Argent w/Cougar Potion

AD-Argent.jpg.58cf986cbd2937992b7dbad3bf4a6a6f.jpg

Scent: Powdery resins and florals with an undercurrent of red wine.

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
GERANIUM ~ Cleansing, hex-breaking, protection, peace of mind, stability of emotions; love, healing, fertility.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MAHOGANY ~ Fertility, growth, grounding, clarifying, bonds of love.
RED WINE:
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
GRAPE ~ Fertility, increases mental prowess, money attracting.

Your sample vial or FB of Argent wants to tell you something: "don't judge me from a wet sniff - I morph ! "

That first whiff was pretty disorienting to me. I was expecting something sunshiny and lemony, similar to previous offerings (and yes I love the darker version of Cougar, named Panther as well). But man oh man, that first sniff to me was watered-down cognac. I almost stopped myself from applying to my wrist but I trusted and went for it. Of course moments later I brought my nose there again, and it had morphed into something close to Liquid Moonbeams or A Treasure of Silver. I rejoiced because I adore metallic scents so much they have their own shelf. And then suddenly it morphed again into a very sweet, carefree and subtle powdery something. I reminds me of the Sneaky Clean vibe but happier. This was so totally unexpected, it made me rethink everything I thought I knew about Cougar. 

In the past, I sometimes didn't apply my scented or unscented Cougar because I felt no reason to...I am working remotely and I have no reason to disguise my age. But with the combination of these scent ingredients, the overall effect is quite different for me. I feel ageless, timeless, and carefree. Like my inner child is invited to come out and play if she wants to, and all the three aspects of me (maiden, mother and crone) are in harmony. I have NEVER experienced that from a perfume before, usually it takes a very deep meditation or a strong spiritual experience. Having this be a possible self-effect that I can reproduce and enjoy is just blowing me away. This is affecting me similar to the way others have reviewed "Lace" but I have never gotten ANY self-effects from Lace. 

If you shy away from descriptions with the word 'powdery',  give this a try anyway. It's very precious. 

{Argent is French for "silver" and if you will allow me a moment of nerding out, if you Google "Argent Cougar" you get hits for horse pedigrees )

On 3/24/2022 at 9:47 PM, androstenol said:

I reminds me of the Sneaky Clean vibe but happier.

Yes, this.

Working my way through my trials, I have to admit I don’t want to like this one. It’s not a “me” scent, but I really really like it. I’m not entirely sure what I’m even smelling, it’s very well blended and I’m not picking out individual notes, I’ve had it on for a little more than four hours. 
It smells clean, would make a fabulous alternate to the Elementals: Air that I've been known to put on after working/sweating and not having time to shower. (I don’t smell bad, ever, I just like to be clean and have been known to take multiple showers in a day.)

I don’t have anything with Cougar in it, I never found quite the right one, and I think Latica may have sold out before I got my hands on some. I do have a bottle of Cougar that I save for special occasions, gets me bitten almost every time. Could be an interesting pairing for such a clean smelling perfume!

@luna65 this is only offered in a spray?

Edited by Eastwood22

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this one because normally I'm not a fan of conceptually lighter-toned scents like this.  And it really smells that way in the vial.  But on my skin the undercurrent of red wine in this one is just so fascinating to me.  It makes for a really interesting contrast to the other notes.   The powdery quality of the resins does give it an ethereal quality while the geranium is flowery but not in the obvious way.  Not that it's meant to, but I'm reminded of Vampire Cabernet because the red wine has that same effect of fascination.  Argent strikes me as very elegant, nighttime, well-dressed to me.  I guess with my chemistry I'm not going to get the same "clean" quality as others.

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, luna65 said:

I guess with my chemistry I'm not going to get the same "clean" quality as others.

You also have a much more refined sense of smell. I put Argent on maybe 5 hours ago and it has morphed and is drawing me in. If you hadn’t pointed out the red wine, I wouldn’t have known what I was smelling, but it’s right there under the lingering geranium and myrrh. I’m so happy I went full bottle on this. Sometimes it’s hard to get the full picture from a trial and I will be getting much wear out of this lovely perfume.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:30 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Yes, this.

Working my way through my trials, I have to admit I don’t want to like this one. It’s not a “me” scent, but I really really like it. I’m not entirely sure what I’m even smelling, it’s very well blended and I’m not picking out individual notes, I’ve had it on for a little more than four hours. 
It smells clean, would make a fabulous alternate to the Elementals: Air that I've been known to put on after working/sweating and not having time to shower. (I don’t smell bad, ever, I just like to be clean and have been known to take multiple showers in a day.)

I don’t have anything with Cougar in it, I never found quite the right one, and I think Latica may have sold out before I got my hands on some. I do have a bottle of Cougar that I save for special occasions, gets me bitten almost every time. Could be an interesting pairing for such a clean smelling perfume!

@luna65 this is only offered in a spray?

@Eastwood22, I have been looking at buying this one for awhile now, does the FERMENTED ALCOHOLS, really come out in this blend?  My skin never reacts well to this note

@dolphindolls2 it’s not like the other fermented alcohols that I’m familiar with in men’s, like whiskey and rum, or the gin in Desp & Djinn, or any of the bubbly/ champagne sparkly stuff. It’s a pretty specific red wine note, I don’t know what to compare it to, perfume wise, but I feel it is more of a (grounding?) scent of the wine itself than specifically that boozy smell. I think it stays in the base, like how amber ties a scent and holds it together. No one would get a sideways “is that whiskey” glance wearing Argent.

Edited by Eastwood22

18 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@dolphindolls2 it’s not like the other fermented alcohols that I’m familiar with in men’s, like whiskey and rum, or the gin in Desp & Djinn, or any of the bubbly/ champagne sparkly stuff. It’s a pretty specific red wine note, I don’t know what to compare it to, perfume wise, but I feel it is more of a (grounding?) scent of the wine itself than specifically that boozy smell. I think it stays in the base, like how amber ties a scent and holds it together. No one would get a sideways “is that whiskey” glance wearing Argent.

@Eastwood22, Thanks ---I think I will order a full bottle of this...

• 3 months later...

This wasn’t what I perceive as powdery on me, but it was a soapy, clean scent like being fresh from the shower. I couldn’t detect the alcohol on me, but when I sniff the trial I definitely get grape and a bit of wine. I think it’s a safe scent for being around people that are sensitive to perfume. With the cougar it should be great to wear with a guy who doesn’t tend to like fragrance. I’m home alone, and no selfies, so no reports on the Cougar.