Pheromones and Children

So, before I scoot off to bed, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with children to your pheromones? I work with little ones (it's like herding cats some days) and I was going to test drive Breaking the Ceiling tomorrow at work. This is an even bigger day than usual, since it's the first day I'll be back since a family death and I want to make sure everyone knows that I've got everything covered.

Does anyone know if this is going to, you know, irritate the children anymore than a normal perfume intolerance would? None of the children I work with have ever had any problems with my perfume, even when they were smushed against my scented bosoms, but I don't want this to cause any overload. What I'm hoping for is a gentle, but firm demeanor, which is why I thought this would be appropriate at work.

Obviously I'm not gonna go slather on some cops - I'm not MAKING the babies - but Swimming with Sharks should be all right, I think. Right? Thoughts?

If it goes well, and doesn't hurt anyone, I might want to get Mother Ship amped with it :x Like I said: herding cats.

I don't know what effect Swimming With Sharks would have on kids, it was created with the corporate world in mind, IIRC. Ail and Dolly would have a better idea what pheros are appropriate to wear around children...I don't use them around my son so I don't know.

Edited by luna65

I think in general it's fine to wear phero's around children, some may actually be helpful. I know some forum members swear by phero's like tranquility, and I think beta-nols as well, for calming unruly kids and teens.

I have always been told that you should avoid phero's the first 6 months or so after having a baby as you want the baby to bond with your natural phero signature, but other than that I don't think there are any "absolute restrictions".

I have heard that some phero users advice against using the sexual phero's around kids, (none & cops etc), but I actually read a study a few weeks back where they had tested androstenone (I think) tolerance in kids age 5 up to early teens. I don't remember the exact details but they let kids sniff t-shirts with -none and the younger ones didn't show any reaction as they couldn't define what they were smelling, but the older ones that did sow a reaction said they didn't like the smell because "it smellt bad". I think the overall conclusion of all the results was that younger children don't react as they haven't been socially conditioned that sweat or BO smells bad. I'll see if I can find the reference & abstract to stick in the phero research section :)

I have heard of one particular phero that may sometime cause adverse reactions in children. One of the ladies here on the forum has a son who experienced a bad reaction to (I believe) androstadienone. I don't want to go into it too much, as I'm not sure of the exact details, or if she wants it discussed "in public" but I'll mention this thread to her incase she wants to add something. :D

My son hasn't reacted "negatively" to any pheros that I have work, except that A-nol in high doses makes him hyper. I can wear A-nol tempered with something else, and he is fine. Beta-nol is GREAT for calming him down, and tranquility potion is great for that, also.....I proved that in a 16 hour car trip with 4 kids, ages 10 to 19.....

I will give my personal experiences and my 2 cents.

When I started using pheromones, my children were 4 and 11.

Because I wasnt confident in the nature of a chemical I wasnt familiar with, I didnt spray them or wear them outright in their presence unless I had put something on for work and came home after 10+ hours and they were much lighter.

I noticed after 10+ hours the kids were fine around them and I gained confidence that these were simply replications of body-chemicals that couldnt hurt.

It seems like common-sense NOW, but I was soon to realize that the idea of them being totally safe is false.

Why?

BECAUSE NO BODY MAKES PHEROMONES IN THE AMOUNT WE ARE APPLYING THEM.

we are applying them in amounts that are hundreds of times (if not thousands) greater than nature.

Little bodies (and bigger bodies as well) dont always handle something that eats-up neurotransmitters so quickly.

You might find a child behaving jittery, irritable,tired,lethargic, hyper,angry,SAD, ect.

My happy-go-lucky child behaved terribly depressed for weeks before we even considered that it might be pheromones.(you can IM me, im not talking just *sad*)

After much discussion with the manufacturers of the mixes, we determined it was probably it was the 'diennone.

Removing it from the household all together removed the behaviour all together.

Im confident that he was reacting to this molecule.

Interestingly enough, my other child had no obvious reaction to it at all.

Pheromones and perfumes can cause a number of reactions, although most are rare.

These include:

watery or dry eyes, double vision, sneezing, nasal congestion, sinusitis, tinnitus, ear pain, dizziness, vertigo, coughing, bronchitis, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, asthma, anaphylaxis, headaches, seizures, fatigue, confusion, disorientation, incoherence, short-term memory loss, inability to concentrate, nausea, lethargy, anxiety, irritability, depression, mood swings, restlessness, rashes, hives, eczema, flushing, muscle and joint pain, muscle weakness, irregular heart beat, hypertension, swollen lymph glands, and more. (Candida Research and Information Foundation, Perfume Survey, Winter 1989-90)

http://www.herc.org/news/perfume/scents.htm

for these reasons above, I find it irresponsible to use pheromones in *high* doses around children,elderly,and in the medical field without some kind of acclimation process or testing where you can wash the stuff off easily.

Remember,I use this stuff too, often, and I ADORE LP.

I just remember my prior experience and dont ever want to see another child go through it.

Just my 2 cents.

I will give my personal experiences and my 2 cents.

When I started using pheromones, my children were 4 and 11.

Because I wasnt confident in the nature of a chemical I wasnt familiar with, I didnt spray them or wear them outright in their presence unless I had put something on for work and came home after 10+ hours and they were much lighter.

I noticed after 10+ hours the kids were fine around them and I gained confidence that these were simply replications of body-chemicals that couldnt hurt.

It seems like common-sense NOW, but I was soon to realize that the idea of them being totally safe is false.

Why?

BECAUSE NO BODY MAKES PHEROMONES IN THE AMOUNT WE ARE APPLYING THEM.

we are applying them in amounts that are hundreds of times (if not thousands) greater than nature.

Little bodies (and bigger bodies as well) dont always handle something that eats-up neurotransmitters so quickly.

You might find a child behaving jittery, irritable,tired,lethargic, hyper,angry,SAD, ect.

My happy-go-lucky child behaved terribly depressed for weeks before we even considered that it might be pheromones.(you can IM me, im not talking just *sad*)

After much discussion with the manufacturers of the mixes, we determined it was probably it was the 'diennone.

Removing it from the household all together removed the behaviour all together.

Im confident that he was reacting to this molecule.

Interestingly enough, my other child had no obvious reaction to it at all.

Pheromones and perfumes can cause a number of reactions, although most are rare.

These include:

watery or dry eyes, double vision, sneezing, nasal congestion, sinusitis, tinnitus, ear pain, dizziness, vertigo, coughing, bronchitis, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, asthma, anaphylaxis, headaches, seizures, fatigue, confusion, disorientation, incoherence, short-term memory loss, inability to concentrate, nausea, lethargy, anxiety, irritability, depression, mood swings, restlessness, rashes, hives, eczema, flushing, muscle and joint pain, muscle weakness, irregular heart beat, hypertension, swollen lymph glands, and more. (Candida Research and Information Foundation, Perfume Survey, Winter 1989-90)

http://www.herc.org/news/perfume/scents.htm

for these reasons above, I find it irresponsible to use pheromones in *high* doses around children,elderly,and in the medical field without some kind of acclimation process or testing where you can wash the stuff off easily.

Remember,I use this stuff too, often, and I ADORE LP.

I just remember my prior experience and dont ever want to see another child go through it.

Just my 2 cents.

I appreciate this post Lor, very helpful. TY! :)

your welcome.

im here and also in IM if anyone wants to talk about their experiences.

I know not everyone shares my view on stuff in general and im not asking them to,

but if a similar situation happens for anyone else,

just know that I am here.

:)

Wooooof! I'll save the pheromones for the part of my shift that I'm not around children! I would NEVER want to do anything to effect them in a negative way - even if it's a small chance of it happening! It would break my heart.

I hear you.

Both the problem AND fabulous possibility lies in dosing with a product-line we are all on the cutting-edge of.

I believe pheromone usage not only has the ability to enhance our lives, but has wonderful medical implications.

I have a pheromone forum that discusses cancer and other health issues being treated successfully with pheromones, although its all new and foreign right now.

With that said,

little developing minds can over-load easily with these doses, but so can a high sugar diet and alot of videogame/TV time.

(EMF is affecting them, our PCs being on 24/7, ect.)

What is safe is relative to the moderation we apply to our habits.

Its all good-

or it can be if we pay attention.

Hi Lor,

I wan't able to IM you but I am very curious about your child's experience. I have 2 kids myself, 5 and 2. If you want you can email me at cirish77 at yahoo. I would really like to talk about this.

Thanks again for all of the helpful people on this forum!

I don't know what effect Swimming With Sharks would have on kids, it was created with the corporate world in mind, IIRC. Ail and Dolly would have a better idea what pheros are appropriate to wear around children...I don't use them around my son so I don't know.

I do want to specify that I was originally planning on just using it around the adults, and then I sort of remembered that the kids would be effected by it as well. It's been a while since I have been at work and I don't want anyone to think I can't handle my job because, really, I need to pay my car note! So income is necessary.

I do want to specify that I was originally planning on just using it around the adults, and then I sort of remembered that the kids would be effected by it as well. It's been a while since I have been at work and I don't want anyone to think I can't handle my job because, really, I need to pay my car note! So income is necessary.

I don't think anyone thought otherwise. :-). We are a pretty supportive environment so no worries. (g)

• 8 years later...

I realize this thread is almost 9 years old, but, the topic came up recently with a friend of mine who has 7 kids ranging from ages 3 to 20. We were discussing behavior triggers. 

Use of  pheromones around kids has not been particularly relevant to me personally, as mine are all adults, and  I (sadly) have no grands. 

I really don’t wear pheromones very often anyway. Copulins, yes (daily,) and when I use pheros they are almost always the sexy time type- for sexy times :) 

DHEAS I also wear, but am not sure these fit the precise criteria for being pheromones (?)

Is there more up to date research on this, other than articles sited here in this thread?