Sugared Almonds

Beccah

AD1-SugAlmonds.jpg

Sugared Almonds

* Delicious almond oils blended with lots of brown sugar and dabs of white and pink too.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I received mine today. This is my first foray into the sugareds. I was half afraid they would all be super sweet, but to my nose they really aren't. This is raw almond with a hint of ... agave or honey to my nose. It was 'dry' enough that I layered it with sugared cream for a marzipan-type effect. Definetly unisex to my nose, and not perfumey. Perfect for layering.

Hmmm, I want to order, but the 'lots of brown sugar' is a bit of a turn off for me since I tend to amp it already. Usually I end up with a headache, smelling like pancakes or something.

Anyone buy? Do the almonds hold their own?

Are you sure it's the BS and not maple? I do amp BS a bit but I amp Maple like crazy. That's me anyway.

Are you sure it's the BS and not maple? I do amp BS a bit but I amp Maple like crazy. That's me anyway.

I agree with you, Stacy--I amp maple like crazy, as it seems to be one of those scents that are easy to throw. :) However, on me, as it dries down it tends to smell somewhat similar to warm syrup, although not quite maple syrup... Ahh, I dunno. I'm just gonna zip it bad-mouthing brown sugar, lol.

That said, I don't mind the brown sugar, it's just I'm looking for an almond heart and/or base so this one can be layered with other blends containing more subtle almond notes. A sweet and sugary top note is nice, but almond staying power is my greatest reason to buy.

Yes, I received mine today. This is my first foray into the sugareds. I was half afraid they would all be super sweet, but to my nose they really aren't. This is raw almond with a hint of ... agave or honey to my nose. It was 'dry' enough that I layered it with sugared cream for a marzipan-type effect. Definetly unisex to my nose, and not perfumey. Perfect for layering.

Thanks, Andros! I appreciate you noting that it is 'dry' and could easily create the marzipan effect with another layerable. That does help me imagine the scent better. I was half afraid if I mix it with something like Ionia, I might come out smelling like a pastry, lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy to say this is like velvet on the skin. Very warm. I was afraid this would run to a slickery/plastic scent, but it absolutely does not. Beautiful as a stand alone, refreshing with a spritz of Orange Almond Hydrating Water.