New Releases for MAY 2012

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Sebastian sells a hair care product called Potion 9, and our trademarks somewhat overlapped. We have a written agreement with them - they don't extend into the fragrance field using the name, and we don't expand into haircare using the name.

Yes, Sebastian sells a hair care product called Potion 9, and our trademarks somewhat overlapped. We have a written agreement with them - they don't extend into the fragrance field using the name, and we don't expand into haircare using the name.

Mara, I'm jumpin in *here* because you were here recently..........is Compromising Positions well and truly available? I can search it and it turns up, but I'm not seeing it in the regular listings. I am, however, quite blind at times! B) Anyway, it does go into my cart from the search-result-listing. Is it okay to order it?

Mara, I'm jumpin in *here* because you were here recently..........is Compromising Positions well and truly available? I can search it and it turns up, but I'm not seeing it in the regular listings. I am, however, quite blind at times! B) Anyway, it does go into my cart from the search-result-listing. Is it okay to order it?

Yes, Darling, we have it! Which part of the cart is it missing from? I checked, and it should be searchable. It's in the sample section, in the perfumerie, but I haven't checked all the other pages. I will add it back into the right spot if you let me know. Thanks for the heads up! xoxoxox

Yes, Darling, we have it! Which part of the cart is it missing from? I checked, and it should be searchable. It's in the sample section, in the perfumerie, but I haven't checked all the other pages. I will add it back into the right spot if you let me know. Thanks for the heads up! xoxoxox

I went back and scrolled slowly, and I found it in the Sample section, but I couldn't spot it in either the Women's or the Pheromones sections. But it is totally orderable from the search listings. :) And THANKYOU, because I am really jonesing for more of this! :heart: I sweartogod my order is going to look really weird this month. Well, at least to moi! B)

Nobody would ever be banned for that, trust me.

That is good news.

That is not.

Thanks so much, Elizabeth. I fixed them! xoxoxox SMOOCH!!

Aw, shuck-ins. I just reckoned I was either scrolling too fast or screwing with the cart. C'est rien. :) Why am I lapsing into French this evening??? :P

Why am I lapsing into French this evening??? :P

Je ne sais pas.

Je ne sais pas.

Ah, tu es siiiii drollllllllle!!!! Comment dit-on smart alek en Francais? B) Wish we had a smiley in a beret.... Wait. *Do* we?

:perfecto: :xmas34: :smiley-char145: :chaplin: :smiley-char022::pot::wizard:

Couldn't find a single beret among 'em. I guess we could pretend that the chefs are French...or maybe Santa could be Pere Noel...? :w00t:

Okay ladies and gent. So far I have sniffed 4 of the NRs and DAMN I LOVE 4 out of 10.

Dammit does this mean full bottle month of all ten for Lady V??????????

Cant do it. Just moved need to slow down on the hoarding.. must fight... need a toaster...

Okay ladies and gent. So far I have sniffed 4 of the NRs and DAMN I LOVE 4 out of 10.

Dammit does this mean full bottle month of all ten for Lady V??????????

Cant do it. Just moved need to slow down on the hoarding.. must fight... need a toaster...

Maybe if there were some dolls. I mean action heros around to sell ...

Hey, now, respect the comics stuff!!! Unless you want your Barbies used as toilet brushes! nyehehehe.

:lol:

LOL. I did ask how he would feel if I used my Barbie towel as a throw for the couch. Fucker said it would be COOL!

@ MDC. I love the new Occo!!!!!!! I did not get any cocoa at all.

LOL. I did ask how he would feel if I used my Barbie towel as a throw for the couch. Fucker said it would be COOL!

LOL! Your BF and I have a similar design sense. Though I now keep my Superhero (yes, that requires capitalization) shtuffff to a minimum in public, when I get my own house, it's gonna have it's own room.

LOL! Your BF and I have a similar design sense. Though I now keep my Superhero (yes, that requires capitalization) shtuffff to a minimum in public, when I get my own house, it's gonna have it's own room.

I don't mind that he put it in Jude's room. I saw this coming, which is why I said an enthusiastic OK to hang the Captain America shield in the baby's room, to kind of push him to put all his collections in there. He even bought lights that he wants to install like spotlights on that Octopus thing and Rock Creature bit. Maybe if I display is superman underwear in the living room he will get my point?!

I get it. My brother collects stuff too. He wanted a big eagle type thing in the living room and my sister in law said hell to the no.

Now it's in his office with some rusted Dodger Stadium seats and various other collectibles that aren't allowed in the common areas.

I asked him. CAN I DISPLAY ALL MY PRECIOUS POTIONS OUT HERE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE? DONT YOU KNOW THOSE ARE COLLECTIBLES AND VALUABLE TOO? SOME ARE PRICELESS ANTIQUES!

He said he would have no problem with my display of LPs in the living room. He knows I wouldn't do that though. We wouldn't be able to move around.

We knew a couple where the wife collected these dolls - about 2 ft high - must have had a hundred of them in one room. :blink: If I thought too much about it I would probably have Spawn of Chuckie dreams ...

Edited by quietguy

Posted 'specially for you!

http://lovepotion.in...ndpost&p=193524

Exxxxecelllent!!!! :D Thanks!!!! So cool!

I was never really into the toys, because it's a wicked wicked wicked trap. ENDLESS Limited Ed variants and all that. I only have a couple of really rare ones, and 2 huge statues - one of Bats and one of Supes - they used to be on each side of my bed, protecting me. :) I really like the artwork most, so I have a large collection of artwork and signed pix and stuff, but no wall space here, sadly.

I don't mind that he put it in Jude's room. I saw this coming, which is why I said an enthusiastic OK to hang the Captain America shield in the baby's room

OMG, HE HAS A CAPT AMERICA SHIELD???!!! Now THAT I would like, a friend drew the years that brought that character back from the dead, but not being much of a Marvel fan, my first priority is still to get a Dean cape. The only one with an S on it. Giant lucite wall box with pin spot lighting.....ahhh, a girl can dream at least.

P.S. You better earthquake proof the hell out of that shield/wall, the ones I've seen are HEAVY, and you wouldn't want it to fall in the baby's room.

It was part of his costume. I won't even go into the Darth Vader head that is sitting on my armoire right now...

Even though he bought the shield at a costume place. It's heavy! Good idea about making sure that sucker is tight

@QC. My mom tried to get me to collect those dolls when I was little. Freaked the shit out of me. Strange though I did dream that Liz here on our forum collected those.

It's rap for ' word to your mutha'

Like you better believe it.

Vanilla ice made it popular in the 90s

But the short cool non vanilla ice way is just

WORD

Or if you are religious it can also mean liturgy of the word.

You know when the priest raises the book and says ' this is the liturgy of the word Jesus Christ '

Then everyone says glory be or something, but I always wanted

To shouT WORD to your MUTHA

Edited by LadyVictoria

WORD

You know when the priest raises the book and says ' this is the liturgy of the word Jesus Christ '

You really should do that, LadyV...then grab your rosary and run like hell before they burn you at the stake! :666:

WORD

Hahaha! Ok thanks. Guess I am too young/old/Australian/whatever to have heard that before :P

I once thought I saw him hanging upside down out of an apartment building one day :P

I once thought I saw him hanging upside down out of an apartment building one day :P

LOL! Vanilla Ice was such a joke. come to think of it, any group with vanilla in their name....Milli Vanili? (shudder) the horror

Oh Vanilla Fudge was no joke, believe you me.

http://youtu.be/_aWFaZgwerY

I asked him. CAN I DISPLAY ALL MY PRECIOUS POTIONS OUT HERE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE? DONT YOU KNOW THOSE ARE COLLECTIBLES AND VALUABLE TOO? SOME ARE PRICELESS ANTIQUES!

He said he would have no problem with my display of LPs in the living room.

See I would consider this incredibly lucky because he respects your interests. In a lot of relationships that doesn't happen on either side.

Oh Vanilla Fudge was no joke, believe you me.

LOL! Yet you managed to find one of the funniest videos ever. Awww, but Carmine as a baby...how sweet!!! :wub:

LOL! Vanilla Ice was such a joke. come to think of it, any group with vanilla in their name....Milli Vanili? (shudder) the horror

Ok, I don't mean to be contrary, but I have to disagree with you on both counts. Sometimes what the industry does to an artist makes them into a joke, but no matter what, I never deny a person's talent when they actually have it.

Vanilla Ice is actually truly talented. He's got a great musical sense, he's a fabulous dancer and athlete. He's smart, and he's managed to keep himself wealthy and successful, in shape and healthy regardless of what industry he's moved into. He didn't turn into a fat, drunk, broke, self-obsessed drug addict saying poor poor pitiful me. He still performs here and there and he absolutely kicks ass. As a dancer yourself, Raq, I think you would really appreciate seeing him perform today. He's kept himself in amazing shape and his routines are really difficult. He's one of the only performers in the industry I can think of that physically, it seems like time has just not touched. When I last saw him a few years ago, he was in better shape than he was in his 20s.

Fabrice Morvan was one half of Milli Vanilli. It's true, that those guys were recruited to front for a finished album...a producer's record, which was, for no apparent reason to ME, unacceptable at that time. (Why CAN'T there be producer's records???) Fabrice has a gorgeous voice, and is a great guitarist and songwriter. When he refused to front for those producers any longer and wanted to do his own music, what resulted was one of the greatest injustices of musical history. (I'm talking about the Grammy association pretending they were "duped", taking away the Grammy, and everyone making those poor guys the fall guys for what shouldn't have been considered a "crime" to begin with. EVERYONE in the industry knew that that was a producer's album, and it was a good one. No one was duped.) Seriously, Rob killed himself over all that nonsense, and Fabrice never had a chance to show the world what he could really do. The whole thing is just sad.

LOL! Yet you managed to find one of the funniest videos ever. Awww, but Carmine as a baby...how sweet!!! :wub:

Yeah I did that on purpose. ;)

(Why CAN'T there be producer's records???)

Absolutely agree with you. At least acceptance for them. One of the most popular examples of a producer's record is 90125 because the lion's share of playing/singing/progamming on it was performed by the primary producers, The Two Trevors: Horn and Rabin; although technically it could be considered a band effort.

@ PM & Luna: That is all very interesting. I did not know that part of the history - esp. the producer's album part. Being an "end user" of music (I either like it or I don't) I do not know all the nuances of the industry. That does seem strange that a "producer's album" was considered bad when a lot of popular bands were backed up by session musicians on their albums - ie. the music was not purely just the band. Some bands have been comprised of individuals who were considered great session musicians also. What is the difference if the producer is a good musician in his own right? Or is it all about being an "artist"? And who defines what that is.

ETA: Major threadjack here.

Edited by quietguy

@ PM & Luna: That is all very interesting. I did not know that part of the history - esp. the producer's album part. Being an "end user" of music (I either like it or I don't) I do not know all the nuances of the industry. That does seem strange that a "producer's album" was considered bad when a lot of popular bands were backed up by session musicians on their albums - ie. the music was not purely just the band. Some bands have been comprised of individuals who were considered great session musicians also. What is the difference if the producer is a good musician in his own right? Or is it all about being an "artist"? And who defines what that is.

ETA: Major threadjack here.

Wow, QG, good point. Some bands don't play on their own records AT ALL.

A huge proportion of the music from the "singles" era of the 1950's and early 60's were really producer's records. Truly, a lot of times they could not have cared less who sung the song. I had a few friends from that hit factory era....David Hess (wrote 7 songs for Elvis, wrote Speedy Gonzalez and won a Grammy for it), Leiber & Stoller (wrote Love Potion #9 and a billion other hits)....and I was talking to L&S one day about David Hess, asking if they remembered him from back then. They started laughing, because they did. They said that he was 17 years old and more interested in playing rugby than hanging out in the recording studios, so if they couldn't wrestle David into the studio to sing a song, they'd just call someone else. There were lines of great singers waiting for a song back then. That's why so many "one hit wonders". It was all studio work and songwriters, and sometimes luck of the draw who got to sing it.

Another producer's record that took a lot of flack during that upheaval was C+C Music Factory. I mean, HELLO, read the friggin title, fer cryin out loud! It was two producers who brought in different singers for different tracks and put out dance records that topped every flippin' chart. (Everybody Dance Now, Things That Make You Go Hmmm, etc.) One of their huge hit videos featured a female singer who wasn't the one actually on the record, so they too got caught up in the "fake band" scandal along with Milli Vanilli. Utter stupidity.

And BTW, in case this is still a secret to anyone on the planet, Meatloaf's vid of Paradise by the Dashboard Light, featuring the brunette vocalist? That was Ellen Foley on the recording, not the lady in the video. And THAT was also a producer's record, by Jim Steinman, who produced and wrote that whole album. Does that make us like the songs any less?

Mara I have a question. The lady from 4 Non Blondes, Linda Perry, I believe. Doesn't she write for everyone ? So why do people like Cristina and Britney and all those pop tarts get Grammys? Aren't their records producer records too? Why do they get the Grammys if they are just singing someone else's songs?

And THAT was also a producer's record, by Jim Steinman, who produced and wrote that whole album. Does that make us like the songs any less?

Yeah and Todd Rundgren - who is credited as the producer - was just as responsible for how it sounded and Meat Loaf was - literally - just the mouthpiece. Later Jim would do a producer's record with a girl group concept called Pandora's Box which featured the original version of "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" which Celine Dion later made into a hit.

LV - the flipside to that is the awards for Song and Record of the Year (in various categories) go to songwriters and producers. The Artist/Performance awards go to the actual performers.