Vessel

luna65

AD-Vessel2.jpg

Scent: Warm & bready scent that smells like oatmeal cookies fresh from the oven!

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, is vitalizing.
OATMEAL ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

Vessel is super yummy! It’s starts off as fresh baked bread on the skin and morphs into a yummy combination of oats and nuts. It reminds me of candied pecans. It’s not overly sweet but very nutty. 

I’ll post my initial review I posted on the new release thread and then add to it since it’s been a couple days and I’ve worn it much more!

I just got mine and tore into Vessel immediately! Instantly I get the fresh bread that I was so hoping for! It’s so yummy! I’m getting the pralines now too, it’s only been about 8 minutes, and they smell sweet. This reminds me of a nutty bread my grandma used to make, I have no idea the ingredients since she never wrote it down, just made it from memory, but it was one of my favorite treats as a kid. I am loving the bread note so much, I hope it lingers through the dry down.🥰

So the bread does last through the dry down but it also gets nuttier. It’s not quite fresh baked after about 2 hours but it is still very much bread, on me at least. I’ve always daydreamed of walking into a room smelling like fresh bread because it just makes everyone happy, and drooly🤤, but I feel like this is laying close to my skin. I’ve absolutely slathered my sample on every unclothed surface today and nobody seemed impressed when I entered at all, rude.😂 But when I sat down the people on either side kind of scooted closer and I knew I got ‘em…one finally asked if I work in a bakery. Vessel is delicious.

23 minutes ago, Amanda said:

I’ve absolutely slathered my sample on every unclothed surface today and nobody seemed impressed when I entered at all, rude.😂 But when I sat down the people on either side kind of scooted closer and I knew I got ‘em…one finally asked if I work in a bakery. Vessel is delicious.

I really enjoyed this part. You got ‘em! Vessel sounds so yummy! 

I ordered this in a spray so I can intentionally overdo it with this! 
I have a couple other scents with maple and usually I amp that like crazy, but I’m really not getting much in this at all. I think it’s what’s giving the pecans the light sweetness but it’s not overpowering syrup like it normally would be on me. It’s funny because every time I wear Darling Clementine my mom says “oh you’re wearing your syrup perfume” I guess I can see that since, on me, it is a very thick kind of sweetness smell. I asked her if she smelled syrup with this and she said no, asked if she smelled oatmeal cookies and she said “no you smell like toast…can I have this one?”😂

On 10/18/2023 at 6:02 PM, Amanda said:

I’ve always daydreamed of walking into a room smelling like fresh bread because it just makes everyone happy, and drooly🤤, but I feel like this is laying close to my skin. I’ve absolutely slathered my sample on every unclothed surface today and nobody seemed impressed when I entered at all, rude.😂 But when I sat down the people on either side kind of scooted closer and I knew I got ‘em…one finally asked if I work in a bakery. Vessel is delicious.

What a great experience, @Amanda! How did you answer when they asked if you work in a bakery? 🍞

The relationship between you and your mother sounds very wholesome, by the way. 🥰

This was my first impression of Vessel on Day 0:

On 10/16/2023 at 3:56 PM, Onyx said:

Vessel: Initially got a powdery burnt smell. I thought it was Reliquary because of that, but I didn't smell the apple. Then I realized I think I might be getting the powdery impression from the pralines! I was able to identify this as Vessel! Going back to this on dry down, I don't get the burnt smell anymore. It's like a sweet mix with the praline being the frontmost accord to me. Another very interesting one. It's like the initial scent was something coming out of the oven and it becomes sweeter as it cools down.

This was a Day 0 standout for me and having this for 11 days now, it still is. This smells yummy and sweet even from the bottle. On my skin, I'm no longer getting that powdery burnt smell, but it's still very praline-forward for me. I got the scent of bread that others are smelling when I was testing it a few days ago, but it was just for a very brief moment and only on my fingertips that I used to open the trial vial. The main scent on my skin still smelled like praline filling. If you get a hankering for eating something like this, try Ritter Sport Nugat (Praline). 🥜🍫

I just put this on again now and it's still very praline, but interestingly, I'm getting that bready scent now as it dries down. I quite like it! I already liked the praline filling scent by itself, but the bready whiffs I get are very comforting. I've enjoyed the whiffs of this that I've gotten as I've washed my hands throughout the afternoon. 🌬️🍞🍞🍞

I asked Mr. Onyx to take a sniff just now and he said, "Smells like toasted marshmallow. Oh wait... *sniffs again* toasted marshmallow with... maple syrup." I have to give him a point for detecting that maple note and getting that toasted impression. He goes into these sniffs without any context and usually just gets a body part lifted to his nose for a sniff. 😆😝

I'm considering whether to get a full bottle of this. It is a truly delicious foodie scent which I normally would be very interested in. This is a major contender for the Flagship Foodie Fragrance of 'Weenies 2023. However, I already have Flan de Coco which I like very much. I've tried having both of them on at the same time, one on each arm, and I get more throw and longevity from Flan de Coco. I prefer its scent too. This is a different type of gourmand though, so getting this would be a variation, but I still find the label quite unsettling. 🙈

I don’t get maple from this, that’s amazing that your husband picked it out though! 10 points for Gryffindor😂 actually my house is Hufflepuff, but I digress😂

I wore this to a party at my sisters today, I sprayed it everywhere! I asked her what she thinks and she said “ooh you smell like grammas bread” I said “exactly!!” Well, I shrieked it really. 

Just now, Amanda said:

I don’t get maple from this, that’s amazing that your husband picked it out though! 10 points for Gryffindor😂 actually my house is Hufflepuff, but I digress😂

I wore this to a party at my sisters today, I sprayed it everywhere! I asked her what she thinks and she said “ooh you smell like grammas bread” I said “exactly!!” Well, I shrieked it really. 

@Onyx

I am really loving Vessel. Initially, I get a bready, sweet buttery impression. As it melds with my skin it becomes a buttery maple vanilla - no nuttiness or breadiness to be found. It is like a maple vanilla syrup. I am not incredibly fond of cakey or bready scents, as they seem to smell a bit "off" on my skin. This is really amazing though! I think it's the most sweet, buttery LPMP perfume I've ever worn.

20 hours ago, Amanda said:

@Onyx

Mr. Onyx does pick up the most interesting notes that to my nose are blended really well! I can very much see you as Hufflepuff! 💛🖤 I'm actually not certain of his house... perhaps Ravenclaw or Gryffindor! I don't really know mine, I can be any of them depending on my mood. I digress too! 😆

It is wonderful that your sister connected it with your Grandmother! I would be so excited and might shriek too! I'm really starting to like this one even more. I went to bed wearing this and Poe de Crème to compare and see which one I might get a full bottle of later. Is it possible to get a version of this without a label? It's very unnerving! 🫣

@Kayla it's interesting to see you say that it's the sweetest, buttery LPMP perfume you have worn! I feel you have quite a lot in your inventory! 

1 hour ago, Onyx said:

💛

@Kayla it's interesting to see you say that it's the sweetest, buttery LPMP perfume you have worn! I feel you have quite a lot in your inventory. 

I think it's because most of the sweet ones that are described as buttery end up more vanilla or coconut forward on my skin. This is the only perfume I can think of that I would describe as being really buttery on me. I gravitate toward sweet and foody scents and have tons of them. I almost skipped getting Vessel because the label freaked me out a bit, but I was so curious what it would smell like. I  will probably grab another bottle at some point if it keeps smelling this delicious!

1 hour ago, Kayla said:

I think it's because most of the sweet ones that are described as buttery end up more vanilla or coconut forward on my skin. This is the only perfume I can think of that I would describe as being really buttery on me. I gravitate toward sweet and foody scents and have tons of them. I almost skipped getting Vessel because the label freaked me out a bit, but I was so curious what it would smell like. I  will probably grab another bottle at some point if it keeps smelling this delicious!

I also gravitate towards sweet and foodie scents! I do like the cakey ones too though, so perhaps that's one of our differences. I will more carefully consider your reviews from now on since it might help inform me for foodie scents I will consider in the future. 

The label truly is unnerving! I was hoping I would not like this! They did a great job considering the Halloween theme, but I noticed it's somewhat different from the others in terms of art style. I wonder why. 

On me, Vessel is mostly sweet, creamy pralines. I’m not really picking up on oatmeal cookies or much of a bread scent. When I first put it on it kinda reminded me of Material Squirrel, but when I directly compared them, they are actually quite different. Must just be the nutty-ness getting me. Anyway, I like it and it seems to make people around me happy.

Yeah, the label really hits the Valley of the Uncanny perfectly.

Same, @RosesArePink! I mostly get praline from this. On me, it's more buttery praline

We were on a road trip a few days ago and I was in the back seat. I decided to refresh Vessel on my arm and did a few swipes. Mr. Onyx stopped the car music and asked me, "Something smells like butterscotch! Is it one of your perfumes? Are you eating something?" He would not put the music back on until I answered. 😆 I refreshed it again later and he said, "That smells like vanilla." Points, points, points to Mr. Onyx!

If you really like foodie scents and you are reading this, please do yourself a favour and at least grab a trial. I was not into this at first but it quickly grew on me. I think I might actually like this more than Flan de Coco now. I only have a few drops left of my trial because I've spilt this twice while trying to apply it in the dark when I was going to bed. I'm debating whether to get more than one full bottle of this. 

3 hours ago, Onyx said:

I'm debating whether to get more than one full bottle of this. 

I was debating also but my (lack of) bank account put an end to that real quick.🤦🏼‍♀️

I love that your husband is so adept at identifying scents! If someone tells me what the notes are, I can say “oh yeah, I do smell that!” Otherwise it’s just an ooh that’s sweet or spicy or even more generic “that’s nice!”😂

Same here! Having a budget does make me pickier about which ones I get a full bottle of! I appreciate several scents but only get full bottles of the ones I really, really like or the ones that I just cannot get trials of and whose descriptions/reviews stick out to me. 

Lol! Mr. Onyx does have his moments. I think he does very well picking out notes that he's familiar with, but if it's something he's not used to smelling, he comes up with either spiced fruit, chamomile, or something floral! 😆 Please don't discount yourself @Amanda! Even if you think you're not getting the notes, I've already purchased at least two blends here because of you! Going back to the above comment that I am quite particular about the full bottles I get unless I cannot get trials and the descriptions/reviews stick out to me, your Beach Sol was an unsniffed full bottle for me that I ended up liking very much! 🌞🏖️❣️

On 11/7/2023 at 12:02 AM, Amanda said:

I was debating also but my (lack of) bank account put an end to that real quick.🤦🏼‍♀️

Yeah, I’m in the same boat too. I did get one bottle of Vessel and a few others, but I need to be more picky and careful. Pesky lack of money. 💸 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:44 PM, Onyx said:

Mr. Onyx stopped the car music and asked me, "Something smells like butterscotch! Is it one of your perfumes? Are you eating something?" He would not put the music back on until I answered.

:smiley-laughing024:   That pretty funny! 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this does not have much sillage, but it's been twice now that Mr. Onyx has commented on this without having to sniff close to my skin. 

A moving car is more enclosed so fragrances are more potent in there, but a few days ago, I swiped some of this (along with Reliquary) on my arm while sitting in the living room. He came in from one of the rooms, stood in the kitchen across from me (we have an open floor plan) and said, "Smells like a maple-glazed, brown sugar, baked good." 🍁🍞🥐🥖 I was surprised he could smell it from that distance!

I am still not getting as much baked good scent from this, but it smells good, and I am really liking this one more and more. 🥰💕

@Amanda and @RosesArePink, I don't know if I will keep to just one full bottle of this! 😅

On 11/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, Amanda said:

@Onyx I decided to get 2 more, I just couldn’t resist…I didn’t even try to resist actually. Arachne and Grimrose (the dolls) looked right into my soul and I was powerless to their delicious persuasion.😂

Wow, thank you so much, @Amanda! 🙏🏻 I was honestly very unsettled by the label image, but your naming of them just made me warm up to them! Similar to @RosesArePink, I also wondered about the names and did some research to see if that's a reference to something! 😆 Is Grimrose the one with crumbs? 

On 11/25/2023 at 3:05 PM, RosesArePink said:

@Onyx  That Mr. Onyx has a good nose! 🤣

I'm grateful he seems to be favourable to this scent! 😆🧡 Similar to Amanda, I just put in an order for two more bottles! I initially didn't think I'd be interested in a spray of this because I've been mostly swiping this while in the dark as one of my sleepytime scents. 🛌🏻💤 Now I'm also thinking similarly to you that having a spray might be nice! 

17 hours ago, Onyx said:

Wow, thank you so much, @Amanda! 🙏🏻 I was honestly very unsettled by the label image, but your naming of them just made me warm up to them!

Oh good! ☺️ I name everything, my refrigerator, my vacuum, my car (she’s a Jetta so her name is Joan) My daughter says there’s an actual term for that, never remember what it is, but I just think it’s fun. 
The spray is great @RosesArePink! The oil doesn’t diffuse as much as I’d like it to so the spray really gets it out there, which I love! I don’t want people to smell me coming from a mile away but I do love it when they’re drawn in to my bubble. I went to see a friend play in a band last weekend and was introduced to a couple new people, and at the end of the show one of the guys looked really excited as he came back over and said “something smelled so good earlier and once I realized it was you I had to come find you one more time before you left!” And instead of a handshake like earlier, he gave me a big hug, it was so nice. 

Wow, that was an amazing experience @Amanda! That was brave of him to say something about how you smelled so good! 

Is it anthropomorphization?  I think I have a similar tendency but for select things. That's so adorable that you named so many items! I like Joan the Jetta. 😎🚗 Also, I'm surprised you have a daughter that's old enough to know that! For some reason, you gave me much younger vibes! 😆

I love that @Onyx! I definitely don’t feel like I’m 43. My daughter is much better at being an adult than I am.

I hope you love your Vessel spray! The oil is a much more intimate close to you scent and the spray gets out there and makes friends! I’m glad I have both options.

I'm excited! I mostly would like to spray it on my hair. I honestly did not expect this to be one of my favourite 'Weenies 2023 releases! 

I would like to thank you again @Amanda for sharing the names you gave the dolls. I was quite unsettled by them but now feel comfortable getting bottles with their pictures! It reminds me of this practice that helps if you have a certain fear or uncertainty. If you identify it, name it, write it down, or share it with someone, it somehow loses power over you rather than if you keep it bottled up. 🍶🍾

I just got my package and this is so good I’m glad I got two bottles. Lmao 

I was expecting it to be more like mother goddess but it’s very sheer probably from travel shock. It almost smells like pan Dulce now. 

I imagine a spray would be amazing too and I kind of want to order one.

I’ll update later after it’s had some time to settle. 

• 1 month later...

Yummy baked goods, one of the best LPMP subgenres, amirite?!

I guess this smells like oatmeal cookies?  I don't know if it's that specific for me, but that bakery warmth and sugar & spice is right on the money.

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY got to try this! It’s more yummy than I expected and smells just like fresh baked oatmeal cookies. I’ll see how the dry down is.

Update: The full experience doesn’t last long and I’m starting to notice just the milkiness more now on drydown but it was fun while it lasted. I guess it’s a reapplier throughout the day. Take it with you if you want to wear it out and about.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 2 months later...

I like this much more than a Crème Cake of Autumn 2023, which smelled more like a buttery batter to me. Vessel smells as a finished baked product e.g. a freshly baked cake to me.

I got 3 bottles of this as it’s so good for lifting the mood in winter