Merry! 2015

Beccah

AD-Merry15_1.jpg

Merry! 2015

Saucy Merry was a very very naughty fairy… After partaking in the Wild Hunt, the revelries of Yule are a favorite among the Fae, their love of pleasure urging their celebrations to reach raucous heights of music, drinking and dance, as well as the most mouthwatering treats given to all who attend. And a certain little girl fairy is up to mischief with her special recipe for eggnog, a quaff so delightful few can resist a cup as she offers them to all the boy fae whom she wishes to seduce. As sweet as her kisses and creamy as the feel of her skin…one never knows whose heart she might steal next… Merry's recipe is a much-prized magical brew: a blend of rich eggnog accord with pink accents of fairy floss sugar and juicy mulberry, on a sensuous base of amber and sandalwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

EGGNOG (MILK/BUTTER/CREAM) ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say about Merry that I haven't said before.... Besides MINE ALL MINE! Damn WHY IS THIS SO GOOD!!!!????

This version is not as creamy and maybe a tiny bit less sweet. But ok, my other bottles are very aged and it IS a rebrew so...

Anyways, I'll be buying a few more to stock up my hoard. I need this in my life all the time.

Edited by hearts

What can I say about Merry that I haven't said before.... Besides MINE ALL MINE! Damn WHY IS THIS SO SOOD!!!!????

This version is not as creamy and maybe a tiny bit less sweet. But ok, my other bottles are very aged and it IS a rebrew so...

Anyways, I'll be buying a few more to stock up my hoard. I need this in my life all the time.

I have been waiting for you to review this. Still waiting on my order. I can't wait to try it. The fact that you like it and find it to be similar to the original makes me happy.

Hopefully I'll be able to try it later today. :)

Ooooh, SNAP! That initial burst of berry goodness is delish!

When first applied there is something, ever so remotely, medicinal and yet not...Maybe it's the sandalwood/nutmeg/berry thing? But it settles out to a creamy confection and so far the couple times I've worn it everything has played nicely again this time around, no amping of nutmeg to be found! ^_^ I very much like that the berry lingers for so very long, only drifting off hours later. There's a tartness to this one, but it hasn't turned sour on my chemistry, so that's just fine with me! Recklessly got FBs unsniffed - no regrets! :lol:

I would say the primary difference between the versions has to do with aging, as hearts noted; the rebrew is brighter, the mulberry is more upfront. The original version has a creamier impression now that it's had three years to blend. But I imagine this version is going to do the same thing with time.

This one smells exactly like those special candy canes that I remember from childhood (back before there were tons of different flavors.) You had peppermint, sometimes spearmint and then, the very rare, berry flavored. I imagine the canes were cherry but they smelled just like this when wet. This seems to last a nice amount of time and when it dies down I am left with a lovely resin that still has a hint of seasonal goodness left.

I wasn't in love with the first version of Merry. The berries just didn't sit right on my skin. When I tried this new one, it was a rich, spicy, pink scent. It might just be my skin chemistry is different now? But I like it! Definitely keeping my sample...

On my skin the original Merry is a festively yummy pink eggnog scent.

This version is good and I'll love my FB. But it lacks the warm creaminess of the original. This is much more berry forward on me.

Maybe over time aging will tell.

I had hoped this would be eggnog plus a little berry but on me, the berry is front and center all the way through dry down. I am going to let it age and/or layer with something to overcome the burst of berry on me.

Exactly, johnsonlisa90012!! I bought a full bottle based on its prior popularity. I just do that so I will be sure to get one. I am wearing it for the first time; and, although I smell egg nog, I mostly get berry with spice (nutmeg). Kind of like "craft store" or Yankee Candle scent -- yes, as in "you smell like a candle". Berries don't always work on me. Don't get me wrong, it is yummy. Mara can't make anything that does not smell good. I hope the creaminess comes out with age.

I smell the eggnog more now than I did from the very first time that I used it so I would imagine that you will get more nog over time. Who knows, this time next year it might be your favorite scent. ;)

I wore it again last night. Once I gave up the idea of the eggnog being the front note, I was able to just evaluate the scent itself. It's nice. Not a holy grail scent for me, but it seems to me I would wear this during the day and then put a layer on at night to spice it up (I used pink elf because it was handy). My daughter and others said I smelled "delicious" which is pretty awesome because normally people do not smell my perfume because I eat it up. So maybe I should just listen to others vs. making my own decisions about what smells good on me!

Meanwhile, I also purchased an off ranch eggnog (Krampus Nog, I think) and I thought it would be the eggnog I wanted. But it turns out to be overwhelming and cloying for a few hours until it is at a manageable drydown (literally everyone can smell it from across the room).

At this point, I'm pretty sure I need to take the same philosophy that I do with new boyfriends--my picker is broken so someone else needs to do it for me.

Oh Merry! How I do love thee! I think I need a spray of this and a roller....would that be overkill?

I have had this on for about five hours now and it really hasn't morphed very much. Oh and..,disclaimer....this just came in the mail today and I am already wearing it. Hence my fear that my mailman is probably filing a restraining order on me as we speak. I was a little overly happy to see him today.

I get a lot of sweet mulberry and it is very sugary. I like it a whole lot! I don't smell any eggnog, but I do have an undercurrent of nutmeg and spice blending in there nicely.

This is going to sound a little crazy, but I definitely get the candle scent that Siren Song describes. This reminds me of Christmas in the late 80s. Back in the day, in middle school and high school I danced with a studio. Every December we would kick off the season in Gatlinburg, Tennessee for the chamber of commerce with some performances. There would be several activities on the first weekend of the month. The highlights would be a Yule Log burning, a lighted Christmas parade, and several dance performances. This scent is so evocative of that whole weekend to me. Merry is like a scent memory that permeated all those activities of the weekend. Things like sipping hot chocolate and cider at the bonfire, warming up after the parade, going in and out of the candy stores on the strip, and Christmas music everywhere.

There is also something a little naughty and sexy in Merry. I can imagine going on that trip now as an adult and seeing the sights and then back to a nice cabin tucked in the woods for some quality time!

• 2 weeks later...

Really sweet and sugary on me! Wet and drydown is almost all mulberry... either my skin amps it, or my sniffer just sucks at picking out distinct scents (or both). It's very "pink" and fruity, and I wish I could get more whiffs of the eggnog. I can't pick out the nutmeg on my skin either.

Admittey, I did not get an opportunity to try the original Merry. I am quite happy to give this newer Merry a two thumbs up review.

The eggnog and berry are a perfect balance of luxurious warmth and bright burst of refreshment. I do get the depth of the warmth, and it has staying power. The berries are a standout without being loud. The also have staying power, but tone down the longer I wear it. Have thoroughly enjoyed this sample.

I finally reached for my sample today. I don't notice any creaminess of eggnog to this? It's very berry forward. There was a stage that I got the impression of a high end mulberry scented candle. Now it's settled & the sandalwood has come out, along w/ the amber. On to the selfies I've gotten from this brew! It could be that the sun is out, but I've been up since an hour before my alarm & I've felt like I could've gone back to bed for an hour or two all day. Still, I'm feeling upbeat, & just downright chipper. Merry is happiness in fragrance form. Lol.