Orchidee Sensuelle w/Sexology

AD-OrchideeSensuelle-usgsOman.jpg

Scent: A thick and sensual blend of fleshy orchids and creamy bananas.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers, lust inducing.
BANANA ~ Fertility, virility, potency, creativity, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
COCONUT ~ protection, purification, receptivity.

I really love this. It starts off all chocolate Ganache and moves quickly into the banana split stratosphere. Full-bodied, but not in your face. Warm and fresh all at the same time. Chocolate and coconut and bananas, oh my!...and there's an orchid in your hair!  What's not to love? 

Out of all the LP's I've tried this one changed the most dramatically from vial to skin. 

First sniff from the vial I was taken aback by a sharp cloying chocolate. I was offended by the smell and was glad I only ordered a sample. 

So when I got off work I was curious about how it would smell on my skin. I put some on my wrist after my shower and didn't sniff. I let it sit on my skin for about 10 minutes. When I smelled it I was shocked! It had turned into a lovely, gentle, sweet orchid with a hint of chocolate. Like the orchid just naturally smelled a little chocolatey. After another 10 minutes a little banana started peeking thru. It wound up being a delicate sweet scent that I really like! 

Retried this today.  Figured the travel shock had calmed, so I'd give it a go-and it is  beautifully balanced.

I began by gently mixing the perfume in the vial, which honestly does make an impactful difference.

Upon application, the Chocolate Ganache was not prominent, but rather an accompaniment to the orchid. As the scent blooms-about 10 minutes in-the orchid is the star of the show. The banana and vanilla begin to step forward and soften the orchid. The chocolate has stepped back, but acts as a warming base. At 20 minutes, the orchid and banana (ripe, and headed toward a rich, boozy quality) are equal players, bringing the scent toward a truly tropical feeling. At 30 minutes, the coconut  and vanilla have combined to create a  swirling atmospheric effect, both anchoring and elevating the orchid and banana. The Chocolate Ganache has reappeared. At 40 minutes, this is a beautifully balanced five-part tropical harmony.

Thank you @Wanderlust and @Artemis for your steller reviews of this one. When I first saw the label before the notes were announced I knew it would be a full bottle, as I'm an Orchid lover, but then when I saw it had chocolate and banana, I felt those two notes would overtake the blend and my beloved Orchid would not come thru... I'm going to order a sample of this in my next order to see if I like it on my skin....thank you both for letting me know that the Chocolate is not prominent.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though cocoa butter can evoke a chocolate-type impression, I don't get that from this.  it just sort of underscores the fruity impression of the banana.  It's not quite the fresh banana of Coquin, but it certainly has more of a fruity impression that most banana-type scents.  I feel like maybe the orchid and the cocoa butter are really melding together, in that way it reminds me a bit of Pherodise more than, say, Cacao Amor.  The orchid emerges more in the drydown, a distinct presence apart from the other tropical elements enfolding it.

12 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Even though cocoa butter can evoke a chocolate-type impression, I don't get that from this.  it just sort of underscores the fruity impression of the banana.  It's not quite the fresh banana of Coquin, but it certainly has more of a fruity impression that most banana-type scents.  I feel like maybe the orchid and the cocoa butter are really melding together, in that way it reminds me a bit of Pherodise more than, say, Cacao Amor.  The orchid emerges more in the drydown, a distinct presence apart from the other tropical elements enfolding it.

@luna65, thank you so much for this detailed review. I love Orchid, but it seems this blend has the banana coming out strongly, I'm so going to order a sample of this