Let It Shine w/Topper

AD-LetitShine.jpg.a62a441062e1d25dcd7f55c2d2f4fc35.jpg

Scent: Light and bright, citrus & coconut.

Contains 1,000 mcgs of pheros per ounce.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
COCONUT ~ Potection, purification, receptivity.
LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of “sparkle” to the wearer.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
LINDEN BLOSSOM ~ Strong protective force, attracts love, immortality, luck, restful properties.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SAGE ~ Healing, prosperity, cleansing. Wisdom, longevity, protection, wishes granted.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I like this so much!  I'm still kicking myself for not getting a bottle of Summershine, so I was hoping this would give me similar vibes.  This to me is a take on that classic coconut-citrus trope, the coconut has a weighty kind of vibe and then the citrus is so bright and sparkly.  It has humid and fresh qualities going on at the same time, which is really great for Summer, I think.  And the tanginess of the citrus is a great foil for the creaminess of the coconut.  I think this would be great for layering with other kinds of tropical/summery scents, just spray lavishly and go live your life under the sun.

I love Summershine! This one is currently in the pile for my man to try when he gets home, I bet it makes it’s way back to me!

He might think it's too sweet for him?  Like, not in a bad way, just in a "I wouldn't wear this myself" kind of way.

19 hours ago, luna65 said:

Oooh I like this so much!  I'm still kicking myself for not getting a bottle of Summershine, so I was hoping this would give me similar vibes.  This to me is a take on that classic coconut-citrus trope, the coconut has a weighty kind of vibe and then the citrus is so bright and sparkly.  It has humid and fresh qualities going on at the same time, which is really great for Summer, I think.  And the tanginess of the citrus is a great foil for the creaminess of the coconut.  I think this would be great for layering with other kinds of tropical/summery scents, just spray lavishly and go live your life under the sun.

I am so glad I ordered a FB, especially now after I read your review. Could you now that you tried it compare it to Celebutante?

It is really not anything like Celebutante - at least in my estimation.  The creamy aspect is entirely different.  This is not to say it might not remind you of that scent, and if it does, then all the better for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this! It's so bright and fresh and out of all the samples I got this is the one I reach for the most. It's coconut which I usually hate but the other notes really balance it out. It just makes me smile. I layered it today with darling clementine and am in love. 

• 3 months later...

This is bright and full of sunshine! I bought a spray a while ago and never opened it - totally forgot I had it.  I was sorting through my bottles and organizing today and found/tried it. I get mostly citrus and just a hint of coconut.  This is great to layer with summer scents and the Topper is putting me in a great mood.

• 1 month later...

As @luna65 predicted, my man wasn’t interested in the slightest, just getting around to testing this myself today.

I don’t wear a ton of tropical scents, partially because I’m not a sun-seeker, I run from shadow to shadow on super sunny days. So all tropicals get compared to each other. (I don’t mean fruity florals, that’s an infinite and separate category.) 

Compared to Summershine, on me, there is a bit of citrus but it’s more of a tempting coconut. Both are summer party ready, but I would absolutely add some OCCO Pineapple for myself because I’m a pineapple ho. Let It Shine is a little more cozy than Summershine. 

I wore Carica last night, so to compare, just because they’re both tropicals with coconut, Let It Shine has a lot more throw, so allowing for approachability in groups/at parties. Carica is for when you’re already allowing someone close enough to sniff your skin. Not for groups, endless you’re an exhibitionist.