Sugared Orchids

inthefall

Sugared Orchids

Orchids symbolize Love, Beauty and Refinement, and are said to enhance Fertility and inspire thoughfulness and understanding. Our blend of 5 kinds of delicious sugars spin a sweet web over a bevy of delicate Orchids.

Oh! This is exactly what I hoped it would be. Beautiful, perfect, spicy, uniquely floral orchids with a touch of sweet sugar just under the surface. I can't wait until my bottle arrives!

Sugared Orchids

Orchids symbolize Love, Beauty and Refinement, and are said to enhance Fertility and inspire thoughfulness and understanding. Our blend of 5 kinds of delicious sugars spin a sweet web over a bevy of delicate Orchids.

Oh! This is exactly what I hoped it would be. Beautiful, perfect, spicy, uniquely floral orchids with a touch of sweet sugar just under the surface. I can't wait until my bottle arrives!

I just recieved my sample and was very astonished how beautiful this scent is. A perfect combination of Orchid with those sweet layers of sugar. It smells nearly delicious yet it is indeed a floral. As the scent fades, both the sugar and flower are equally apparent just more subdude. I think it's stunning.

• 5 months later...

OK, so Sugared Orchids sold out......BUT, since the ladies will custom-blend the sugared variations, I figured I would go ahead and add my 2 cents.....

I got a sample of this in my most recent order, and though I am not usually a "floral" person (I have to watch which ones I wear, because they sometimes turn rancid with my chemistry), this one is lovely. It is not loud and obnoxious like some florals.....instead, it is full, heady, and sweet......

This one would be really great layered with some other scents.....

I got a bottle of this on impulse from the freebies list - it's something I normally would pass over. I must say, when it arrived I was taken aback. I'm not sure what I thought, but it seemed almost rancid on me. I have a good friend in Guatemala who is an orchid grower and exporter, and many of them have a slightly rank, raw meat smell...I kept getting pictures of the steamy greenhouse and the odd flowers hanging everywhere...

But (as usual) I was wearing a sample of everything I had ordered when I first tried it...so I gave it another go by itself.

Ah - there it is - an unusual floral with a touch of sweet on top to lift it. I still get glimpses of great overarching tree limbs, riddled with spikes holding flowers languid in the hot still air, but then the sweet swirls by and the sun comes out again.

Truthfully of all the LP scents I have tried, this one now feels the most like ME.

This is one of the first I fell in love with way back when, it's a wonderfully creamy spicy melange of orchid with a sprinkling of sugar on top. I'm not really a big floral person but I love orchid because it has such a dramatic kind of quality to it and the sugar gives it a bit of gourmand twist that makes me more than happy to wear it.

Pony, I had the exact same response to my sample bottle...I swiped it on, "mmm...lovely floral...."....wait....."um, what's that?!"

It went thru this middle period (an experience I'd heard of but never experienced before) where it got UGLY on me...ugly as in Something Went Really Wrong In The Hothouse. Later on it drifted back to a *mostly* innocent floral - (I 'see' the fragrance as a strawberry blonde with curls)...she just kind of looked at me over her shoulder all innocent-like. I'm still not sure we've made nice.

• 2 years later...

THIS IS SO LOVELY.... I LOVE IT!! Oh... I wish i can get more of this lovely scent :thumbup: IT's so beautiful and stays so long on my skin! This is a stronger version of Denise's Musky white orchid :):):) I will have to save the sniffees for special occasions :) Orchid is becoming the top of my list other than Rose!! :):):)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So 5 years ago last month, I got my first bottle of Sugared Orchids. And after an initial rotten first impression, it has been a go-to scent for me. I burned through one bottle and nearly the second. Long neglected in my darkened vault, I brought her out the other day - not much left in that bottle now. Through some convoluted logic I had been "saving" it by not wearing it.

So - conservative slathering, but then it's fairly assertive so I don't need much. Oh my - this is still a feminine, glorious, smiling ME scent. I've tried other orchids, but something about this simple fragrance sets it above the others.

I only have a few conservative applications left and I'm kicking around the idea of ordering a PE to try to recapture it, but I'm also scared that it wouldn't be "the same" and then I would be sad.

Is it wrong to have an emotional attachment to a scent??

Pony, I think it is almost impossible not to have an emotional reaction to a scent! Our sense of smell is one of our most emotive senses! I form attachments to certain blends all the time... And, I am so grateful when Mara comes up with something to replace lost loves. I had been mourning Ravens Secret Weapon and now Mara gifts me with Seer... And I am swooningly in love all over again! I know she will craft and create another orchid love for you!

You know who you're talking to, right? :lol:

it's too bad you missed out on A Treasure of Pearls, as it's a lot like Sugared Orchids to me.

You know who you're talking to, right? :lol:

it's too bad you missed out on A Treasure of Pearls, as it's a lot like Sugared Orchids to me.

Huh? I would never associate pearls with orchid...

And yes, I know I missed out on sooo many. But then the many I have rec'd a lot of love while I was off the LPMP-reservation.

Huh? I would never associate pearls with orchid...

Me too. I got worried (my nose is seriously off) when I saw Luna's comment.

Granted, I may get more of the orchid in the blend than other people but it's not like I'm hallucinating things (and I wrote the description after all):

A symbol of transmutation and of perfection, pearls are comprised of numerous translucent layers, their luster is derived from their formation. The more layers, the more iridescence which refracts the light falling upon the surface, thus creating a unique and coveted shine. The aim in crafting our scented pearl was to recreate this quality with a luminous soft base of vanilla musk, white amber and marshmallow shot through with flashes of brilliant color from lush orchids, water lilies and lotus blossoms. Prized, elegant…lovely to look at - swirling with liquid pearlescence - and warm and inviting to wear.