Phero Effects - Broad vs Targeted?

Sorry, to start off I should say that I had no idea whatsoever how to title this thread. There's something I've been wondering about lately, and someone else's post had me thinking about it more, but I'm having a hard time wording exactly what I want to ask so bear with me. This is all hypothetical to me, I'm not in any particular situation that I NEED to know, it's just something I've been wondering about and good information to have for the future.

If you're wearing a pheromone in a group of people (maybe you have an intended "target" or want to draw people in general to you, or whatever) how do you know that someone will identify YOU as the "source" of the phero? Maybe you have a specific target guy (or girl), and you're going to be in a group - how do you know that they won't smell the phero, be affected, but attribute it to someone else in the immediate area? Like as opposed to when, say, you wear a phero to a gathering with the intent to create a certain atmosphere among an entire group (I'm thinking, for example, when people talk about wearing Treasured Hearts or something similar to create an atmosphere of calm and happiness at a family gathering or some other event). I see it mentioned so many times in the forum - someone will talk about how they wore a certain phero and everybody in their group/at their party/whatever was just relaxed and happy. I'm sure that both effects - wide and targeted - are useful depending on your situation. Am I making sense at all? I'm guessing it's a question of diffusion, really.

I guess this was never a real factor for me because when I HAD a target guy we were alone together alot - in our office, just the two of us, so there was no question that he would associate any phero effects with me. But now that I'm thinking of broader uses for pheromones, it's just something I've been wondering about.

I've been wondering this same thing -- someone actually warned me to not wear pheros in a crowded room (if I have a specific target in mind) bc the phero affect might be attributed to someone else.

But, i've also been thinking that if the phero mixes and melds with my own body chemistry, then maybe it will create a phero/scent signature unique to me, so while the phero might affect a lot of people, I will still be identified subconsciously as the origin of the effect.

I was going to start ordering all phero blends in the silicone base to help with longevity, but now I'm thinking that I want the pheros to hit my skin directly and create my unique phero/scent signature. Silicone would block direct interaction with my skin, so now I'm going to order everything in the oil/alcohol base.

ok I'll take a shot here based on my experiences and from what I have learned from other, more experienced users.

The short answer is there is no guarantee. Amalthea (& Cougarrific), you are exposing everyone you come into contact with so... yes you will probably hit your target (if you come into proximity with said target) but there will be others "hit" as well in a public place. From what I have learned here, that's one of the reasons the sexier pheros are better close to your body. You shorten the diffusion distance, therefore exposing those close to you, this is also the way to make sure that phero signature is registered as yours.

As far as "distance" even when I've worn sprays like say "Bang" , TH, LFM and/or EST. Most of what I have observed is that people seem to know that "something" is coming off me. I've worn LFM + 1spray of EST and the guy who literally leapt ahead of me to open the door, well he knew it was me, as opposed to the 2 other women in the immediate area. I could easily tell by the look in his eyes. Ok that was one big crazy hit but I've had more subtitle hits as well with sprays. Of course I've had big hits with oils like LAM and received unwanted attention as well, so it goes both ways. In most cases IME I feel the connection is made.. I don't really worry much about someone else stealing my phero thunder but I don't think I would say it could never happen.

But, it has not happened to me as far as I know.

It would stand to reason that if someone were to seek out the phero stimuli , it would get stronger as they got closer to you and if your actions were congruent to them I'd say you'd get credit. Of course I don't know if anything is that easy as perceptions can vary.

I general I find pheros to be helpful in social engineering. But it takes a little practice. Dolly has some great pages in her journal about this that are definitely worth a look.

Edited by StacyK

I will have to think about this some more.

Off the top of my head just recalling my observations...

One thing that I have noticed is that when a group is affected (around 15 people or less), circulating and hoovering (getting close in an individual's space i.e. a meet and greet where you are introducing yourself or saying high to individuals) can help people to associate the phero with you. That is if you are wearing a spray or if you are wearing a scent that has a a huge amount of throw.

The other thing that I have noticed is that even if you are in a pretty large group, and you are kind of off to yourself with no one else around you (within 10 feet or so), as people come into your space and they get hit - they will associate the phero with you. Think concert, conference, mega shopping store etc...

Now if you are in a tight space with 20+ people and unable to circulate to phero bomb, I noticed that only those closest to you or those who are high phero responders will be able to zero in on you as the source of the phero. Or when people discover your scent (that you mixed the phero with) trail they will be able to attribute the phero to you.

Edited by Honeycake

I would think diffusion range matters. Like if you are wearing an oil that wears close to your body... Or a spray that is dispersing further around you. I feel like people usually assume it's me though and not the crowd.

I would think the ther further away, the sparser the diffusion, in the sense that people can "smell" the greatest amount of pheros coming off of you closely and diluted more by air, the further away they are. Just like when someone has bad BO, your nose pretty quickly figures out where it comes from by how concentrated the cloud around the person is.

I have been using pheromones for a while and here is the "best" answer I know from my personal use and the comments of others:

As has been mentioned, there is no guarantee that someone will home in on you every time as the source of the phero cloud. But this is not a reason not to use pheromes in crowded situations because there is a good chance that they will as you come closer. Yes there is dffusion but the closer you are the more they will home in on you as the pheromone source. I have seen this time and again. But you have to remember that this happens at an unconscious level for most people. They do not know they are looking for "you" - they are unconsciously homing in on something that is attracting them at an unconscious level. But attraction comes in many forms so there are no guarantees thwith pheromones. As I have said before - pheromones only crack open a door for you - they grease the skids a little. The rest is up to you.

The other thing to remember is that in a crowded area - the pheromones will attract everyone. And quite often people with low social filters (drunk, etremely chatty or just plain strange) tend to react the strongest. I just deal with this fact and wear pheromones all the time.

Well said, QG!

I have been using pheromones for a while and here is the "best" answer I know from my personal use and the comments of others:

As has been mentioned, there is no guarantee that someone will home in on you every time as the source of the phero cloud. But this is not a reason not to use pheromes in crowded situations because there is a good chance that they will as you come closer. Yes there is dffusion but the closer you are the more they will home in on you as the pheromone source. I have seen this time and again. But you have to remember that this happens at an unconscious level for most people. They do not know they are looking for "you" - they are unconsciously homing in on something that is attracting them at an unconscious level. But attraction comes in many forms so there are no guarantees thwith pheromones. As I have said before - pheromones only crack open a door for you - they grease the skids a little. The rest is up to you.

The other thing to remember is that in a crowded area - the pheromones will attract everyone. And quite often people with low social filters (drunk, etremely chatty or just plain strange) tend to react the strongest. I just deal with this fact and wear pheromones all the time.

• 1 month later...

Very interesting, I wonder about that myself sometimes. I have noticed that when someone has been in my phero cloud they seem affected even a while later, when they're around other people. I am pretty sure that they sense it's me giving them that vibe. After all, they stand close to me and give me those looks; they dont wander off confused, I feel they do make the connection. But I have wondered that whenever I could see that I had phero hit someone: how long will it last when the source is removed? Will they run around starry eyed for another hour? Or does it wear off right away? I posted in the review section how a guy who worked with me for a day and sat in my LAM cloud for hours came back after the weekend and said that he had had such a bad weekend, that he had felt like a ton of bricks hit him as soon as he got home that nite, and that he was blue all the time and didnt understand why.

I posted in the review section how a guy who worked with me for a day and sat in my LAM cloud for hours came back after the weekend and said that he had had such a bad weekend, that he had felt like a ton of bricks hit him as soon as he got home that nite, and that he was blue all the time and didnt understand why.

Sounds like an A-nol OD.

I think you're right, Dolly. But still wondering how the removal of the source factors in. We both were laughing and in high spirits all day, but I went home in a great mood and my weekend was a total blast. All happyhappyhappy. Maybe cause the anol just vanished gradually on me?

I think you're right, Dolly. But still wondering how the removal of the source factors in. We both were laughing and in high spirits all day, but I went home in a great mood and my weekend was a total blast. All happyhappyhappy. Maybe cause the anol just vanished gradually on me?

It's the exposure and his level of sensitivity that would be the factor. Not to mention what "stuff" may be going on in his life you may not know about. it also may be how he handles emotions and what he's used to expressing vs suppressing. He might have, for reasons unknown, been "down" anyway regardless of any exposure. But comparing that feeling to how he felt earlier with the "phero high" may have been more highs and lows than he normally experiences or allows himself to experience normally. Removal of the source just stopped him from receiving more of the dose but what he was already exposed to was going to affect him until he came "down".

if he's not one to experience extreme highs and lows that might have been a SUPRISE.

This is all just academic tho. Hard say definitively, that's why phero "evidence " is hard to support sometimes without constant retrials because this type of interpretation can be very subjective. For instance I believe he got a heck of a dose from your LAM and as Dolly and others have said sounds like he crashed afterward, but to say exactly why he was effected so strongly well that's more personal to him so we can only guess.

Again this is only hypothesis but your question "removal of source" well he was happy, silly ect around you. Then the stimuli was removed and he came down, somewhat hard for whatever reason, his sensitivity (sounds line he is a responder) there could be other factors but those are personal unknowns of his so we can't say with certainty.

Edited by StacyK

The removal of the source could definitely factor in. We just don't know enough. But it sounds like a classic anol crash. Kudos to you Maroon for thinking outside the box. In five years I have never seen that question asked. It's an interesting one to ponder. Seems likely to me that removing the source only indicates when the crash will happen not whether one will happen at all.

Thank you, Halo, actually I wonder about that a lot. When I go over a project with someone and stand close and it's all easyness and jokes and you can tell that the pheros bring out the best in everyone - what happens when I leave the room and take the extra magic away? I have had people come back to my room for more or cling to me at partys, kinda like homing in to the source, so there is some anecdotal evidence here. And I guess people will associate the nice experience at least in part with you, since you shared it.

But will they miss you? Or crash if they were overexposed? Or will they just think that you're some kind of fairy queen that has bewitched them? ;-)

All those questions...

And yeah, StacyK, I agree with you absolutely that whatever you have going on in your life will affect the way the pheros work on you. I have had days where I was not "wearing" the scent anymore at some point, where I got subdued and pensive and quiet, but still got plenty of darling reactions from others.