Glace au Cafe - Summer 2017 Collection

Beccah

AD-GlaceAuCafe.jpg

ORDER HERE: https://www.etsy.com/listing/534917687/glace-au-cafe-summer-2017-collection

Glace au Café

Très délicieux, ooh la la! Imagine a sidewalk cafe whose signature pick-me-up is a chilly concoction which will cool you down and perk your tastebuds up with a sweet reviving scoop, but be careful...you might get a hungry lick. Six types of coffee oil and black vanilla are made ice-creamy with cake-like vanilla and dairy accords plus an chilly hint of peppermint...ahhh rafraîchissant!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scent: Sweet and creamy coffee ice cream.

Perfumes by Mara

Scribings by Luna

Labels by Jennifer & Mara

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee ice cream? Do you mean my favorite thing in the world (besides Trevor)? :wub:

I'm totally on board with this concept! :D

I love the way this smells in the vial, like, I would actually eat this (please no one actually eat this) it is so yummy. On my skin it's way more coffee-like, like fresh-brewed coffee with a bit of cream. And I like that too, but I hope with aging this becomes more ice-creamy on me. I don't really get the mint, but it's only meant to give it a "cold" vibe anyway.

I had the same exact experience with this one. In the vial, I smelled the most delicious coffee ice cream yumminess. When I wore it, it was mostly coffee with some cream that hung right on the edge of a bitterness that I wasn't too sure about. It softened after awhile though and still smelled very good. I couldn't detect the mint but I can see now (after reading Luna's review) that it was making it colder and I did get that. I just didn't connect it at the time. I am also hoping that with age this becomes more like it smells in the vial. (I'm guessing that it will!)

In the vile there's a creaminess that I'm not getting on the skin. It's a delicious dark, rich coffee with a hint of mint. I wasn't sure I'd go for mint and coffee, but I do so love the coffees at LP. It is NOT mint coffee, which is great! I'm not getting the creamy coffee in the vial, but the fragrance I AM getting is pure wonderful. FB unsniffed has been justified :D

ETA: It's a couple/few hours later and I get this awesome something wafting in the air - and it's ME. The creamy deliciousness in the vial is in full swing and this is a sugar, vanilla, buttery cream delight....Oh. My. Yum!!!

Edited by NuTrix

I LOVE the exceptional bitterness of the coffee in this. Anyone who likes 80%+ cacao chocolate MUST try this. It definitely isn't a cozy curl up by the fire winter type hot coffee drink ... more than anything it makes me think of espresso granita. ETA I just noticed this has mint - on me it didn't show up as itself, but must have been contributing to the chilly vibe. Will enjoy looking for it next time!

Edited by tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

Why are more people NOT raving about this one? :lol: Particularly my coffee lovers out there?

Oh Heavens! The first punch of strong bitter coffee followed by a luxurious dry down of sweetened, creamy goodness! There is a place in a town near by me that sell an Espresso milkshake - made with a double shot of espresso! It takes FOREVER to make because they make the espresso for each one as it's ordered, but it is SOOOOOO worth the wait! THIS reminds me of that.

Roll in it like catnip! :Love09751::bday1029::kiss43::girlHeart-5: :abfx: :in-love:

ETA: Forgot to mention...Now that the bottle has sat for a while after shipping, it is just as creamy and delicious first on as it is in the bottle. Those who have it MUST re-test for creamy goodness and report back so I know it's not just me! :D

Edited by NuTrix

• 5 weeks later...

Upon application of Glace au Cafe and hello coffee! Upon drydown is when the scolding strong coffee becomes a creamy latte. I enjoy that hint of peppermint, it just adds something special to this coffee scent

• 8 months later...

I tried this yesterday.  This is my first trial of a coffee scent - and I love it.  It is beautiful and creamy in the vial.  Upon application it is dark and seductive with a little bitter bite.  I smelled yummy.  The scent dries down into a rich creaminess.  This is beautiful ...

• 2 months later...

I really loved this one! I kept smelling coffee and sweet pastries, and had me craving them the whole time I was wearing it. Even my mister, who is not a fan of coffee (sacrilege, I know), thought this smelled delectable on me. Like others have mentioned, the coffee scent comes out more on the skin, but I think it also had this lovely hint of decadent sweet pastries, like I mentioned. Very nice!

• 4 months later...

This one is so fantastic! It was a full bottle right away for me. This is a dark, rich, coffee scent, with just the barest hint of sweetness. It's an indulgent bitterness that is somehow refreshing at the same time. The peppermint isn't loud enough to pick out, but gives this a bit of tingle that is reminiscent of winter. As it dries down, it becomes a little more creamy but still retains the gorgeous bitterness. I know I keep saying bitter, but it wears really easily. It's the bitterness of sticking your face in a bag of freshly ground coffee beans. Robust and rich. In addition to smelling great on its own, I think this would be good to layer under any scents that may seem too sweet on their own, to balance them out and cut the sweetness. 

Just tried this one out today. I am NOT a coffee drinker, but this smell is just so inviting. There is a creaminess that balances out the coffee scent and a sweetness that just makes you want to keep smelling yourself. I do notice that the scent doesn't linger around very long on me. Maybe I just need to use a little more. I only have a sample size but think I am going to have to buy some. 

• 4 months later...

My gut tells me this scent is what i need in the coming fall season. 

Spray myself with this plus a touch of Cop, and go to Starbucks for people watching.

Edited by Naughtysophie

• 3 months later...

This starts out as a really strong coffee, almost bitter on me. After about an hour or so, it starts to get creamier and I can smell the vanilla and just a touch of peppermint. I am not a coffee drinker, but sure like how it smells on my skin. 

YES I loooooove this one! I can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. I'm a coffee maniac as it is no matter the medium, but in ice cream/affogato form I'M A MONSTER. This is so delicious, and despite the caffeinated connotations, one of the ones I (and my man) love to wear to bed.