Time of Your Life

katz

AD-TimeOfYourLife-sm-LovePotion.jpg

Time of Your Life

The ambiance of cool, night time salty sea air, mingled with tropical balsam, native citrus and a sweet whiff of suntan oil over a base of musky chypre.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
YUCCA ~ Transmutation, protection, purification.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CHYPRE ~ a blend of Civet, Ambergris, Oakmoss and Musk, it is considered a potently sexual combination with wealth drawing properties as well.
SALT WATER ACCORD:
SALT ~ Protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.
WATER ~ Cleansing, purifying. Fertility, Goddess energy, fluid of life. Renewal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, let this one settle down on your skin before you make a call on it one way or t'other. I was very unsure on this one for the first 1/2 hour or so. On my skin the floral notes were *very* strong at first. Given time, it's lovely...something sweet and etherial...something wistful does come across, I can't explain it, but it's beautiful.

Exactly what she said ! The first 45 minutes was a Lemon Festival on me - I amp that to exclusion of all else when there isn't a tooon of sugar in a blend. But now it has mellowed, in fact is pretty much gone, and this is turning quite beautiful, quietly beautiful. I pick up a bit of sun warmed orange, and non-foody vanilla, and musk, just the suggestion of suntan oil here and there, and a floral that I don't recognize but is strangely stirring.

It is evoking twilight at the beach, by the boardwalk, someone's got a guitar and is playing it quietly; people join in for snatches of lyrics here and there; someone is thinking about getting a fire going; you still have sand in your hair and your skin is still pleasantly sticky with suntan oil and still warm to the touch from being out there all day, and the echo of the daytime heat and the experiences and memories of so many people from that day are still hanging in the air around all of you like a fog, almost visible and almost palpable; the sounds of other people keep getting fewer and farther between, and farther away; you've had a beautiful day, a perfect one, and you are not so much partying into the night as resigning yourself to it. This is strongly bringing back flashes of so many specific moments of my time there, mostly at night, but I believe others too may find it emotional, moody, contemplative. It's very unusual in "feel" among the LPs I've tried. In other words, just bang on. I'm *moved* by this.

Edited by tyvey

you've had a beautiful day, a perfect one, and you are not so much partying into the night as resigning yourself to it. This is strongly bringing back flashes of so many specific moments of my time there, mostly at night, but I believe others too may find it emotional, moody, contemplative. It's very unusual in "feel" among the LPs I've tried. In other words, just bang on. I'm *moved* by this.

WOW.... This sounds so AMAZING... I wanna get it just for the FEEL of the perfume :(:):wub:

I love this one too! This is a perfect transition for summer into fall. Saying goodbye to summer but hello to Autumn. I love how this one morphs so breezily on my skin. I also like the feeling that I had while wearing this. I felt grounded. There's a note in here that reminded me of Christine's Tropical Musk.

It's very airy. I also noticed that I felt confident wearnig this- same great strong feeling that I get from CTM. Like.. I am stripped bare but so what, sometimes I don't wash my hair and pick at my nail polish kind of way~ who cares I'm alive and healthy and that's the important thing.

Very Grounding indeed. I love.

• 2 weeks later...
I love this one too! This is a perfect transition for summer into fall. Saying goodbye to summer but hello to Autumn. I love how this one I felt confident wearnig this- same great strong feeling that I get from CTM. Like.. I am stripped bare but so what, sometimes I don't wash my hair and pick at my nail polish kind of way~ who cares I'm alive and healthy and that's the important thing.

YES, put this on the other night and it's very self-acceptance giving. "it's all good" and "let it go" vibe. Amazing how Mara captured this complex emotional state of mind in SCENT...Eta ya know I think I'll try this with teddy....

Edited by tyvey

The salt water accord and plant aspects (especially the aloe) are very strong on me, it is definitely a time-and-place kind of scent on me. I do get a whiff of sweetness, but for me this reminds me more of day rather than night. At first I was getting a vision of driving along a road adjacent to the ocean on a really hot afternoon, all the scents in the air. Unfortunately because aloe does not work on my skin I can't wear this, but I do appreciate the evocative aspects for certain.

• 11 months later...

OMGGG

I had a long very nostalgia-provoking conversation with another former angelena yesterday, so of course I had to slather this today. I had been wearing it only at night / for sleep for a while and then drifted off to other things for nighttime. But it has aged marvelously.

The opening lemon has REALLY mellowed out, as have the florals. It is extremely....integrated now. Through wet & dry it hasn't morphed very much.

The chypre is very warm and sweet (not sugar-sweet, but "feels" sweet, emotionally, if you KWIM). Chypre fans, do not waste a moment before trying this at its present age. I'm not a huge chypre fan but I am loving this experience. It remains sentimental and wistful, to use Katz's perfect word, but less dramatically so than when first brewed. The "acceptance" feeling is stronger than ever.

On one arm I swiped Dolly's Hot & Sticky through it, on a lark, and it's just fantastic, a fruity cocktail on cool summer night on a beach deck.

*edited to make sense

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

Time of Your Life is great. I'm surprised that I haven't reviewed it yet. It's so lovely fruity-musky with hints of coconut and vanilla. Really a happy-mood-perfume. I've mixed a few drops into un-PP spray which I spritz on my hair. With Open Windows it would be great, too.

• 2 years later...

Alright Girls,

I took one from out of the page of the ladies on these forums. This came to me as a very small sample (unasked for and thanks Mara!), I guess these are called 'sniffee's'.

I see all you ladies wearing men's fragrances. Well I tried this one and come to find out I like it. I think it might be more appropriate to wear to sleep rather than around town, but hey, it smells good. I like eet.

• 7 months later...

Testing this again today after I read that it had a chypre in it,and I adore chypre.

First of all,the description of this is lovely,bittersweet, melancholy. Gorgeous. I had originally got it because I was fascinated by the Suntan oil note which I didn't pick up on at the time, so I sort of shelved it and forgot about it. Dumb. This stuff is really nifty. Wanna know why?

I dunno if Mara intentionally did this or not(probably--she is teh genius), but it wears like a chronological SUNSET in color and tone. Check it, first when you roll it on, you have all this bright citrus and saltwater on top;bright,sunny,yellowy-orange glinting on the water. Next phase of dry down when the midnotes come out,the citrus fades and the whole composition turns twilight time blue..balsam,yucca and here I whiff both the suntan oil and the beginning of my dear chypre..the sun has dipped below the water line,but its still a mid tone blue outside. Finally, in the long dry down,we have this most gorgeous musky chypre. Dark blue in color,its night time now,and the powder from that oakmoss is just doing me in. So lovely! I am so glad I came back to this. It does lose its punch kind of quickly,but all is forgiven because theres an enchanting blue green balsam/oakmoss musk lingering on my skin,and occasionally I'll catch a whiff. Sunset in a bottle! I've never been to California,but if your evenings actually smell this way,y'all got it made!