Thanks - Got Samples and Now Have 2 Questions...

I want to say thank you to Mara and John. I received my products and the samples and everything is so appealing. I also want to thank you for the nice e-card. I am resisting the urge buy, but I have a budget.

I am not a huge fragrance person, but I must say that these are really nice. I was expecting "fruity bath and BW" lotion set type of smell, but even the "fun" fragrances have a bit of sophistication to them.

All of the Christmas scents Gothic Xmas, Santas Little Helper, and Enchanted Wonderland all smell nice. I can smell the mint, but its different/better than what I expected. I can see why everyone here is such a fanatic for the products.

1. So are these fragrances designed for layering with unscented pheros? I am sure that you can wear them on their own...

Now for the pheros... I really like their fragrances too. The Happy Water and the Odalisque w Blatant Invitation - wow. I think the Odalisque with the Blatant Invitation is my favorite fragrance. I like the OCCO SLF too, but it smells more powdery to me. The Balls w Sexpionage is nice too, but kind of difficult for me to place. It's different, but not in a bad way.

2. Since these pheros are so fragranced - can they be layered or combined with other products? For example one, drop of BallswSexpionage plus a drop of Happy Water? Or not a good idea?

I will say that my mom loves the smell of the Blatant Invitation and the Happy Water too. But I am really drawn to the BI.

IMO it's not a great idea to combine pheromone blends. They are finely calibrated to evoke certain effects. If you add another blend in you are screwing with the ratios of the pheromones contained in that first blend. You may even cancel ingredients out. Now there are exceptions...I will add cops to just about anything or Topper if you want to bring the vibe "Up". Or if you are into single molecules you might add extra anol to Lace for instance to make it more bubbly. But even then you are tinkering with ratios. Also before you go combining things you want to wear a pheromone/blend many times on it's own so that you learn it and know what it's all about. The fragrances can obviously be worn with UN pheros or on their own or combined with other fragrances. There are a whole world of possiblities with a catalog as big as LP's. But I strongly urge you to get to know what you've got singularly first. I think Happy Water with Blatant Invitation kind of ruins the whole sexy vibe BI has going for it. It makes it sillier. So maybe if you are wanting a heavy hitting sexual product that is silly...Congruence becomes a problem, see?

1. So are these fragrances designed for layering with unscented pheros? I am sure that you can wear them on their own...

Mara is actually an artisan perfumer first and foremost, the scents she creates are the focus of her line. She didn't get into the pheromone side of things until many years after she founded LPMP. So while the fragrances can be combined with her various pheromone blends, most of them are created simply because that's her vocation and her passion.

I will say that my mom loves the smell of the Blatant Invitation and the Happy Water too. But I am really drawn to the BI.

I'm sure you probably know this but just to clarify-- this is not the smell of BI. This is a fragrance with a bit of BI in it. The real smell of Blatant Invitation if you were to get a bottle of it alone would put hair on your chest! :blink:

2. Since these pheros are so fragranced - can they be layered or combined with other products? For example one, drop of BallswSexpionage plus a drop of Happy Water? Or not a good idea?

Lots of us layer different pheromone enhanced scents together all the time, but I don't see that as being a very good scent combo :/

Not much I can add to the good advice given,especailly Halo's,and the comment on BI a perfect...yes many of us with experience mix some pheros,but finding out what they do on their own first is a far better way to go,IMO :)

1. Wear what you feel comfortable with, besides you might not like all the fragrances that come with scented and not all pheros are scented 24/7/365. I'm sensitive to some, like Goddess of the Blue Moon, but I've still been happy with La Femme Mystere unscented without it layered with different fragrance blends, whether or not they're made by LP (I think LP: Black goes great with the La Femme line, however). Also layering of scented pheros isn't always compatible with each other. Personally I don't think Happy Water is a good thing to combine with something like most scented BI, especially Odalisque, if layering the pheros still works out for you albeit somewhat differently I'd use an unscented version of either A-Nol or BI.

2. I have to disagree with Halo here, layering phero blends isn't bad, but you need a good idea of what they're for, read the reviews, get a feel for each one before you do so (though after a point you might start experimenting before trying them individually, lot of it having to do with being that you're familiar how your body and other tends to respond to what phero ingredients). LACE or Cuddle Bunny (emphasis on or) + Dominance or LFM isn't a bad idea, combining something like Dominance or Leather with LFM or Treasured Hearts or Heart & Soul, not so much. Read the reviews and forums to be prepared, especially the advice threads.

It's like spending hours baking the perfect souffle and hours seasoning your famous chili. Both good individually but do they work well together? Not usually. Sometimes you'll find some combo that works together, but for a new user, it's not a good idea.

It's like spending hours baking the perfect souffle and hours seasoning your famous chili. Both good individually but do they work well together? Not usually. Sometimes you'll find some combo that works together, but for a new user, it's not a good idea.

I'm in agreement with Halo & Calii, or to quote PM (loosely); "don't salt the dish before you taste it, baby!" What I meant by my statement that I see no issues with layering different phero enhanced scents. I say that because I know when you're new, you're going to do what you want regardless. I think you're much better off experimenting with phero enhanced scents as they are at a lower concentration & you have the scent as an indicator of how much you're applying. Still, it is always best to get a firm grasp how each pheromone & pheromone blend work for you before just go layering willy-nilly. I consider that I have a firm grasp of the blends & molecules here & recently had a bad experience layering Far, Far Away(audacious) & Strange Attractors (topper) together. They smelled fine, but does anyone else enjoy the feeling of sheer terror? No, neither did I. Even as a vet I would never have predicted THAT reaction & as a newbie, I probably wouldn't have been ale to ascertain what went wrong with the combo because I wouldn;t have had enough experience with either blend on its own.

recently had a bad experience layering Far, Far Away(audacious) & Strange Attractors (topper) together. They smelled fine, but does anyone else enjoy the feeling of sheer terror? No, neither did I. Even as a vet I would never have predicted THAT reaction & as a newbie, I probably wouldn't have been ale to ascertain what went wrong with the combo because I wouldn;t have had enough experience with either blend on its own.

I haven't tried Topper before, but that doesn't really surprise me, given how I react to Audacious, adding Topper sounds like overkill due to what is in it. Audascious is one of those phero blends I'd only wear by itself, with the exception of a cop'd scented blend.

Personally I'd also be careful about blends like Lumina and SWS, due to the lack of ingredients listings.

I haven't tried Topper before, but that doesn't really surprise me, given how I react to Audacious, adding Topper sounds like overkill due to what is in it. Audascious is one of those phero blends I'd only wear by itself, with the exception of a cop'd scented blend.

Personally I'd also be careful about blends like Lumina and SWS, due to the lack of ingredients listings.

I don't get ANY reaction from Audacious, using a Topper enhanced scent was an attempt to force it. So this may be a lesson on trying to "force the magic to happen." Topper is designed to complement other blends & I see no issue in adding to something you already like & use regularly. I do get great results from Topper & other blends I have had proven results with. Now, SWS has safely been in use by the LP community for, what, about 5 years now? That is actually one of the blends that I haven't really read any negative reports about. I do like Lumina, I just haven't found myself reaching for it much because the scent I have it in goes funky on my skin. As to whether or not there is an ingredient list posted; with this company I feel confidant using the products anyway because LP has 4 years of great customer service history with me. I think if one were concerned about an ingredient & were to inquire of the LP crew via telephone or email whether a blend contains it, LP would be kind enough to oblige. The reason that a company would withhold an ingredient list isn't necessarily nefarious, it's more because there is fierce competition in the pheromone retail sector & it lacks legal formula protections, in the same way the perfume industry does. Now, I would question a company that even refused to allay your concerns via a private conversation.

Edited by Beccah

I don't mean to imply SWS or Lumina are dangerous or anything, it's just that the lack of lists, at least for me, gives me reason to be more cautious if I was tempted to layer with an additional phero blend. Some phero's, after all, can cancel each other out, and so on.

Edited by Queen of Swords

I don't mean to imply SWS or Lumina are dangerous or anything, it's just that the lack of lists, at least for me, gives me reason to be more cautious if I was tempted to layer with an additional phero blend.

Gotcha. Just ask if you want to know sweety. Love Potion's CS is really excellent.

I don't get any reaction from Audacious unless I wear like 10 sprays.

The blends that are proprietary are Stone Cougar, Tranquility Potion and Focus Potion. That is a condition of the lab that created them. Lumina's fornula has been listed on the forum, last year I think. SWS is not listed, and I talked to Mara about that. I am sure she would tell you if you asked.

I can't get behind telling newbies to combine random shit. I like empirical testing which is hard enough to do with pheromones considering you have to gauge reactons from people that you may or may not know, that you may or may not be able to duplicate and so on.

If you are going to add Cuddle Bunny to Dominance...why not just use Leather and a splash of cops? Leather has been formulated to have the right ratios.

1. I'm trying not to imply that newbies can or should do whatever they want, I apologize if I am giving anyone that impression.

2. You don't know me, and there is a LOT I don't talk about regarding my experiences with phero experimentation. I have my reasons for experimentation and layering, and it would be nice if you refrain from being presumptuous in regards to what I am doing, much less looking for when it comes to results. We all have different biochemistries, our experiences will not be a hundred percent the same.

I was not trying to be presumptious. I was trying to be helpful. Based on my years of experience. My apologies if you were offended. Just do me a favor though and don't discount the advice of people who have been doing this for years.Or at least don't advise newcomers to. I have tested single molecules, blends, molecules not even on the market yet for appx 10 different companies. I kinda know what I am talking about.

And so does Beccah, and ladyV, and calii and BB and the others who have basically said the same thing.

Edited by halo0073

Honeycake, I apologize for the turn this thread has taken. My only intention was to answer your questions. Honestly this kind of disagreement NEVER happens at LP. We are a happy go lucky lot that generally value differing opinions.

I understand the desire to be helpful, but there's a fine line between caution and paranoia. And yeah, I agree that it's best for newbies to try one thing at a time at first and read the forums, reviews, try in the singular first, and etc. My views are more complicated than I believe I'm capable of presenting here or should though, which I think belongs in a separate thread I might eventually post, but I need a fair amount of time before doing so (which has nothing to do with this little disagreement, however).

I'm not trying to discount all the advice either, though I don't think any singular blend is ever going to be a hundred percent perfect for everyone, my attitude is similar to my views about perfume.

Ok well I guess that's a no! LOL :lol2: Or a not yet...? :thumbup:

The only reason I asked because some of the other pheros I have (from different companies) can be combined and the combining seems to enhance the effects. It seems that these products (LPMP) are much more complex I suppose - so I guess I will have to try all the samples (I bought some more samples a few minutes ago) to narrow things down to a few specific ones.

I was just using the BI and Happy Water as an example for the sake of clarity.

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate you guys for taking the time to answer. I can see that people feel very passionately :jumpforjoy: about this..

Edited by Honeycake