Poe de Creme

luna65

AD-PoeDeCreme.jpg.3edc97c3ca82d0e9de977e075bd175d4.jpg

Scent: Dark, heavy and rich, chocolate pot du creme with strong boozy cherry.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA BEAN ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

I absolutely love this one! It starts out as a blast of cherry, then mellows into a beautiful chocolate cherry cream scent. It lasts about 4 hours on me, which is unusual because perfumes usually last all day on my skin. I don't mind reapplying though because the smell is so amazing! 

This was my first impression of Poe de Crème:

On 10/16/2023 at 3:56 PM, Onyx said:

Poe de Crème: It smelled like powdery chocolate in the bottle. After application, I could smell the cherry! I think this could benefit from resting. It kind of smells somewhat separated to me at the moment probably due to travel shock. I got a musky impression during the initial stages of dry down. Now that I sniff this again as I type this, it smells more blended and actually really, really nice. I'm not getting the powdery chocolate anymore but more of the boozy cherry with something. I look forward to testing this again after some rest.

This was one of the standouts for me when I tried my samples on Day 0. I've had this for 11 days now and it's gotten even better. I no longer get that powdery chocolate smell from the vial. It seems that with some rest, it got blended even more and it's already giving me cherry cordial from my vial sniff! It also smells refreshing to me somehow. I thought this would be a warm scent, but it smells cool to me.

I don't know what the tobacco note adds to this, but I am not getting the unpleasant smell that I have in my mind when I think of tobacco. Perhaps it may be adding depth. I am thinking of raisins for some reason. Maybe it's complementing the cherry. Speaking of cherry, I still get more of the boozy cherry during dry down. When most of the other notes are gone, I get something that's reminiscent of traditional perfumes left behind, but it's not bitter or displeasing. I actually find it pleasant! 

This has replaced Pumpkin Pink for me as the one I'm most interested in getting a full bottle of from 'Weenies 2023. (I think my skin might be sensitive to something in Pumpkin Pink or Supra because my wrists that had them last night were itchy even after I washed them off. I need to go back to them at some point to see if this is actually the case.) But I digress, this is also a contender for me for the Flagship Foodie Fragrance of 'Weenies 2023 alongside Vessel! While Vessel is reminiscent of Ritter Sport Nugat (Praline) chocolate, Poe de Crème is like Queen Anne Dark Chocolate Cordial Cherries or Cella's Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries, with emphasis on the dark chocolate!

I was quite excited about potentially getting this, but now I'm not so keen. I asked Mr. Onyx what he thought and he said, "I don't like this one. It's sickly sweet." 💔 I asked him again after it's dried down even more (during the traditional perfumey part) and he said it smelled light to him, somewhat floral, so I think there's a chance! I want to respect him and his nose though, since when I like a scent, I'm a slatherer, and I like the wet part and initial dry down of this scent a lot. I've actually reapplied this twice now to keep getting that lol. I'll wear this every now and then to see if his impression changes. 

I know that I reviewed Poe de Creme a few weeks ago, but I felt like I needed to update my first impression.  I have been wearing this almost daily and it is my favorite of Mara's chocolate & cherry perfumes. As it has settled in from travel shock, it is lasting about 6-8 hours on me now. The fragrance is still presenting the same on me - beginning with a strong blast of alcohol and cherries, then transforming into a delicious chocolate, cherry cream after about 30 minutes. If you like cherries and chocolate, you need to try a sample! @Eve, I think you would love this one.

@Kayla  I’m giving this another go, mainly thanks to what you wrote.  I went full bottle with this, but it was straight up cherries every time I tried it the first few days.  It reminded me most of the LE OCCO Cherry.  I’m hoping for some chocolate to show up.  And, I’ll update after I’ve worn it for a few days. 

4 hours ago, Eve said:

@Kayla  I’m giving this another go, mainly thanks to what you wrote.  I went full bottle with this, but it was straight up cherries every time I tried it the first few days.  It reminded me most of the LE OCCO Cherry.  I’m hoping for some chocolate to show up.  And, I’ll update after I’ve worn it for a few days. 

That's so interesting, Eve. Occo Cherry was much different on me - kind of tart or like a brighter cherry. If you can make it past 30-45 minutes, I think you'll love it. I hope it has changed into something you'll love! 

ETA - I have bought 4 full bottles and still think I need more, lol.

Edited by Kayla

• 2 months later...

I wore this on Friday, it started out all Chocolate Cherry then after 30 minutes it went Herbal/ Green. which is weird because there’s nothing herbal in this .  it wasn’t a bad smell just herbs. I have worn this before and it was chocolate and cherries. I wonder if was interacting with the soap.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love chocolate cherry anything.  Well, just about, anyway.  And this is definitely my thing: it's the intersection of Special Delivery and Jubilee (rip to my lost bottle *sniff*) to me.  Wonderfully rich and deep and boozy and sweet!  And deep enough that it wears fairly linear on me, delightfully so.