Pippin Potion-Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2019943308_6li7.jpg

All the cutest monsters, ghosts and goblins will clamor for this apple, aye! It’s our tangy-sweet apple soda scent which will bestow upon any Halloween reveler a dose of fizzy frivolity! Two kinds of crisp ginger ale accords blended with our homemade famously scrumptious Butterbeer fragrance base (butterscotch and real baker’s butter extract) and a frightfully fun Shriek! of tart green apple.

Scent: Fizzy and sweet, green apple soda.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
GREEN APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, foretelling spells.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

I'm always up for a fizzy scent (because it's such a happy kind of smell to me), although they don't always like me...but THIS one is faboo!  I think it's because I love apple so how could I not love this one?  It's everything great about both tart fresh apple and sweet fizzy cream soda, in a happy loving consensual relationship.  I think kids especially would dig this one but I am a crone and I looooove it!

This was the scent that tipped me towards getting the sampler-- I was thinking probably not a full bottle but darn it I really want to try!  This is fantastic-- tart green apple and, I do not know how Mara does this, it has fizzy bubbles! I can feel them tickling my nose every time I sniff my test patch.  And with the ginger it's like a fab take on classic ginger ale, with that deeply nostalgic vibe I get from certain LPs.  It's unlike almost anything I've ever smelled....closest would be that Peach Bellini LP from several years ago?  Anyway, very very tempting!

Pippin Potion is my favorite of this collection. I love tart apple and Butterbeer is one of my all time favorite LPs. Wet I get a huge blast of apple. For a quick second it almost smells like nail polish to me but not in an overpowering unpleasant way. For the next several minutes it’s all apple and it smells a little earthy to me in addition to just straight up apple. The ginger ale bubbles are there but in the background. After the wonderful apple dries down a bit, this smells very very similar to Butterbeer. I’m so glad to know that I will have this for when I run out of my beloved Butterbeer bottle. But it’s different enough that I must have bottles of both. This perfume has mood elevating properties for me. Without a phero!

Oh noes, wet my skin made this quite stabby, like intense lemongrass or something - I’d have sworn there was lemon in it.  Must be something about the ginger+cream combo.  The apple was unripe green apples, which I liked but together with the stabby aspect was too much. It faded quickly so I didn’t get to catch what it did in drydown. Will try again.... I often amp ginger so I think it’s that, and as it settles down a bit I bet I’ll get the soda everyone else gets 😩

Edited by tyvey

Wow, this is beautiful! I feel like it needs to be a spray. I'm in a hotel room by myself, eating yogurt and drinking ice coffee in a king size bed. The cheery and bright green apples make this behavior somehow more decadent. As if I've dressed up for lounging. I hope my man likes this one. Green apples are his favorite.

I've tried several times because I want so badly to love this, but on my skin it's only sweet, screaming cilantro until the last glorious ephemeral moments before it goes poof. 🤷‍♀️ I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little relieved. At last there is an offering from this collection I won't need at least one bottle of. Phew!

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, tyvey said:

I’m so jealous... I’d love to smell like cilantro

Has there ever been an LP with cilantro?

I don't believe so; I was thinking if any would then it would be Agua Fresca, but it doesn't so I'd say no; but Mara would have to confirm.