Blossom Almondine

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1926419869_qxdc.jpg

Parfum #7: Blossom Almondine

The blossoms of Ylang-ylang are known to have many uses but their legendary status as the flower of all flowers continually fascinates perfumers the world over! That creamy alluringly-scented bloom forms the heart of this sexy gourmand fragrance, blended with delicious notes of almond and creme brulee then drizzled with late-summer honey upon a base of thickly sensual Indian patchouli resin and topped with a squeeze of tangerine EO.

Ma cousine et moi, we are simply obsessed with ylang-ylang, it is so perfectly beautiful and voluptuous, like the scent of warm skin during la nuit de passion. And so I thought it would be wonderful to add a bit of delicieux to this lovely mood - c’est si bon, ma cheres! I guarantee if you surround yourself with this delight then you will find yourself surrounded...avec l’amour!

Scent: Creamy almond foody floral.
Mood: Sensual, sexy gourmand.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.

YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibly, soothes marital problems. Aphrodisiac, mood balancing, relaxation.
ORANGE/TANGERINE ~ Strong ‘magnet’ to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I didn’t wait for this to rest, so I am hoping this changes.  Soap.  I only am getting almond soap—no glorious ylang or orange or tangerine or honey.  I think I am going to shake this well and give it a few days.  Don’t freak at the first notes—its a blast of almond.  But it is drying down to soap at the moment.

Yeah there is rather an almond KAPOW! at the beginning of this one.  But it feels very authentic to me.  In the vial I get that cherry-almond thing but on my skin it becomes a nutty-spicy kind of vibe.  I think it's the blending of the patchouli and the late summer honey making me think that.  The floral aspect is more of a depth and a weight than specifically flowery.  It's not particularly gourmand on me, though, perhaps because of the patchouli.  I like it, but not in the way I thought I would.  It may need some aging to fully meld.

Really interesting perfume. As always with Mara’s creations, the magick is in the blending. Wet it’s a blast of nutty almond with very present patch. It’s not patch that makes me run screaming but it’s strong enough that this would not be one I reached for often despite almond being a favorite note for me.  In early stages I get no ylang.  After a few minutes I can start to smell the honey right around the edges. The patch starts backing down fairly quickly which is unique for patch , on me at least.

long drydown has less almond, less patch, more ylang and bit of light honey sweetness. Glad I went on the journey with this one as based on what I smelled in the vial, I wasn’t sure if I’d like it at all.

This is all almond sweetness on me. Happily, I don't get much patch at all.  It feels heavy and creamy on me and is long-wearing.  I am not getting very much Ylang either, as others have mentioned. 

On my skin, this is the Frenchy of the collection.

I really get a French parfume here. Like I just wandered into some petit magasin a paris and bought a little bottle of indy perfume. 

The almond is on top at first. The other notes are tightly woven and I get that smooth, light base of patch drift up a moment later. 

The longer dry down is something of a close embrace with foody and non-foody notes tightly intertwined together. 

The Ylang and cream are more of a feeling. All so discreetly settled together on my skin. 

This is what light and weighty feel like together. Very yin/yang. 

The fragrance insists on being present. But, is not overbearing. Its not trying to define me. 

IMO its almost a part of the LP variant type. LP French?

Romantic, sweetly sophicated, pretty and smooth. 

7 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Yin/Ylang. Lol

Ha ha.... 

This one is so intresting. I keep going back to the vial for a sniff.

This one is my favorite of the Frenchies! The citrus is only a tiny light blast at the very beginning which is fine by me - orange tends to start smelling like a bathroom on me, but I think that association is from those pure citrus essential oil air freshener sprays? Mercifully there's none of that here. I get a deliciously deep creamy almond blast that's not quite foodie I think because of the ylang even though it's not a note I can pick out individually. As the patch emerges, I get that spicy evocation as Luna mentioned. The long dry down features powdery honey on that soft almond base and it turns so smooth and yum and like a lightly spicy skin scent. Adore this one!!

• 1 year later...

Wow, this one packs quite a punch!  The spicy almond just about knocked me out at the beginning. It’s so strong it almost feels alcoholic, even narcotic with my nose up too close.
A few feet away, though, and it’s lovely and how I would imagine a very classy antiques shop in the 1800s might smell. Lots of dark woods and spices from faraway lands. There’s something fascinating about it that makes me keep sniffing my wrist though.  I smell this amazing spicy woodsy scent and bring my wrist closer and closer to my nose- and wham! The almond gets me right in the kisser. 

I don’t get any cream until way into the drydown, and don’t get any ylang at all!  So maybe it’s travel shock since I only got this about a week ago (thanks Eastwood!) But testing this was so much fun that I had to post it. I love how LPs take you on a journey. It’s like reading a book in scent form.   I never wore perfume before I found LP - it just didn’t interest me.  But every LP I’ve tried, even the ones that misbehave terribly on my skin, has told a story, or evoked a feeling, or transported me in time and space. Magic indeed!

• 3 months later...

There's an initial blast of almond that within a few minutes gives way to more creaminess. Then...nothing. I even added more because I just wasn't getting much of anything. That didn't really help. I can smell it in the bottle, but once it hits my skin it dies down pretty quickly. I have to be 3 inches from the application point to smell anything. And when I get that close, it's mostly soap. Finally, after an hour, I started to get a bit of powdery honey that ready as soapy. I think a guy could get away with it, if his skin could get anything from it. 

Caveat: I haven't tried this recently, so I don't know how it's aged. I'm just going on my previous notes, here.