Rocket Fuel 2020 w/Bang Bang!

AD-RocketFuel2020_540x.jpg?v=1588366493

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

BROWN & POWDERED SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
HONEYCOMB ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an OOB review of this right now, because I'm already slathered in Raspberry Chiffon AND Sugar Pie Honey Bun, & don't want to push it with the different pheros, lol....but this smells amaaaazing wet ! Super sweet, with a hint of spice, & something about it smells very...caramel ? Probably how I'm reading the brown sugar. I'll likely test run this one tomorrow. I feel like it begs to be paired with LP Red 😈

This is about as YUM as you can get. My skin amps the cinnamon like mad when I first put this on, which is odd because cinnamon is not usually a note that I amp like that...nothing unpleasant at all, I just found it strange, lol. Anyway, as it dries down, the dominant notes on my skin are definitely the brown sugar, which I'm reading mainly as caramel, I think ? And a very rich, edible vanilla note. I put just a bit on each side of my neck ( and a good bit on wrists ) because I'm not sure how many cops are in this, but apparently that little bit is enough because I'm surrounded by this rich, luscious cloud of sweetness & I feel like a walking dessert. I did add a couple of sprays of UN Classy Dame to this, figured it would be safe since it's a variant, & I'm loving the phero cloud as much as the scent cloud ! I woke up with my anxiety trying to claw it's way out & I just feel super happy right now, so it has to be the pheros. This one is a winner for sure, & tied with Bonbon Booty as my fave from the order. 

Edited by StrawberryKitten

Just for the sake of my own curiosity I'm comparing this with the latest iteration I have prior to this one, which was Rocket Fuel III.  I don't expect there is much difference between the two - and most of us who have hoardedowned multiple bottles of Rocket Fuel know how well it ages overall.  

I would say there's more of an emphasis on the other components in the new brew, I get more of the maple and cinnamon whereas in previous versions the brown sugar and honeycomb was absolutely in charge.  And this one will probably evolve to that point as well.  But there's a difference in the character of sweetness even as it is that same spicy-sweet blending that so many of us know and love.  Totally yummy, ever and always.  If you've never tried Rocket Fuel and you think you might be into it then I suggest you do so, honestly, it's an enduring favorite for me and it's been popular for so many years now because it is so delicious.

I have this on now. I've had a trial or two of earlier variants of Rocket Fuel, but they just didn't float my boat the way I expected. This one, however I keep coming back to on my wrists.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:01 AM, luna65 said:

I get more of the maple and cinnamon whereas in previous versions the brown sugar and honeycomb was absolutely in charge.

It must be because the honeycomb is a little toned down compared to whichever one I have, honeycomb can go plastic-y on me. The brown sugar is the star, the kind I was seeking in the BAM Brown Sugar. 

This Rocket Fuel is really growing on me. I can see myself adding a touch of it to sex-up many other (more-tame) scents. It seems 'natural,' like a good sexy skin scent. I think I'd love it in a spray. 

I couldn't wear previous versions of MRF because I ended up smelling like burnt sugar. I wore this last night and was so happily surprised that I finally got the yummy sugary, spicy vanilla that everyone else must have been experiencing. Needless to say, I am beyond thrilled, and the pairing with Bang! Bang! is amazing! ❤

How are you all wearing yours? I got a trial vial and while I’d want a spray for diffusion of the drool-worthy scent but I know oil is recommended for the more sexual pheros. Is this something akin to Cougar/Lumina where I wouldn’t mind the social aspects getting out there or would I want to wear this with a more intimate signature (oil)?

Edited by Usagi

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 1:31 PM, citrine said:

Is this similar to Buns of Cinn?

Hopefully someone who bought both will answer you, but I didn't get Buns of Cinn because I thought it sounded too similar to Rocket Fuel.

Sorry I missed the question originally, I would say no.  Although they both have cinnamon, Buns of Cinn is specifically gourmand while Rocket Fuel is what I would call "gourmand adjacent."  It's spicy-sweet but it's not meant to evoke anything particularly edible.  The new version of Buns of Cinn smells just like a cinnamon roll.  This newest version of Rocket Fuel is warm sugar and spice with some depth provided by the amber and honeycomb.