Dari's Rocket Powder

Beccah

AD-PE-DariRocket.jpg

Dari's Rocket Powder

A summer take on the creamy spicy dream...creamed vanillas and coconuts, with a splash of boozy vanilla bean and caramelized sugar, teamed with tart pineapple and sweet mango butter , a dollop of sensual sandalwood in the base, and a sprinkling of chai spices on top.

It's all a mad plot, no notes for you! Mara and I conspired because if you knew the notes, you'd buy it, and it's all for me!!! Mwah ha ha ha!        

:HAHA:

27 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

It's all a mad plot, no notes for you! Mara and I conspired because if you knew the notes, you'd buy it, and it's all for me!!! Mwah ha ha ha!        

:HAHA:

???

37 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

LOL, I have actually done that - there's at least 2-3 PEs I commissioned that no one else got to try because i wanted it all for myself.

4 hours ago, Potion Master said:

Sorry, I left Dari's notes at the shop and had to retrieve them! D'oh!

Wait, it wasn't just our little secret?

On 7/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, StacyK said:

Can't wait to try them both. 

Omg, Stacy they are both so good! I haven't been able to really do review since I can't do just one! Tonight I'm in just Dari Gold, it's just perfect. My man pulled out a little sniffle of Sugared Gingerbread I gave him/he stole from me eons ago, he says the butter thickness is similiar. They're both so perfect and amazing in their own way.

i have to tell, my man is playing in his scent box right now, since he felt compelled to pull out the sugared Gingerbread. I just made him wash off a sample, he's got Tonka tobaccum and Teachers Pest samples out and he put on something I didn't like? Um, no. I smell way too good to put up with "let me just use this sample up" tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I really love this Rocket Powder. I had mine spiked with LFM so it's the best of all worlds. I wish I spoke perfume more eloquently, I can't describe it any better than the description above. I'm a little concerned that I've barely had it two weeks and I've used 1/6th of it already? During the Sale month, especially, when I've been wearing all kinds of trials and sniffles I wouldn't normally grab. And I have possibly 200 other perfumes? I have applied lavishly, my crazy nose BF says he can smell it still in the bedroom from when I put it on hours ago. For what it's worth, he says that the pineapple in this smells more like the scent that comes off of frozen pineapple, rather than fresh pineapple. I think the pineapple, being more of a background player, comes out a bit more in the long run, not too sweet or tart, just perfect.

I don't know, but if I wasn't currently sugar free I'd run right out and buy some because Dole Whip seems like something I need.

11 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Omg I looooooove frozen pineapple smell! Is it like Dole Whip???

And I can't say that I think it smells more like frozen than fresh, that was my man, Mr. Nose.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy moly this is GOOD!  Creamy pineapple, just a hint of spice, drying down to a great vanilla.  Not getting sandalwood much because it is so well blended.  Layered with OCCO Pineapple.  Zowie!  I smell delicious

6 hours ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

Layered with OCCO Pineapple.  Zowie!  I smell delicious

I can't wait to get the OCCO Pineapple!

This reminds me of a muffin I had years ago - it was Pina Colada.  I think it's the pineapple and coconut plus the spices, and then all the other stuff.  Like the vanilla must remind me of vanilla extract, therefore, baking.    It's very yummy for sure.  I get more of a bakery vibe from it than a buttery one, though.

Perfect description.  Pina Colada muffin.  I couldn’t understand why I wasn’t getting spice and you nailed it—because it smells like a warm from the oven treat where spice is just part of the whole concoction. I turned mine into a light spray to wear over the OCCO Pineapple.  Great job Eastwood!

On 8/12/2018 at 10:32 AM, johnsonlisa90012 said:

Great job Eastwood!

I didn't do anything, that's all @Potion Master. I can hardly even review it. But I sure can wear the hell out of it!

• 1 month later...

This one is creamy and fruity. Sweet cream is the strongest scent, but it's followed by hints of tropical fruit that just poke their noses out a bit; like you ordered a sweet, creamy, slightly coconut dessert, and someone else at the table ordered a fruit one. The fruit is there, but it's a little further away and not as strong. Just a brightness in the background. The coconut comes out more as it continues to dry down. The creaminess makes this one surprisingly heavy, so despite the tropical fruit notes, it's not really a summer scent. All in all, it is a very lpmp scent, if that makes sense.

• 1 month later...

I'm wearing Summershine, thinking, I really need something with Pineaple AND spice, so I searched forum with those two words....

Oh, right. My PE. Duh.