Sugared Red Berries

May

Hi all. I'm new here, some of you might know me from another forum though. :) I received my first order from Love Potions recently and got sugared red berries as a sample. (Thank you!) :)

It is - to my nose - intensely sweet, it puts me in mind of all those fruity boiled sweets you can buy (UK US translation I think "boiled sweets" might be "hard candy"). It reminds me of the cherry, strawberry and raspberry fruit drops we all enjoyed as a child. It also has a "creamy" edge to it. Strawberries, raspberries, cherries with sugar and cream. Yummy!

It is very evocative of childhood summer sweets and absolutely charming. Although my personal preference is for heavier, smokier, darker perfumes I can quite understand why this one would be a runaway winner for a lot of users.

May

Edited by May

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, a strawberry scent. *sigh* It will smell like Strawberry Shortcake . . . Sweet, generic, redolent of artificial fragrance and vintage plastic.

But this one . . . doesn't. Yes, it's sweet and bright, but it's not your average strawberry scent. Maybe it was the balance of other notes, but this one came out very "red," just as described. It's not one that I would wear solo myself, but it really does make a fantastic layering note. If you want to add a little bright, cheerful sparkle to something, this one works. Personally, I think it's fun with Sugar-Fried Bananas. :) (Actually, I think almost everything is better with Sugar-Fried Bananas!)

• 2 months later...

I just put this one and about less than 10 seconds later my husband says "mmmm what's that smell?" That's how I know I found a winner (the man usually stays silent in all my perfume adventures). Before I told him what it was he identified it as fruity - wow, he's learning! Before everything was vanilla or coconut no matter what I put on.

At first this is very much a juicy red berry scent. About 10 minutes after application the sweetness from the sugar comes out and mellows it. I really like this!

• 7 months later...

This is a lovely scent, I'm so glad that mara scent me a sample of this!

It's definately fruity, and all pink/rouge very very nice (it's been added to my wishlist) totally gorgeous. The dry down on me is a very sweet, pink sugarish and juicy strawberries and cherries. My mom basically wanted my sample after smelling it on me! lol

from what i rememebr this is a very juicy tart red scent and i need a bottle. I'm thinking of either getting this or mixed berries mixed with some true comfessions and calling it "trueberry"... get it? trueberry, instaead of lie berry?.... I wonder if i could get it custom blended with some sort of library book smell or wood...

from what i rememebr this is a very juicy tart red scent and i need a bottle. I'm thinking of either getting this or mixed berries mixed with some true comfessions and calling it "trueberry"... get it? trueberry, instaead of lie berry?.... I wonder if i could get it custom blended with some sort of library book smell or wood...

lol, I got'cha...but wow, I like you're idea, it sounds very nice!

• 2 years later...

I was expecting the berries to punch my nose on application. But it was actually a very gentle and candy-like berry sweetness. There seem to be a little 'creaminess' to it although there may not be any in it.

• 4 weeks later...

To me, this smells exactly like pink bubblegum. I like it, it makes me all nostalgic and I think of when I first discovered LP. Not that I tried a bubblegum scent first, but maybe because it is not a traditional perfume scent. It is weird, but I feel like I am in the past when I smell this.