Friendly Ghost

Beccah

AD-FriendlyGhost_540x.jpg?v=1601840395

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
WORMWOOD ~ Divination, protection, love, calling spirits.
LABDANUM ~ One of the oldest known perfume ingredients. Considered holy, used in tribute, and as a sense-memory tool to stimulate the subconscious. Said to revive long forgotten memories and feelings.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
DRAGON’S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

This actually kind of reminds me of Canary Faery at first, it's like a soapy lemon.  And I don't say that as a bad thing, that's just the impression I get.  Some resins tend to read soapy on my skin, so I'm not surprised.  After a time the lemon backs off and the strawberry comes to the fore.  It's nice, I really like that combo even as the resins might be a little too soapy for my tastes.  It really does have a happy vibe to it.

ETA: in the long drydown this becomes wholly resinous but with a sweet aspect to it, which I think is probably the benzoin.

I picked up my sample blind, not referencing any notes, and put it on as I was running out the door for school drop off. The dry down on this one sooo good. I love benzoin resin incense but I like benzoin better in Friendly Ghost. I was a little confused when I first put it on because I did remember that Friendly Ghost was resin-y. Imagine my surprise at the lemon and strawberry beginning, on the way to the drop off line. :lol: I can still  catch faint whiffs of the strawberry mixed with the benzoin. This is just so good. Verdict: on me it ends as strawberry tinged incense; full bottle worthy!

• 2 weeks later...

For the first two or three minutes, without knowing the notes, the lemon was surprising and I instantaneously thought of Fraise Citron! 🍋 🍋 🍋 Which I adore, duh, but who doesn’t? So after looking up the notes I am excited to see how this evolves. 

ETA: Three hours later, the lemon was still going strong! I was so happy it didn’t disappear on me, I never can have enough lemon. As the day went on, it became more powdery and smooth. Resinous, yes, but more cozy and warm, not dark or heavy. It’s now 12+ hours past application and it’s still addict-ably huff-worthy. 

Edited by Eastwood22

On first application, I get lemony, strawberry soap. Now it’s drying down into what I can only describe as old-fashioned smelling, like I’m in an older house, circa 1800-1900’s, that’s nicely scented. Maybe I smell benzoin.     It’s nice. 

On my shirt it smells like fresh lemon laundry. Once again, another scent smells better on my shirt than on me. ☹️

I think the title does match the scent!  An old-fashioned non-scary ghost. 

Edited by SirenSong
Typo

Friendly Ghost was really unexpected. It starts off lemon over something plant like. Around 10-15 minutes later, the resins start to get louder. It's kind of heavy, but not super heavy. As it wears, I mostly smell the dragon's blood and sandalwood, with occasional bursts of brightness. Oddly enough, it makes me really sleepy.

• 11 months later...

This is happy happy happy! If anyone remembers the old Fairy Lure or even Caught in the Act, it has a similar top to it. No creamy or bakery notes, but shiny, happy, sparkly candy vibes up top. This one is nice and strong too, it lasted most of the day on me. The resins come out, but they remain candy 'flavored' throughout the wear. Beccah's strawberry incense remark is quite apt. I was side eyeing that wormwood because Absinthe scents are no friend of mine, but it didn't make itself known as...itself,haha. I got this because my new house is definitely haunted. My boyfriend, my mother and myself have all seen or heard this ghost on (multiple) separate occasions in the two months we've been here. I've lived in houses that I SUSPECTED may be haunted before, but the ghost in THIS house is a regular showboat. I haven't run a history on the house yet, but I will, I just know it was built about 70 years ago. It's a guy(sounds like one,and my mom saw 'a guy' shaped shade). So anyway I got this to say 'hi ghost. I'm friendly. You be friendly too!! So far he is, just very noisy and 'busy'. 

Happily, I love the scent as well! 

• 9 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:13 AM, cheeseburger79 said:

This is happy happy happy! If anyone remembers the old Fairy Lure or even Caught in the Act, it has a similar top to it. No creamy or bakery notes, but shiny, happy, sparkly candy vibes up top. This one is nice and strong too, it lasted most of the day on me. The resins come out, but they remain candy 'flavored' throughout the wear. Beccah's strawberry incense remark is quite apt. I was side eyeing that wormwood because Absinthe scents are no friend of mine, but it didn't make itself known as...itself,haha. I got this because my new house is definitely haunted. My boyfriend, my mother and myself have all seen or heard this ghost on (multiple) separate occasions in the two months we've been here. I've lived in houses that I SUSPECTED may be haunted before, but the ghost in THIS house is a regular showboat. I haven't run a history on the house yet, but I will, I just know it was built about 70 years ago. It's a guy(sounds like one,and my mom saw 'a guy' shaped shade). So anyway I got this to say 'hi ghost. I'm friendly. You be friendly too!! So far he is, just very noisy and 'busy'. 

Happily, I love the scent as well! 

@cheeseburger79, when I saw your review stating that this was similar to Caught in the Act, I knew I had to snag a bottle during the sale... I so hope I love this one...can't wait to get it...