Okay, I so want to try a pheromone, but have had difficulty in the past because I am very scent sensitive. Most often I think it is the musks that cause me a problem. My question is to those of you out there with allergies. What are you using and what give you the most "bang" for your buck?

Allergies is a very tricky subject, and also a very broad one with an incredible amount of individual variation so it would be impossible for us to tell you what you could or couldn't wear.

When you say you have allergic problems what do you actually mean? Red & stinging skin? A rash? Scents triggering wheeziness or asthma?

If it's an issue of your skin being very sensitive then as a general rule of thumb I'd say be a bit careful with scents that contain cinnamon as that can be irritating, or anything else that you know from experience has caused you itching or skin irritation.

I have A LOT of allergies myself, as well as very sensitive and extremely dry skin. I have problems using regular spray perfumes mainly because the alcohol is irritating and drying on my skin, but very few of the scents here have every caused me any problems. On the contrary, I love the oil perfumes as my skin is so dry they are soothing/moisturising rather than drying. There has only every been 1 scent that made my skin a bit stingy and itchy, and one which made me wheeze (I have asthma).

I've never had a problem with the phero's in any form be that the oil, or the DPG one, un-scented or scented.

I'm not sure what you mean with what we wear for most bang for the buck...ALL the phero's are very good mixes, and very concentrated/potent, it just depends on what you are looking for in a phero in terms of effects.

The only advice I can give you is to try things in sample sizes in small amounts to see how you react to them ^_^

Yeah, Allergies are very tricky. I am lucky that I have absolutely no food allergies only a couple mild irritants (bell peppers, onions and sometimes garlic). Skin allergies are something that have grown rarer for me over time but do occasionally rear up. My allergist & I have never been able to figure out what causes those.

My main allergy is scent, my sinus can tighten up in seconds or sometimes it will take hours. Then it takes about 24 hours to resolve them, instant migraine, not fun! LOL

I guess my main concern has been that in the past the pheros that I have tried even the unscented ones seem have some scent. Always causing headaches if not immediately, within a couple hours. These unscenteds are they truley unscented? Any muskiness with any of them? I am really just trying to figure out what I can expect and pinpoint the one that might be most useful for me, while avoiding the headaches.

I am really drawn to Leather at this point, and am considering that. I guess trial and error is really the only way! LOL Thanks for your input!

The unscented do still have some scent but it's not really what I'd call a musky scent. I'm not scent expert, but the phero's withouth cops or betanols (which are both noticeable) smell more of the diluant than of phero's.

All you can do is try them I suppose.

The UNscented phero's aren't available as samples, but the scented ones are. You can find them in the gift shop ^_^

The unscented do still have some scent but it's not really what I'd call a musky scent. I'm not scent expert, but the phero's withouth cops or betanols (which are both noticeable) smell more of the diluant than of phero's.

All you can do is try them I suppose.

The UNscented phero's aren't available as samples, but the scented ones are. You can find them in the gift shop ^_^

Thanks! I will try them out see how it goes!

In the past, I have had a lot of problem with skin allergies caused by NUMEROUS commercial perfumes.....most of them, I think, are due to the cheap alcohol that is being used. Really, the only way you will know is to try some of the products here. The alcohol used is as clean as it gets, and the scents are varied.....for instance, if musk gives you a problem, it may be a CERTAIN musk.....M & D have various varieties of each scent......so it may be just one particular note that is causing your allergies to flare....

As Dolly says, with certain notes/accords which seem to be a migraine trigger, it may depend on the source.

Yes that is what I am experiencing. I am not afraid to try them, headaches or not! LOL I love scents and scent layering, but have not had much luck in the market, excepting the fruity accords. Those do not seem to bother me at all. Honey is another. Unfortunately, I do not always want to be sweet. :wub:

• 1 month later...

I also have lots of allergies (esp seasonal/environmental) and asthma. There are entire lines of commerical & niche perfumes I can't use because I get an insta-headache. Like Rosebud, I have better luck, and more choices, with perfume oils like Love Potions. So far, my favorite phero blends are Tail (discontinued) and Intelligent Woman (unscented). Good luck!