Aqua Tofana

Beccah

AD-AquaTofana_540x.jpg?v=1601838309

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
LICORICE ROOT ~ Love, lust, fidelity, sexual potency.
TOMATO LEAF ~ Love attraction, repelling of negativity.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
PIMENTO ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental and unconditional love.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
BLACK WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really intriguing to me as a blend - it has an herbal characteristic but also a sort of "garden fresh" type of evocation.  It's very bright and then the licorice gives it a bit of a Zing!  The mint is like a cool breeze, but it's not too obvious. Even though conceptually this is for females I'd say anyone could wear this, if they're of a mind to.  It's fresh and kind of spicy and interesting - you're not going to smell like everyone else if you wear this.  So guys - I really do think you should give this a try if you're a fan of herbal or fresh scents.

ETA: in the long drydown I get more of a soapy clean vibe, it's nice (and I'm not usually into that kind of thing at all).  This is definitely a unisex scent, IMO.

Ermahgerd.. I wasn’t expecting to like this one so much 😍

It’s very fresh, with a coolness that reminds me of Gargoyle Gargle or Morning Star. The licorice is what draws me in, because I’m a licorice ‘ho. I can’t stop sniffing my wrist!! It’s fresh and spicy and a little sweet, and so amazing!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Aqua Tofana is unique. An herbaceous licorice. It's lively and peppy. I was surprised it's in the women's section, because I would consider this quite unisex. In fact, I think I'd like it better on a guy than on me. It's very interesting, and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist, even though it's not a "me" scent. I'd describe it as plant-y with a kick, overlayed by a sweet licorice that isn't too licorice-y. An outdoorsy scent. I'm intrigued, but I have no idea where I'd wear it. It feels like the kind of scent I would wear if I gardened a lot. As if I should be planting vegetable beds in it. It's just so unexpected that every time I sniff it, it confounds my brain. Not in a bad way, just in a "What?" way. Additionally, there's an unexpected sweetness you wouldn't guess from looking at the notes. I know some people hate the phrase "very unique", but the only way to accurately describe it is very unique. 

• 1 year later...

I’m still finding Aqua Tofana intriguing, has any one else been experimenting with this one lately? The tomato leaf in here sucks me in everytime.

• 10 months later...

This is so unique and so good, if you love licorice and tomato, this scent is for you. I think this is better for a guy to wear.  It's got a masculine vibe to it and it very herbal but in a good way...It reminds me of being out in the garden and planting with the dirt all day, this is very long lasting and its truly a one of a kind scent....