Evening Breeze-Summer 2018

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1520643960_e4zh.jpg?version

Evening Breeze

Twilight begins as the sunset fades to a velvety blue, the first signs of starlight appear, and the air turns cool and just a bit damp, a refreshing remedy to the heat of the day...we’ve captured this beautiful evening mood in a bottle - light and breezy with a just a touch of humidity and flowers perfuming the night with their lush and lovely scents. Blooms of hyacinth, hydrangea and night-blooming jasmine mingle with a carpet of clover and watery accents of aloe and bamboo. 

Label Artwork Courtesy of Callie L. French

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck; protection, playfulness, joy, relieves grief, eases childbirth. Dependability, constancy, friendship.
HYDRANGEA ~ Hex-breaking, love drawing, lovers reunited, fidelity.
NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I had to go right to this one. I love night blooming jasmine. I was a bit concerned it might go too floral for me. But, I wore this yesterday and it stayed in my floral sweet spot. A pretty jasmine crown with a hint of cool green. Supported by the other florals on a breeze of summer evening air. Gorgeous. Elegantly mood elevating. This is an evening of summer happiness in a bottle. More please :) 

Evening Breeze is really really pretty. The florals are elegant and cool. The greens are watery and refreshing. Together they remind me of what a $2000 a night hotel’s shampoo would smell of. Not quite laundry, not quite soapy but what a very expensive spa type of place would have as their house scent. Luxe. 

Even though this isn't a floral blend I would wear, necessarily, I think it's a really nice blending - it definitely makes me think of being outside after someone has watered their garden once the sun goes down.  I get the wet greenery and the flowers, it's so evocative of a moment in time (and we know how Mara is talented with that!), and it takes me back to summer nights long ago.

I'm always worried about jasmine. It's not my favorite flower. Walking past it makes my eyes water and sinuses swell up. I thought this one might be a bit too floral. 

But I was wrong! It's gorgeous! The florals are airy and clean. The aloe and bamboo give it such a breezy effect. This is perfect for hot summer evenings, for going out, for staying in... I think it would be great paired with LFM or Lumina. 

I was trying to say that statement made me giggle, "I'm always worried about jasmine."  Wouldn't it be cool if life was so easy breezy that jasmine was super high up on your list of daily concerns? I know that's not what you meant and I'm just being a jackass. My man is extremely allergic to jasmine, and yet he likes it. I sometimes find it oppressive, so haven't tested it yet, but Bella your review makes me less fearful. Even though I'm always fearful and cautious with jasmine. Always.

11 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I was trying to say that statement made me giggle, "I'm always worried about jasmine."  Wouldn't it be cool if life was so easy breezy that jasmine was super high up on your list of daily concerns? I know that's not what you meant and I'm just being a jackass. My man is extremely allergic to jasmine, and yet he likes it. I sometimes find it oppressive, so haven't tested it yet, but Bella your review makes me less fearful. Even though I'm always fearful and cautious with jasmine. Always.

???

Jasmine is evil. 

I can't wait to read your review now...

Well, 

14 hours ago, Bella15 said:

???

Jasmine is evil. 

I can't wait to read your review now...

Bella, I wore this for you. Immediately after dry down, I put my wrist under my man's nose. He's like a hound dog, can pick out individual scents immediately, so I figured he'd say something about the jasmine. He said, "It reminds me of my River and Rain." Huh??? I was like, "um, what about the jasmine?" He was like, "yeah, I smell that, of course, but it reminds me of River and Rain." So I looked up R&R, they both have aloe and clover. He was focusing on the aloe note. He likes watery clean stuff, I'm not big on watery florals, except maybe Mermaid's Kiss, but the flowers are tempered with melons and teakwood. Paradisi is the other "watery," one I might want a bottle of this summer, but again, that's fruit and teakwood.

This one just wasn't my thing, I guess I'm just too food motivated! No fruit, vanilla, coconut or spice, I'm not interested. I can't eat flowers, at least very few of them. If I was a panda, I'd be stoked on the bamboo, I suppose. The jasmine, however, did not pick a fight with me. I frequently read jasmine as "clean,' so clean that it almost feels like an astringent cleaning product, but it didn't bother me at all. An hour or two later, I spied a sniffle of Petals of Silk in my car and put that on. I can eat blackberries, and I needed a little LFN. So no evilness in the jasmine, but no need for more than what I sampled today. And thank goodness for that! There are too many that I NEED!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This has become my favorite sleeping potion. I am concerned about dousing myself with pheros for remote work AND at bedtime, so I've cut back for bedtime and this scent is amazing for that. The humidity of it is magickal. I apply some across my wrists, place one across my pillow by my face and inhale. Along with a slight winter breeze from my cracked window, this just calms me so much. I'm not really getting floral from this; just a beautiful humid green concoction from my almost 2 year old bottle. It has a Bag Balm effect on me without the phero being present in this. If you haven't yet discovered just how powerful an un-pheroed scent can be, try this one. 💋