Jennifer's Sunset Kiss

Black Cat

AD-PE-JenniferSK.jpg

Jennifer's Sunset Kiss

Jennifer asked for a "blood orange creme brulee", but with the citrus rather than the sweet being the main attraction. I combined two blood orange oils, with two creme brulee oils - one sweet and one of them creamier, added a little whipped cream and my own custard/pudding accord, and ended with just a dash of caramelized sugar. Note that "blood orange" is not the average orange, it's a little more "grown up" smelling and not as candy-like as the tangerine oils I use in the cupcake scents. it has a deep body to it. This is delicious and adorable but has a touch of maturity at the same time.

This is everything I hoped it would be: sexy, tropical summer foodie! The orange is wonderfully deep and rich, and Mara totally got what I was talking about with creamy citrus. It's absolutely decadent; every time I sniff it I want to make sure I don't have whipped cream on my face! And this is TOTALLY a sunset scent! It makes me think of sitting at a table at some tropical resort, a band playing and tiki torches burning. I feel like Ginger Rogers about to be led out onto the dance floor by Fred Astaire.

I think this is going to pair beautifully with both Lumina and Cuddle Bunny!

I'm drooling waiting for my bottle to arrive. Also considering the key lime one. BC, you are one expensive kitteh!

ETA: and darn well worth it! :purr:

Edited by Just Ducky

Heh!! Blame it all on the amazing Mara....

I hope it works well for you, Ducky -- I am just loving it. I really like Atomic Mandarin, as you know, but that one is *very* light on me, and what I like so much about Sunset Kiss is that it has more weight to it, if that makes any sense. It's definitely heavy rich custard instead of cupcake. The other thing that's interesting is that it morphs along, there are periods where I sniff close to my skin and think, oh, darn it, faded already. But then I pull back and a few minutes later get caught off guard by a heavenly waft of creamy sweet orange.... quite magical!

And FWIW my mom loved the Key Lime even more than this one!! <grins evilly :Emoticons0086: and scampers away>

• 2 weeks later...

I'm drooling waiting for my bottle to arrive. Also considering the key lime one. BC, you are one expensive kitteh!

ETA: and darn well worth it! :purr:

Yeah that. I'm getting my Citrus fix for July thanks to your creative recipe ideas! :girlHeart-5:

Blackcat, I adore your Sunset Kiss. The blood orange is rich, dark and heavy and I love that it is creamy but not overly sweet. On dry down I am getting the slight illusion of smoke. Could this be the caramelized sugar? You came up with a perfect idea and Mara did a perfect blend. I couldn't help myself.......I just requested another bottle. :)

Blackcat, I adore your Sunset Kiss. The blood orange is rich, dark and heavy and I love that it is creamy but not overly sweet. On dry down I am getting the slight illusion of smoke. Could this be the caramelized sugar? You came up with a perfect idea and Mara did a perfect blend. I couldn't help myself.......I just requested another bottle. :)

SJM, I get that smoky tinge too! I think it might be the carmelized sugar which makes me so happy -- I am not such a sugar girl, mostly, but I really wanted that glazed dark top layer of the creme brulee in there. This was based on a dessert I had on a birthday outing THREE YEARS AGO -- that was how good it was! And Mara's execution is so exactly what I was hoping for.

Yeah thanks alot SJM... I adore blood orange and if you think this is 2 bottle worthy that was enough to push me over the cliff (see where that couple is standing on the label??? I flew right by them into that sunset and they didn't even flinch.) We are all such a good/bad influence on one another! :ange::666:

I already salivated & took a big 'ol bite of Key Lime Kiss. I was trying to practice restraint. :oops:

SJM, I get that smoky tinge too! I think it might be the carmelized sugar which makes me so happy -- I am not such a sugar girl, mostly, but I really wanted that glazed dark top layer of the creme brulee in there. This was based on a dessert I had on a birthday outing THREE YEARS AGO -- that was how good it was! And Mara's execution is so exactly what I was hoping for.

At least I can enjoy these two citrusy desert indulgences without my A~~ expanding 2 inches.

Yeah thanks alot SJM... I adore blood orange and if you think this is 2 bottle worthy that was enough to push me over the cliff (see where that couple is standing on the label??? I flew right by them into that sunset and they didn't even flinch.) We are all such a good/bad influence on one another! :ange::666:

Don't worry about going over the cliff.....your landing will be quite soft since it will cushioned by all of us who have gone before you. :say19:

I could almost swear there's a hint of chocolate in this! Probably something the combo of vanilla and blood orange does on my skin, and I like it. It's like grown-up Jaffa Cakes: gourmand and sweet enough but with a lot of depth to it. There's also a creaminess you just can't get with Jaffa Cakes. Maybe if you served them a la mode. But this smells so good, SO good, I've even got compliments on it at work, and considering that too many people there wear these horrid department store perfumes that's huge.

• 4 weeks later...

BC I have to tell you that I love love LOVE both of your PEs that I (luckily) snatched up... Key Lime and Sunset Kiss(es)! They are both different and BOTH incredibly wonderful in different ways.

Sunset Kiss is downright sexy. I don't know what I'm going to do because I only have one bottle that has to last me (until a rebrew - hint,hint) The blood orange combined with the creme brulee is stimulating and deeply sensual... you can't help but inhale the lusciousness deeply once you get that first little whiff. I keep walking around sniffing my left arm (Key Lime Kiss) and right arm (Sunset Kiss) and feeling like I could get completely lost in either one (but I still have to fold the laundry. Bummer).

Key LIme Kiss is flirtatious; Sunset Kiss is total abandon... I just bought BI and I want to experiment with it - not sure if JSK can hide it completely, but maybe just a dab or two!?

This would make an incredible body butter, or creme, or souffle, or scrub, or shampoo, or massage oil... or any other kind of lubricant for that matter. And I would buy the entire line (YAY even more compulsive spending on B&B products!)

Thank you Jennifer & Mara :blow-kiss:

ETA: just an update here BC... You still ROCK & so do Key Lime & Sunset Kiss! I have enjoyed both of them so much the last few weeks as summer winds down. They really are two of my fav LP discoveries in my short 6 mos here. <3

Edited by LoveStruck

• 2 weeks later...

This is so pretty! When first applied, I swear it reminds me of tootsie rolls. That stage doesn't last long and the drydown is so gorgeous. It's a creamy citrus with a smoky background. It's less foodie than I thought it would be.... It's a grown up, sexy foodie.

This has just enough creamy sweetness in the base to qualify as a foodie, but yes, totally sophisticated too. It's not so much tropical to me but rather the trope of adding a gourmand dimension to a more luxe type of scent - and this is a very sensual take on citrus...great concept and execution, glad I nabbed a bottle!

• 1 month later...

This isn't foodie on me at all!! Have tried it three times thinking it was a fluke. On me, it's to blood orange as neroli is to orange - a deep, sensual, heady, perfumey, much less foody-fruity version. For some reason it reminds me of Annick Goutal - I don't know which scent, if any, but it just seems very her. It's shockingly in your face sexy, like as much as, say, HAM, in its own way. I'm not sure it's quite my thing but will see...