EST, IFM, and a partridge in a pear tree...

I'm back and have missed you all so much!! I've been lurking intermittently, but for awhile didn't have the money to buy any products and really didn't think I had anything to contribute to the discussion, so I am so glad to be back. After the betrayal of a certain group of people who ran the forum where many of us met, I am so incredibly grateful that we have a kinder, wiser place to gather. Thank you Mara, Danna and Ail! <3

Okay, enough gushing! I have to tell you guys, switching from Androtics to LP is a bit of a shock because I thought I was really knowledgeable, and now I'm just seeing a few chemicals I've never heard of. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything!

Now, I want to talk about the very gendered (or more accurately, sexuality-oriented) pheros EST and A1.

I finally, after years of wanting it, was able to purchase a bottle of EST from here (I can hear Ail cheering all the way across the pond!). I also have an almost-full bottle of Instant Female Magic from Androtics.

Now, my first question--this is kind of moot because it appears that Androtics has taken IFM off their site anyway, but I absolutely do not want to give those people a single cent of my money ever again. So when this bottle runs out, is there anything in the LP arsenal that may be an appropriate substitute? I don't recall seeing anything with A1 here, but poor Dolly had to point out the link to EST to me twice, so I don't trust my own eyes. *rolls them*

IFM is primarily used by me for self-effects when I have a low moment, but I also work in a library where the staff is all women, so staff meetings and staff-related outings are a good place for it because there will be no men there. I'm concerned about where to get it when I need more. If I can't do so here, LS apparently has A1 straight. If I were to apply that, do we think I'd get similar results? Since it's in a similar glass bottle with a dropper to that of EoW, I'm assuming it's alcohol based, which is actually preferred, since at work I use it as a social pheromone and would want more diffusion amongst the ladies.

Second question! I have read a few of the studies that say gay men react to A1 like straight women do. One of them said EST had no effect on them which I thought was interesting, because Ail has reported effects on other straight women...obviously it's not going to stir romantic feelings, but you would think the "this lady is pregnant and needs to be protected/cared for" vibe would still affect people even if they're not attracted to women. So I'd appreciate any thoughts on that scientific finding. Does anybody have a negative reaction to EST?

Spinning off that, I have a lot of gay friends--could I use IFM with them the same way I use it with other women? Say I have a gay friend who's feeling down and I want to cheer him up, or I'm in a group of gay friends and I just want chatty happy fun times. Will IFM work? Does it have the same depressive effects on lesbians that it has on straight men? If so, wearing it to a gay bar that is frequented by any and all members of the LGBT community might be a bad idea.

Has anyone ever tried a mix of A1 and EST around certain groups of people? What happens when they're worn together?

Edited by LaurieNY

Now, my first question--this is kind of moot because it appears that Androtics has taken IFM off their site . So when this bottle runs out, is there anything in the LP arsenal that may be an appropriate substitute?

LP doesn't have any straight A1 & I'm pretty sure they don't carry any products with A1 in it due to the negative effects it has in some men.

But fear not! There are other great phero's you can try that are fab :)

Teddyman (not sure if this is sold out or not) is for guys to wear to make us feel calm & snuggly.

Tranquility potion is UNscented but you can always boost your favourite LP. May Day is a scented version of Tranquility potion.

Ail is also doing the finetuning of a PMS relief type phero that is due to be released early next year ;)

Oh, and there are several EST blends you might like too...

Eternal chain

Garland & Lace

UN Lace

Ail's Cuddle Bunny

It's great to see you here again, Laurie! I missed out on Teddy Man (it had beta-androstadienol, and is now out of stock) but am eagerly awaiting Ail's new PMS relief blend. I'm sure by the time you run out of IFM you'll find a substitute here!

I'm back and have missed you all so much!! I've been lurking intermittently, but for awhile didn't have the money to buy any products and really didn't think I had anything to contribute to the discussion, so I am so glad to be back. After the betrayal of a certain group of people who ran the forum where many of us met, I am so incredibly grateful that we have a kinder, wiser place to gather. Thank you Mara, Danna and Ail! <3

Hi Laurie-

Welcome back - and to add to Rosebud's note - there's also Ail's H&S which is Est heavy. (This is of the famed Rosebud Baby-Knapping incident...which Rosebud - still makes me laugh. :-)!!!) While it's more a social blend - I have a beta spray coming with cops added that I have high hopes get's more - ahem - targeted attention - but still facilitates the whole alpha male vibe.

And of course - all of us are sitting here dying to get our bottles of Lace - so we can see how that works in practice.

And to echo everyone else - I am confident the world will be a better place when Ail is done perfecting her PMS blend. I can certainly use it...anyone else find PeriMen makes the PMS particularly EVIL? Anywhoooo....

We are glad you decided to stop lurking and join the party. :-)

Laurie, it seems if you're looking for a social blend which makes women more comfortable then Treasured Hearts might be what you're looking for, or Girl/Girl (if it's still available).

to add to Rosebud's note - there's also Ail's H&S which is Est heavy. (This is of the famed Rosebud Baby-Knapping incident...which Rosebud - still makes me laugh. :-)!!!)

Hey! It wasn't my fault! :lol:

It was just too much of a too strong "soft & cuddly potion" :oops:

At least I gave the li'll tadpole back in the end... :Hug_emoticon:

Hey! It wasn't my fault! :lol:

It was just too much of a too strong "soft & cuddly potion" :oops:

At least I gave the li'll tadpole back in the end... :Hug_emoticon:

too funny - am quite interested on how soft and cuddly works for me. Should be here this week so fingers crossed!

Ail's coming out with a PMS blend? Oh FABUUUUUUUUUULOUS! I've mentioned it before, but my Prozac makes my PMS symptoms worse for some reason (I guess instead of having a mild cry, I have to wait until I am really, really distressed so when it finally does break the Prozac-created boundary, life goes to HELL) and I've been looking for something to really help with it.

I tried Tranquility - it's a fabulous little blend. Calms you down right quick. I've used it for sleep, for new apartment anxiety, at work, and then, yes, for PMS. I'll be investing in a couple bottles of Tranquility Potion as soon as my financial aid goes through next month.

As Ail told us a while back, however...it's going to be a while (don't really know how long of a while) before the PMS relief blend will be available. Dr. Stone has a lot in his test tube (as it were) and that blend is one of many projects. In the meanwhile I'm going to hoard my Teddy Man, heh, this means I'll have to save it for myself, which will be tough because it makes the Woobie truly a Limey bundle of awesome...mmm.

Thanks, Carrie! I missed you!

Rosebud! Did you steal a baby?! :lol:

I had been planning on getting H&S, so I'm glad to hear that recommendation. It seems like less of a gamble than Treasured Hearts because I recognize all the ingredients in H&S except Epi-Androsterone. But I also don't know what the heck 5a-Androstenol is, which means I don't recognize or have experience with (that I know of--I realize we're not aware of every component in Androtics's mixes) two out of three ingredients in Treasured Hearts, which makes me a titch nervous about trying it. H&S sounds like an amazing mix, though, save the one ingredient I don't recognize.

I also notice that it doesn't say what is in the Tranquility Potion? Am I supposed to be so tranquil that I don't care what is in it? :lol:

Ail is also doing the finetuning of a PMS relief type phero that is due to be released early next year :)

Oh, if I didn't already love that woman... ;)

Edited by LaurieNY

Understood. Thanks for the tips! :)

Edited by LaurieNY

If you can get your hands on Boy/Boy or Teddy Man, it has a nice soothing component for women as well, the alpha-male at peace pheromone. Teddy Man did a good one-two punch on my PMS yesterday and I'm gonna bust it out in a second, as soon as my friend gets here and then leaves :D

I had been planning on getting H&S, so I'm glad to hear that recommendation. It seems like less of a gamble than Treasured Hearts because I recognize all the ingredients in H&S except Epi-Androsterone.

Hi Laurie - I think there is some thread about the 5Anol being recepters...blah blah blah... on a different place on something distinctly biological...blah blah blah...head hurts, been a long week, don't really care - oops outside voice - blah blah blah.

ROFLMAO.

Ok - I'm not that bad about the scientific stuff and actually like when the science get's posted but no one thinks you can be this big a PITA and still like to read...so ok fine ...but correct me if I am wrong - and Lord knows someone will - I do it enough... when you read 5Anol - just assume an Anol reaction.

And Treasured Hearts is very effective. I'm pretty out there and when I wore it everyone wanted to be all loving. Which honestly - PUKE - is not what I'm looking for. I generally don't give a rats a** if people love me. Only the people I care about. Which rules out like 99.9 percent of people on earth. The rest of them can bite me if they don't like it.

Crap. There was the outside voice again. She's determined to be heard tonight, eh?

Anyyyyyyyyyhhooooooooo....

Beats the outside voice into submission......

Treasured Hearts works great if you want everyone to love you. It does. I just found I couldn't stand that reaction by others - at all. I wanted to slowly saw off a limb and flee as fast as my bloody stump would carry me... just sayin'.

But I have a small fortune in H&S coming - because it's designed by Ail (DUH) and because it's supposed to make everyone want to cuddle and love on you. Odds are good - I'm going to hate this. So - I've added cops to try to even out all of this snuggly puppy happiness with some HOO-YA. Because the KSPBF is a total Alpha and should - theoretically at least - eat this up. And on the off chance I ever see the jack-a** in person again - what the heck.

Dang - that outside voice is persistent tonight!!!

I think I need to go to sleep early...or tomorrow could be truly career limiting. <shrugs>

I generally don't give a rats a** if people love me. Only the people I care about. Which rules out like 99.9 percent of people on earth. The rest of them can bite me if they don't like it.

Oh hush, Ms. Pariah...it's more like 95%. But who's calculating? :D

Ail is also doing the finetuning of a PMS relief type phero that is due to be released early next year :)

Ail's coming out with a PMS blend? Oh FABUUUUUUUUUULOUS! I've mentioned it before, but my Prozac makes my PMS symptoms worse for some reason (I guess instead of having a mild cry, I have to wait until I am really, really distressed so when it finally does break the Prozac-created boundary, life goes to HELL) and I've been looking for something to really help with it.

I tried Tranquility - it's a fabulous little blend. Calms you down right quick. I've used it for sleep, for new apartment anxiety, at work, and then, yes, for PMS. I'll be investing in a couple bottles of Tranquility Potion as soon as my financial aid goes through next month.

As Ail told us a while back, however...it's going to be a while (don't really know how long of a while) before the PMS relief blend will be available. Dr. Stone has a lot in his test tube (as it were) and that blend is one of many projects. In the meanwhile I'm going to hoard my Teddy Man, heh, this means I'll have to save it for myself, which will be tough because it makes the Woobie truly a Limey bundle of awesome...mmm.

OK..... now I understand why I couldn't order the phero spray of the alpha-male at peace pheromone. B? -I forget the scienctific name....I did not know that Ail's new secret phero blend was for PMS....I can't wait !!!!

In the meantime...I guess a 8x spray of Tranquility potion might take the edge off!!!!... :D

LOL at "outside voice"...but what on God's green Earth is a KSPBF? :huh:

Since H&S seems to be appropriate for similar goals (it's probably healthier to have your attitude, but I kind of do want everyone to love me) I'll probably stick with that for now. Not ruling out Treasured Hearts for the future, though.

So - I've added cops to try to even out all of this snuggly puppy happiness with some HOO-YA.

Hee! You crack me up. :lol:

Edited by LaurieNY

KSBF = kinda sorta boyfriend

Mara originally coined this acronym to describe her man.

I don't know if the 'P' is a typo on Shelly's part or on purpose, heh.

Edited by luna65

Hey Laurie! So glad you came back!!

Treasured Hearts is really fabulous when you have to deal with other women.....it has a nice vibe on men too, but the reaction on women is really good.

Also, I second the Tranquility Potion......me, my fiancee, and 4 kids in a van for over 16 hours, and I'm a believer!

As far as the list of ingredients goes.....eh.....I am kind of a stickler about the ingredients in MOST products. HOWEVER, with competition the way it is in the phero industry, I can understand why not all of Dr. Stone's ingredients are disclosed. AND, I have been using Dr Stone's products for a lot of years.....longer than the other place, and I trust him. Plain and simple.

KSBF = kinda sorta boyfriend

Mara originally coined this acronym to describe her man.

I don't know if the 'P' is a typo on Shelly's part or on purpose, heh.

well - it was a typo as the keyboard on the iPhone leaves a lot to be desired when typing in bed - although the P in that location could actually work given I am annoyed with him at the moment.

well - it was a typo as the keyboard on the iPhone leaves a lot to be desired when typing in bed - although the P in that location could actually work given I am annoyed with him at the moment.

HAHAHAHAHAAAA....I thought it was intentional, and that the P stood for "potential"......

HAHAHAHAHAAAA....I thought it was intentional, and that the P stood for "potential"......

Snorts. That really rather depends on the day. I think the P is interchangeable for either "Potential" or something else entirely. Take your pick - the P letter - as previously discussed - does covers some rather earthy ground in the english language.

Snorts. That really rather depends on the day. I think the P is interchangeable for either "Potential" or something else entirely. Take your pick - the P letter - as previously discussed - does covers some rather earthy ground in the english language.

I know what you mean! Depends on which side of the bed (or whose bed) you wake up on!