Sugared Neroli

Beccah

AD1-SugNeroli.jpg

Sugared Neroli

* Discover the beauty of true neroli! A trio of neroli essences gently softened and sweetened with drops of white, brown, pink and powdered sugars.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • NEROLI ~ Sensuality, love, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to get this one purely based on Mara's recommendation - and I am SO glad!

In the bottle it's sort of sweet smelling, with a hint of something citrussy.

On my skin, at first it's a fresh breeze of light sweetness and flowery citrus; very innocent, not foody or cloying in the slightest, more the way you'd expect blossoms to smell.

Slowly, the scent morphs a little; the sweetness backs off a little bit more and something slightly darker and serious moves forward; it's not strong or in-your-face, but sort of solid and grounded.

After about half an hour the morphing seems to be done and I'm left with a very balanced, calm sort of scent that reminds me of the feeling you can get in a dark forest on a sunny day; like you're in a calm, cool place, protected somehow.

It's like there is a person with you who is very collected and responsible - it made me feel like it was 'safe' to relax, somehow (guess I'd been a little tense without noticing it!).

The scent is lovely; it will lend itself to layering perfectly of course, all the LPs for instance would work terrific and make it a bit more sensual, but I love it just as it is, too!

:Love09751:

Edited by ssupytalp

• 3 weeks later...

I tried this purely based on Mara's recommendation too and it is great. Nothing like what I thought neroli was , at all. It's golden, honeyed, gushing juicy ripeness, very 3D and humid and lush, big bodied, luxurious, with a strong sensual undercurrent. Reminds me of scented Cougar but a little more in-your-face voluptuous. It's very complete on its own, gives me no impulse to layer with anything.

This smells sophisticated and not too flowery. And I think I'm getting a hint of something citrussy with a calm (almost aloof) yet sensual undercurrent. However, I prefer "simple and girly and very flowery". LOL. So I'm going to put this one up for trade in the Trade Forum. But I can totally see how others would really like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I ever smelled neroli on its own, but I suspected I would love it because it's in a couple fragrances I adore.

This is really lovely. It's citrus like and floral and - of course - sweet. I'm going to need this in a spray - for me, for my linens, for my furniture...I may even spray my dogs HAHAHA! This is powdery, floral and citrus all together. Gorgeous!

I have regular neroli oil from back when I was going to try to mix my own scents pre-LPMP. It was nice enough. The Sugared Neroli is much the same, but made sweeter with the sugar. I get the briefest hint of brown then pink before they meld and settle into something softly feminine. The neroli wears strong on me, and the sugar keeps that in check. Lightly floral and sort of orangish. I like this for spring!

• 1 month later...

I don't think I can adequately describe this but I have been wearing the heck out of it. It smells almost completely different in stages. In the vial it smells powdery, but also has a thick essential oil-like scent with medium floral that is hard to nail down. The first 15 mins it amps to heady citrus floral. Orange-lemon and blooming florals. Then the sweetness comes to the party to soften it all up. The long dry down is beautiful.

This is complex enough to wear by itself for sure, but it has also surprised me by layering really well with LP O. The apricot in LP O makes it juicier and the little bit of patch scent grounds it somehow. So nice!

• 1 year later...

Up until recently, I hadn't thought about Sugared Neroli. I began to get interested due to teh conversation in the LP Valentine thread, then the aromatherapy page I follow on Facebook posted that Neroli relieves anxiety & depression. I decided that I need to at least get a small bottle, after reading that. I'll update after I receive my order.

Up until recently, I hadn't thought about Sugared Neroli. I began to get interested due to teh conversation in the LP Valentine thread, then the aromatherapy page I follow on Facebook posted that Neroli relieves anxiety & depression. I decided that I need to at least get a small bottle, after reading that. I'll update after I receive my order.

Really? lol. IDK if you saw my post on the other thread but I looked thru my stash and found I had indeed ordered a bottle.

I have to admit to a prior Neroli adversion.

Almost all of the Neroli I have tried are so bitter, green & pithy, leaving an acrid smell on my skin.

So it's never really on my interest list.

When Mara said she "made" the Orange Blossom in LP Valentine I was pretty impressed.

Mara's Neroli is delightful. Though I still dream of a sugared orange blossom ;)

I really like this. I smell a delicate orange, very light "tiny pedals" floral, with a hint of green. But, the sugar blend keeps it sweet, adding a little sparkle.

It's a classic perfume scent with lots of layering possibilities. Delightful with LP Valentine.

ETA

FUN FRAGRANCE FACT. Neroli is one of the ingredients in the classic Coke recipe.

Edited by StacyK

Really, in classic Coke, huh?

I'm looking forward to getting mine. I know the Sugared Grapefruit really helped me out of my funk the other day. It's so much simpler to reach for LPs when I need some help via aromatherapy. I still have a ton of therapy grade oils, but the single note LPs are diluted & wearable, straight from the bottle.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I can adequately describe this but I have been wearing the heck out of it. It smells almost completely different in stages. In the vial it smells powdery, but also has a thick essential oil-like scent with medium floral that is hard to nail down. The first 15 mins it amps to heady citrus floral. Orange-lemon and blooming florals. Then the sweetness comes to the party to soften it all up. The long dry down is beautiful.

I git mine today & this is pretty much the way I'd describe it. The neroli almost has a bite to it, I really like it. There's no way I would've thought to pick this up before, but now I don't think my collection would be complete without it!

I git mine today & this is pretty much the way I'd describe it. The neroli almost has a bite to it, I really like it. There's no way I would've thought to pick this up before, but now I don't think my collection would be complete without it!

Real Neroli EO has always had a slight bitter and/or almost medicinal edge to my nose.

But, worse are those cheep oils they call "Neroli" which smell dirty and sour. They must use artificial scent & very little of the EO or none at all.

Mara's addition of the sugars (and excellent choice blend of types btw) really softens and takes the edge of the slightly more bitter or green aspect of the oil. I don't get "Orange Blossom" exactly. But, a balanced, softened Orange Neroli. It has a gauzy, sheerness to it. It layers well and has some sparkle. I love adding it to LP Valentine.

• 1 month later...

Sugared Neroli on me begins slightly herbal. During drydown, this fragrance takes on a citrus tangy note that is brighter. Then I find that the final stage is more powdery. Although this perfume has these stages, I find each and every one to be comforting and soothing. I like the scent, but love the way it makes me feel.

I love imbibing this "neat" but just rolling a generous amount to my wrists and huffing as I go to sleep. I find this very complex and have never combined it with anything. The only other sugared like that I have is sugared red musk, they both are excellent stand-alone for me !

• 3 months later...

This is complex enough to wear by itself for sure, but it has also surprised me by layering really well with LP O. The apricot in LP O makes it juicier and the little bit of patch scent grounds it somehow. So nice!

I enjoy wearing this with LP Original; they're a great combo. It's reminiscent of LP Valentine (which I like).

I really enjoy this Sugared. The orange-y freshness is a great mood-lifter.

It is! I keep one in my purse to lift me up when I'm draggy...also I think I mentioned it somewhere that it is really good with Victoria's Pussycat!

Oooooh I love that scent so I must try them together! :D

Edited by Witty Kitty