Special Delivery 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.1808936089_n6f6.jpg

Artwork Courtesy of Lynryd-Jym Narciso!

Rediscover some Valentine's Day romance with this luscious scent of chocolate-covered cherries! Mouthwatering milk chocolate, syrupy sweet maraschino cherries, a dash of tangy red currant, and a blend of rich sweet ambers makes you unbelievably delicious smelling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• luna65 unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

AHHHHHH !!! Okay, I just got my pherotine orders ( BEST order yet, btw ) & this was the main one I was looking forward to, so I put a bit on already. I wanted to slather, lol but I will be working out soon, so that would be a waste, just to shower it off. 

Anyway, smelling it from the bottle, it smells almost identical to Wild Cherry, at least to me. Now that it’s drying down a bit, it’s basically a sweet, even blend of chocolate cherry, with a non - descript sexiness in the background ( I assume it’s the currant / amber )

It is absolutely delicious, & I’m so happy that I decided to get a fb of this one ! 

Edited by StrawberryKitten

Special Delivery is one of my all-time favorites, and I've got bottles of every past version.  I'm going to compare it to the original batch; it actually went through a few iterations the first time it was brewed; so I'm comparing to either batch one or two from the original release in 2011.

What I notice immediately about the new version is it's got that great sweet creamy chocolate-y background much like the original.  I get a bit of tang from the red current but the maraschino cherry oil (which is a different source from the original) is a bit cough syrup-like on me at first, then it settles down to the really sugary vibe you get from that particular type of cherry.  So I would say you have to let it "calm down" a little before you judge whether you like it or not.  But in the long drydown I think it has more of a red fruits impression as opposed to cherry.  With aging I imagine it will come to a more linear cherry evocation.

To me this is not as deep as Wild Cherry; it's definitely meant to have a more literal candied vibe all the way through: a scented interpretation of chocolate-covered cherry cordials, which is what the original version represents.

ETA: after about 4 hours this becomes absolutely delicious on me!  I think that's when the amber comes out to bind it all together and smooth it out.

This is all cherries on me - sweet, candied cherries with a bit of currant. Yum!  I've had it in for about 30 minutes now, and I can't smell any chocolate yet. I will update later if the chocolate makes an appearance. If it doesn't,  I think I'll try it with OCCO Choco, which would smell amazing with it!

I have super weird perimenopausal skin right now, and all I can really smell is the amber and currant. Did I miss the cherry? Where’s the chocolate? :lol:

I will try testing this again later, perhaps alongside my 2012 version. 

4 hours ago, Bella15 said:

I have super weird perimenopausal skin right now, and all I can really smell is the amber and currant. Did I miss the cherry? Where’s the chocolate? :lol:

I will try testing this again later, perhaps alongside my 2012 version. 

Mine seems to have morphed to where my skin pretty much amps the currant, too, so you're not alone in that, lol. At first, it's still all chocolate cherry, but after about 20 minutes, it's currant, & something in it almost smells musky ? Which is odd, since there is no musk. I dig it, though, it's kinda sexy ! 

• 4 months later...

@Eastwood22  it was mostly amber on me,   The current was there (to my nose and skin chemistry) more than a pure cherry.  I didn't dislike it, but was not a replacement for Wild Cherry.  I  ended up gifting it, so not sure how it would have aged with time.  

• 2 years later...

This is another new favorite of mine! I haven’t worn chocolate perfume since high school when I used to get samples from the perfume counters. Lol

This is more maraschino and amber on me. It’s delicious and very comforting! I would probably layer this with LP O. It’s just so good.

• 2 years later...

I wore this yesterday with Sugared Amber and this combination is delicious.

I was afraid that it would end up wearing off faster without something else to ground it.

I really like gourmand scents when it’s colder out or during my cycle for some reason.