headaches or other side effects?

Wondering if anyone has experienced daily increased head "tension" or headaches when using pheromones? I saw that some people get headaches from ODing.... but anyone have headaches simply from normal usage?

I have a lot of symptoms that go up and down and it's always hard to know what is causing what as I change treatment strategies, etc. headaches have never been part of my symptom profile, but I realized that since starting to play with the pheromones, as the day progresses, I start to feel this "tightness" in my head and behind my eyes.

I don't think I am ODing--I am just using oil samples and have so little on that my "target" can't even smell the scents unless I put my wrist right under this nose.

I re-apply a little every 4 or 5 hours. I have been using different pheros almost daily for a couple of weeks now.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have a history of bizarre side effects from drugs, so perhaps I am an anomaly. Even more, I hope it is just a coincidence, and that these sensations are not being caused by the products.

thank you!

I don't think it's all out of the realm of possibility, these are drugs we are using after all, and they can affect us and others around us in powerful ways. I don't get headaches, but I have heard others say they do from ODing, especially with alpha androstenol. However, I know what you mean in getting the negative effect WITHOUT ODing, as I get a negative effect from alpha androstenol (not headaches) with just normal use, and have to go very light on it for that reason. There might be one particular chemical that causes this reaction in you. If it's a big problem I would recommend trying out several products and noting which ones give you the biggest reaction, or even trying single molecules, and work it out from there.

For me it seems to be a mix of figuring out the right dosage, and depending on the formula the first try will always be like a rush. If you get headaches you should moderate how much you use, and not re-apply later that day if you are experiencing it in order to avoid OD'ing-IMHO of course.

I'm kind of figuring out how much of Leather I should be using, but I suspect my menstrual cycle is part of why it's not exactly working for me entirely at the moment-I am getting affects but it's 'off'. Focus Potion seems fine, but like with most unscented phero blends, I need to work on being careful about how much to apply and not over do it or I will get that headache. At this point I'm toying around with ordering them custom scented instead, money depending.

I used to use cops every day and pheros at least twice a week. I don't refresh in the afternoon as I want the pheros to wear off before I go back home to the kids. I didn't have any problem.

After my bottle of T.M.I. broke about two months back, I started having headaches on a regular basis. I guess my children and i were seriously OD'd for a prolong period of time (my bad as I was trying to save some of the oil). We did develop headaches or tensions as you have described. In fact, I even developed headaches from normal LPs. I cleaned and aired the bathroom, bedroom and the entire apartment throughly and I had to go really light weight with scents till about 2 -3 weeks back. I've learnt my lesson.

Edited by JOC

Oh argh.....it sounds like the pheros are to blame. Was hoping to not have that added complication to trying these out.

One thing I can say that gives me a bit of hope is that yesterday I didn't put anything on, and I still got the headachey/pressure thing within 3 hours of waking up, but...then again....maybe the pheros are on my clothes as I wear the same "house sweater" all of the time. would they stick that badly?

Thanks for the input ladies. Wow- yikes, JOC! you must dearly love your LP products to have continued after all of that!

Regardless, going to skip them for a few days to see what happens. so hard! I am so into trialing these. but I am starting to think this is playing with fire for someone whose health is so compromised already..... especially hearing JOC's account.... do any of you remember someone who was ill with a long term chronic condition working successfully with pheromones? someone with lyme, lupus, chronic fatigue, fibromylagia, etc.?

So far I have used: Serenity, Portmanteau, LFM, Lumina, OCCO Ambrosia, Sexology, Cuddle Bunny, and for one brief hour Sexpionage. I still have yet to get enough response for me to think any of these (except serenity for self effects for me, unless one of those self effects is headaches!) are going to be worth buying a full bottle.

re: dosing, it seems like I can get at least a week plus out of a single tester vial. I remember Mara telling me she thought I would be able get only 3 days from a tester... unless I failed to understand what she was saying. but if that is true....it means i am not overdosing, right? or, i am just so hypersensitive.....

Hope you find your answers...the only negative I have ever had is a headache once from a-nol.

I take no meds or have health problems,other than healing rotator cuff issues tho,so that could make a huge difference.

I think the testers can last longer than three days, but YMMV. Personally I used much less than that, about the same but a bit more than the other fragrance testers I buy, with some success, though I wasn't using most of them as a sexual attractant. I suspect the effects of OD'ing depends on the person, and some people could OD by a third of a tester, but I don't know if this has ever been a study on lower dosages.

Health might also have something to do with it, being I'm still recovering from health problems, so I'm a bit sensitive to certain blends more than others-but then the ones I'm not sensitive to are still blended with other fragrances. I'm chemically sensitive, so that might play a roll, but I'm only speaking hypothetically here.

Oh argh.....it sounds like the pheros are to blame. Was hoping to not have that added complication to trying these out.

One thing I can say that gives me a bit of hope is that yesterday I didn't put anything on, and I still got the headachey/pressure thing within 3 hours of waking up, but...then again....maybe the pheros are on my clothes as I wear the same "house sweater" all of the time. would they stick that badly?

Thanks for the input ladies. Wow- yikes, JOC! you must dearly love your LP products to have continued after all of that!

Regardless, going to skip them for a few days to see what happens. so hard! I am so into trialing these. but I am starting to think this is playing with fire for someone whose health is so compromised already..... especially hearing JOC's account....

re: dosing, it seems like I can get at least a week plus out of a single tester vial. I remember Mara telling me she thought I would be able get only 3 days from a tester... unless I failed to understand what she was saying. but if that is true....it means i am not overdosing, right? or, i am just so hypersensitive.....

Well, I guess I have to qualify what I have posted earlier as I was just trying to give you the short version of the incident.

My bottle of TMI broke as I was giving it a good shake (I always do that). I tried to catch as much of the perfume oil as possible as while half the content spilled on my mat. A couple of seconds later, I knew it was a crazy idea to do so and thus poured whatever I caught onto the mat and wiped whatever remained on my palms on the lining of my leather jacket and some clothes which were close by.

It really didn't strike me on how much chemicals was floating around my bathroom. All I can think of is the beautiful scent. As it was still quite cool, the bathroom window was still kept closed most of the time.

It didn't stike me that my headaches might be due to the A-nol exposure in TMI. I wore the work clothes, my leather jacket and my jeans regularly. My work clothes were washed but my jeans, which I hardly wear, remained unwashed and kept in my bathroom. Honestly, my leather jacket has not been cleaned till today. It was until my son complained about having headaches that I got the mat and my jeans cleaned. I put on the fan to ensure air circulation.

Re the headaches then after, it could still be the Anol in my system. It could be certain notes from certain perfume. I didnt take note of. I have a high threshold for pain so I took all these with a pinch of salt.

Although I do not exercise regularly now, I am in quite good shape. I am , for most of the time, lack of sleep as there are so much things to do and to read than just sleeping.

A tester vial should last you at least a week even if you slather. I still have samples which I received 2 years ago so I think you must have misterpreted Mara's msg. I do slather on scents which I love and which I have multiple backup bottles provided they do not have much throw or they fade due to my skin condition or my skin chemistry.

Wow, JOC, thanks for sharing the details of your run-in with that bottle!

@ Raqs, no idea. I have another suspect on the list now: some pharmaceutical amino acids I started taking recently as well. I feel okay when I get up, and 3 hours into wakefulness, the head pressure starts. I did not wear pheros today or yesterday and it happened both days. so i am going to not take the AM aminos tomorrow and see what occurs.

When you say tester vials, do you mean the "sniffee" vials, or larger trial vials? The trial vials I imagine would last way way longer than a week. I would use just a few dabs at a time and I'm just guessing but surely you would get ten to twenty applications this way. It's possible you're using too much, but the only way you'll know is to experiment.

Wow, JOC, thanks for sharing the details of your run-in with that bottle!

@ Raqs, no idea. I have another suspect on the list now: some pharmaceutical amino acids I started taking recently as well. I feel okay when I get up, and 3 hours into wakefulness, the head pressure starts. I did not wear pheros today or yesterday and it happened both days. so i am going to not take the AM aminos tomorrow and see what occurs.

I usually get headaches, from anol, if my system is out of balance. That is the worst side effect, at best I stop getting self effects. It's probably a good idea to take two weeks off every so often anyway, so that you don't lose the good feelings you get from your favorite blends. I also find myself rotating them often to keep this form happening as well. I am curious, which amino acids are you taking?