Odalisque w/Bang, Bang! (2023)

AD-Odalisque-usgsSudan.jpg

Scent: Creamy vanilla, cocoa butter and buttercream, with hints of honey, orange and almond.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

This year’s version has the additional note of almond, and the mandarin is noticeable, much more so than the previous edition.

Unfortunately for me, both of these notes  pretty much disappear after the first 20 minutes or so, and what is remaining does not agree well with my skin chemistry.  It is a shame, because I absolutely adore it for that first little while.  Eventually it becomes piercingly sweet on me. 

I dug out a trial vial of 2021’s release, and they are not identical but very similar.  

I feel left out that I can’t enjoy this, because it is so popular—legendary even among LPMP lovers.  

Don’t go by review to rule it out!  I think I could wear it in a scent locket, and may have to resort to that.

• luna65 changed the title to Odalisque w/Bang, Bang! (2023)
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is my favorite version of Odalisque. Odalesque is my all-time favorite, but it's a variant. This version of Odalisque is very sweet and the Musk isn't overpowering. I wasn't a fan of the last version because of the sandalwood, which I usually like, but for some reason it wasn't what I expected. I ordered this in the virgin version so I could slather. I'm going to enjoy wearing it this summer!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to wait till my sample had a few weeks to calm down before giving a review and all I can say is this is MY FAVORITE rebrew of this blend. The honey is this is very slight which for me is good as honey will overpower a blend on my skin... I was very nervous that this was not going to work on me as I do not like almond and almond and my skin chemistry hate each other, but the almond came and went and the dry down was just pure bliss... I'm so excited that Mara does these rebrews of classics and tweaks them to give all of us a new version and new opportunity to love an old classic.

• 3 months later...

Okay... I got this because it sounded very foodie to me. I did a blind sniff of the trials that I received and I was not able to pick this out. I had several similar foodie/fruity trials and became very confused lol. What I thought was Odalisque w/ Bang, Bang! (2023) ended up being Flan de Coco

After over a week since receiving this (Day 10), I tried it on my arm again and on a paper towel. What I initially wrote in my notes from days ago still holds true: Orange Biscoff Cookies. 🍊

I don't know how, but this is yet another one that I could taste in the back of my throat. When I sniff this, it really reminds me of those speculoos cookies that I rarely even eat. It's like I could almost taste the crumbs! Yes, specifically the crumbs! It might be the almond note that's giving me the crumbs impression. This scent overall comes across as very similar to the caramelization in those cookies but with an added orange tang. 🍊 I asked Mr. Onyx to remember those cookies and to sniff the paper towel. He said, "It's close, but this (the scent on the paper towel) has something else." 

While my foodie nose is satisfied, I realized that I do not want to smell like orange biscoff cookies. 😅 They're not the usual cookies I gravitate towards. I think if they were more along the lines of Danish Butter Cookies, I might slather that. But then again, I might not want that either lol. 

• 5 months later...

This is an intersection between Odalesque 2021 and Alabaster Queen.  The accent notes are really prominent in the whole, which I think is delightful but it doesn't smell like any of the Odalisque versions.  Totally yummy!  It even makes me think of Darling Clementine a bit as well because that orange really hangs on.

This is less sweet and less creamy compared to Odalesse, with more almond. Such a pity I missed out on getting a FB of Odalesse when it was in stock!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the virgin version, so the version with the phero might be a little different due to cops. 

The combo of the cocoa butter and almond comes out as almost coconutty on me (a good thing, since I love a good coconut cream scent).  This one actually reminds me a bit of Pie in the Sky. Sweet and syrupy, with creamy undertones. It feels very "round" and "true" and the citrus doesn't come out on me at all - but this was on my wrist, so I'll try it on my chest later and it might be more layered.