexible than others. Its really down to what play they are talking about. I definately read it one way. 

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Beaux have you used the True Confessions that you already have around him? If I could phero someone with that without turning into a mushy blabbernouth myself, I would in a heartbeat. Obviously only for the morning after, though, IF you could maintain your composure. I  wouldn't necessarily want to spring a totally new phero on him when your morning after time is limited. And if he is truely sub, couldn't a little bit of the hair of the dog get the results you want? When I accidently Dom'd my man, he started nuzzling my arm with the top of his head, just like a little kitten.

Yes. Exactly. Well put, "hair of the dog".

;)

For me, I needed warm up time with TC & TMI, "Indiscretion" being a fav LP. But, others may have more control. 

It is one of those... be careful what you ask for things when it comes to those.

XSP96

Vibe

Glace

Tease

Bliss

Babe

I dont know these because I dropped trying other companies pheros once I tried LP.

Anyone know these? Components etc.

Holy cow, that’s a lot of replies since I checked in last! I will read them in a moment. I wanted to stop in to post this:

I’d like to give a shout out to the Love Potion crew for some excellent customer service here. 

I was afraid I wouldn’t get my Leather order in time for my big event, so I belatedly emailed to ask if I could pay extra for express shipping. They said yes and posted it the same day! I don’t know if it was already ready to go or if they scrambled to fill the order faster, but I really appreciate it. 

I’m getting the package today, two days early. That’s enough time for me to test out dosage! Yay! (Anyone have any tips on 60/40 dosage?)

On 8/5/2018 at 11:53 AM, luna65 said:

Well, Leather has EST which does have that bonding effect in some men, makes them very chivalrous.  

First, apologies if I missed anyone. I’m on mobile and the editor is being a bit difficult.

I’m looking forward to the EST chivalry! :) I don’t know what the bad reactions are that I keep hearing some men get. Only one way to find out.

23 hours ago, StacyK said:

Hi. Welcome

If it were me, I'd be merciless and go ALL Leather, as the big thing is your club event and you mention he's submissive so I am going to assume that's what he likes. IMO,  that's going to be the best way to have an impact in that particular space of time. Stay on top, blow his mind and he will remember.

Most of the bonding stuff is more cuddly. It's softer and at odds with the other Dom stuff. You are already doing a compromise going Leather instead of DOMINANCE. Definately add cops. I think if you slip into the Leather and cops (maybe read up on keeping the upper hand in a top/bottom experience) and go all in, you will both have a lasting impact on eachother. 

You will have other opportunities to test drive some other mixes. My rec's for the Bonding:

•GOTCHA- in my experience, is the MOTHER of all the bondy/lasting impression stuff. But, again totally at odds with the roles you want to play here. 

•Bonded- (natch) works super well, upbeat and a dash of cops is very complementary here.

•Cuddle Bunny- very EST heavy so make sure he's Est friendly before you try this one. 

•Treasured Hearts with a dash of cops is also great.

•TMI- with cops is nice but IMO you will get chatty. So with both TMI and/or True Confessions I would do a couple of test runs before something big was at stake. 

IMO look at your phero experiments with a bit of a long term goal. You have specific plans so you need to decide what you and the boy want out of this experience. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for your recommendations! I’ll definitely look into them after this weekend.

The more I think about it, the more I’m inclined to wait until morning to try a bonding pheromone. 

18 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Beaux have you used the True Confessions that you already have around him?

Sort of. I’ve used Vibe, which contains the same pheromones, plus a couple more. I accidentally spilled it on myself one day and by the end of the night we were curled up like cuddling pretzels and expressing our deepest concerns. It doesn’t seem to have much self effect on me other than making me less tight-lipped.

I gave True Confessions + PSX96 a trial run at a department store and the only pattern I noticed was that everyone else thought they had right-of-way. Three registers open, I’m standing there the longest, employee checks out someone else. That sort of thing. A little girl on crutches(!) was clomping toward my cart with her mother, and I said, “Hold on a sec,” to pull my cart out of her way. She ignored this and kept going full speed. WTF. It was only one spray of each, so not ghosting.

I’m not a wallflower and not aggressive, either, just normal. Maybe it made me look more like a wallflower, jeez.

I think my demeanor might work better with Leather than Dominance, since I’m much less of a scary b**** than when I started. More FLR than prison guard, yknow. I’m hoping it won’t be too discordant for my partner.

By the way, when I originally ordered Leather, I was thinking it would be the same thing as Temptress, but with EST added. It’s not. I found the ingredient list for Temptress and it contains a freaking smorgasbord of pheros. So there’s a very, very good chance that whatever my guy hated about Temptress won’t be an issue with Leather. Yesss...

Thanks for your help!

Have the staff been reading my thread?

I just got my package and my free samples are:

Vampire Bunny

Love Potion Black

Heart Chakra

It sounds like these might match Leather! Yes, no?

You know what, strangely, I like the smell of the unscented Leather. Weird! I’ll still cover it with something. Right now I’m trying the LP Black - on my skin, it kind of smells like a velvet wooden box in a hippie shop, lol. It definitely starts off like leather!

I’m off to run some errands now. :)

I have Vampire Bunny, but given that it has Cuddle Bunny, it's not something I would pair with Leather. Mr. Crash loves VB, though--I have a couple of full bottles just because A - I love how it smells and B - I love how he reacts to it. ;) I agree with Luna, LP: Black is a good match for layering with Leather.

If you can get your hands on some Bad Girl, that's also a good one that has Leather! 

Reporting back. I tried out 2-5 sprays sequentially on the days before the event, going shopping and keeping an eye out for ioi. I got nothing, zilch, nada, except for one female cashier at 4 sprays who seemed overly eager to help me and kept calling me “sweetheart.” I was purposely frumpy, dressed down without makeup. I hoped I’d get more results when dressed up...

(more soon)

Remember with pheros less is sometimes more. Try a bit less. 

On 8/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, luna65 said:

I agree, in some cases that can be. I can relate to that. But, I have noted that some people are indeed more flexible than others. Its really down to what play they are talking about. I definately read it one way. 

On 8/8/2018 at 4:31 PM, Eastwood22 said:

@Beaux have you used the True Confessions that you already have around him? If I could phero someone with that without turning into a mushy blabbernouth myself, I would in a heartbeat. Obviously only for the morning after, though, IF you could maintain your composure. I  wouldn't necessarily want to spring a totally new phero on him when your morning after time is limited. And if he is truely sub, couldn't a

The day of the event, I used 1 spray of Leather on my arms and put a tiny bit of cops on my hips. My submissive boyfriend was a little grumpy at first. Uh oh. Over 1-2 hours later I added another spray, and this was encouraging. He got very touchy feely and offered to help fetch me things. He usually does, but he seemed a bit more helpful than usual. 

I sprayed twice more more when I changed into my corset that night. Now my arms, neck, and cleavage had Leather. I wore my usual perfume cover. 

It’s unclear how much the Leather or the outfit was generating IOI. Boyfriend seemed happy and helpful enough. At the end of the night, notably, he said I smelled wonderful and kept resting his nose in my cleavage. Lol

I didn’t get a chance to add more pheromone until after a shower the next morning. I chose a drop of H&S I could hide in my usual apple scented cover (Passion Bee honey smells delicious!). This was disappointing - he actually ignored me the rest of the morning. I was depressed driving home, which I think was a combination of self effects and low blood sugar. 

I took another shower and used this as an opportunity to try out a swipe of Balm Bomb under my chin. It was nice! I did feel like my mood uplifted.

Final impression: I wasn’t as bossy as usual wearing Leather, though I did feel confident enough. I need to try full Dominance and maybe add a spray of Leather to steer it.

I also feel like the self effects were greatest the first hour of the first day, so maybe my neurotransmitters are drained at this point. It was a long weekend of pheromones.

More testing needed.

Oh, one other note: at one point I had to solve a puzzle, so I was wearing a concentration face on top of my usual RBF. Boyfriend said I seemed angry. No, just a little frustrated...

• 3 weeks later...

I got a definite hit on Leather today. 1 spray + cops. I was grocery shopping as usual - not looking like I needed any help. A male employee walked by, saying, “How are you doing?” “Fine, thanks,” I answered politely, still paying attention to shopping. Three or four steps after he passed me - long enough to smell my perfume - he abruptly skidded to a halt and came back, asking if I needed any help. No? Was I sure? He smiled at me while walking backwards, before walking on. 

I didn’t want to report this in the Leather bonding thread, but I’m not sure how to start a journal. Saving it here before I forget.

I’m ordering a sampler soon. :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 10:48 PM, Beaux said:

I got a definite hit on Leather today. 1 spray + cops. I was grocery shopping as usual - not looking like I needed any help. A male employee walked by, saying, “How are you doing?” “Fine, thanks,” I answered politely, still paying attention to shopping. Three or four steps after he passed me - long enough to smell my perfume - he abruptly skidded to a halt and came back, asking if I needed any help. No? Was I sure? He smiled at me while walking backwards, before walking on. 

I didn’t want to report this in the Leather bonding thread, but I’m not sure how to start a journal. Saving it here before I forget.

I’m ordering a sampler soon. :)

That hit sounds like it would be great to add to the Leather review thread, if you want to report it somewhere without waiting for a journal. I'm cracking up at the image of him walking backwards. ?