Betsy's Apple

Beccah

AD-BetsyApple.jpg

I made a Limited Ed just for July 4th called Betsy's Apple (named after the fictional creator of our flag, lol.) - crafted of red and green apples and sweetened with cotton candy and berry sugars, with a splash of tart lemon on top and a dollop of amber in the base. It's a fresh and fun summer candy apple scent.

This is so freaking awesome. We joke a lot here about gnawing our arms off but it is truly a challenge not to chew on the application point. From the description I expected something kind of light and sheer, but it's chewy and unexpectedly sexy. I was a teeny bit apprehensive about the berry sugars as berry can be plasticky on me but it just reads as more depth to the apple and the pinkness. This would be HEAVEN in shower gel or shampoo, sigh. In terms of pheros it feels like Lace or OW to me. love love love

It is SO DELICIOUS! It reminds me a bit of Candy Apple Cutie, but it's more tangy and bright. It's definitely cute and flirty and summery.

Sounds good Luna, I've decided to get one boosted w Lace in spray. Apple motivates me to do housework (which I don't always enjoy) so hopefully this will make me more 'giddy' to do it. Then I'll spritz the rooms w this as a final touch.

It is SO DELICIOUS! It reminds me a bit of Candy Apple Cutie, but it's more tangy and bright. It's definitely cute and flirty and summery.

:lol: I see what you did there. Man, this review is motivating me to dig through my sample box for Candy Apple Cutie. Hope it's still there!

Omg I love this! So so much. This is the first Apple LP that I've ever felt compelled to buy a bottle of. The opening is all bright juicy Apple. The lemon just adds some brightness. It doesn't stand out as clearly lemon. The crispy tangy Apple stage lasts about twenty minutes. During that time I changed my mind about whether I needed a bottle about 10 times because though I like it, I'm just not much of an apple person. But now that it's dried down completely, ZOMG YUM. It's much softer, not pointy at all cotton candy goodness. Seriously want to chew on my arm. Yep, full bottle absolutely needed.

The lemon just adds some brightness. It doesn't stand out as clearly lemon.

Right; that's what I mean by "tangy and bright," the lemon just bolsters the apple to make it pop a bit more.

You guys are all killing me here with these reviews! I am not really an apple scent person, even though I love apples in general. (I think a combo of cheap apple shower gel/shampoo/conditioner and that apple-cinnamon like scent in Michaels has turned me off of apple scents.) Now I'm going to stalk this one and if there are any left maybe next month I will buy a bottle. I think I'm missing out on something really good here.

Edited by tink333

Same here Tink I never was into commercial apple scents but I take to most all of the lp ones. Same thing kinda happened w the orange scents, I think fairy cake orange or a PE orange I sampled, the next day I'd see orange hostess cupcakes, something I'd never consider and be drooling. Do they still sell the PE sample sets? I thought that was a great idea.

Same here Tink I never was into commercial apple scents but I take to most all of the lp ones. Same thing kinda happened w the orange scents, I think fairy cake orange or a PE orange I sampled, the next day I'd see orange hostess cupcakes, something I'd never consider and be drooling. Do they still sell the PE sample sets? I thought that was a great idea.

The PE sampler was not offered this time because there were only a few of them this time around. ?

As soon as Mara posted about this PE, I wanted it. And my bottle has been paid for. I am so glad these reviews are reinforcing my decision. I was looking for an apple scent that did not smell like fall!

Coincidentally, I had just worn Living Doll w/CB that day and thought this is my only non-Autumn apple scent short of buying Sugared Apples which I have also ordered along with Apple Fairy Cake. Hmmm...I'm on an apple roll it seems. :P

There's been a few which were not specifically Autumnal scents: Candy Apple Cutie, Tease, Crayon Collection: Blush, Anti-Piggy, Brigid's Amber, Cheeky!, Liberty Belle, Marigold & Amaranth, Smitten Kitten, Warrior Heart...even Jewels of Avalon, I would say, although since it has an apple orchard impression I can see why it evokes that comparison.

Yep. All those were before my time. Although, I do have Brigid's Amber and Jewels of Avalon. Brigid's Amber I view as being foodie in an apple pie sort of way and Jewels of Avalon is straight up apple. It was the cotton candy and berry sugars that peaked my interest in Betsy's Apple. It seems like it will be more like a warm weather apple.

This one is great! I get a beautifully crisp and bright apple scent in the beginning, which actually fades pretty fast. Once the apple faded off, it's all tart lemon and cotton candy. Really summery and perfect for hot weather. The berry sugar note scared me, but there is nothing pointy or harsh about it. I'm contemplating a bottle...

My bride got a sample of this in the prize pack I was lucky enough to win and Oh, baby does it smell nice on her! It is a perfect fruity Summer scent. I can't stop wandering around the house sniffing her because it really also lifts both our moods. Whoo!

I love Betsey's Apple, it is such a summer-y apple scent. I think a lot of people are going to be begging for a rebrew of this one.

I'm one of them!

WHOO!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why I thought a spray version w Lace added would be a task motivating combo lol. I forgot how effective Lace phero is sprayed in hair and with this scent esp. The fluff of cotton candy and mists of berry-apple create a head in the clouds sensation, drifting me away from any and all responsibilities. There's also a hinted bite of lemon that keeps the sweet in check. I like layering this w the body scrub since it's one of those addictive scents I wanna wear in more ways than one.

• 3 months later...

So much better than store-bought apple pie. ;) This actually reminds me of that other candy apple one that sold out years ago, but it turns out even better on my skin. I love how the cotton candy sweeps you up in that summer fair feeling, but the lemon and amber keep it from getting overwhelmingly sweet, especially with a chemistry like mine that tends to magically add sugar to everything (sometimes that's a blessing but sometimes it's a curse). It's gourmand, but a fresh and airy gourmand that isn't too heavy for hot weather while not being way too summery for cool weather.