Sand Witch

Dolly

• 1 year later...

Okay, I wasn't around when this one came out in 2009, but I recently tried out a sniffy of Sand Witch, and this is beautiful. When I tried it, I had no idea what was in it at all (I have quite a few sniffys, and I just try out random ones and then put them in either the "keep" pile or the "give away" pile) or what it was supposed to smell like. For the most part, I don't smell the individual notes, and I don't get "beachy" or suntan lotion either. In fact, it doesn't even smell particularly summery to me. It's just this beautiful, creamy scent. I'm guessing that it has just aged really well. I DO think I'm beginning to be able to pick out sandalwood in lp's, (which I didn't really have a clue what it smelled like before) because I can identify the similarity in this one and La Sylphide, and I think sandalwood is the common note. Apparently, I'm becoming quite the fan of sandalwood. I have a ridiculous two bottles of The Sand Witch on their way to me from the trading post (I don't have two bottles of anything, not even my favorites!) just because I liked this one so much, and both bottles were relatively inexpensive. But for those of you who have this one sitting around and may not have used it recently, crack it open and see what it has turned into! I love it, and it may become one of my new favorites.

• 5 months later...

I bought this recently off the trading post and I'm in LOVE with it! It's definitely a summer suntan warm skin fragrance. NOT suntan oil, mind you, just an uplifting hypnotic blend of vanilla and sandalwood with just a whiff of smooth coconut milk once in awhile. Amalthea I can't believe you found 2 bottles! I need to find a back up bottle as well! To THINK this one is 5 years old and has aged beautifully.

Edited by LoveStruck55

I gave my sample to my sister Eggers!

There is some sandalwood I just cannot do, this type smells salty on me. You know those packages that come in shoes that have little balls of something in them? They look like salt packets and have hard little tiny rocks in them. Well if you ever eat one of those that is what this smells like to me. Salty and bitter. : (

This is an old post... So sorry! But, this sandalwood was extremely salty on me too. I have since traded mine away... It's interesting how the sandalwood in Sweet Surrender works so well with my chemistry but this one went sooo bad. I guess you never know until you try a scent!

• 1 year later...

This has aged so beautifully. The sandalwood especially, it's gone all deeply mellow and creamy. And it lasts and lasts. I put it on this morning and I'm still catching lovely creamy whiffs at 7:00 pm. Throws like a beast too. Good stuff!