Betrothal Potion 2016

Beccah

^^^

What Luna said. I typically let my bottles rest for 2 days to a week depending on how eager I am. Betrothal potion was really florally on me. I had tried to use it with intent, I have no idea if it worked. Lol

Maybe I’ll try it again but I also haven’t tried vampire bait yet, which I know is similar.

9 hours ago, luna65 said:

If you just received it, you may want to let it rest for a few days and then try again.  It's probably travel shock.

Didn’t think of that, thanks for the tip @luna65 I am getting more floral notes today so I’ll persevere.

Oooh, I am now getting peach and florals big time! I find that bamboo and something else green comes through first, but once settled, I get a very fresh floral scent. I keep sniffing my wrists and hair, and I love the scent so much, I want to marry myself!😆

@CosmoTea I’m so glad you like it!

Travel shock is a real thing for perfumes such as Mara’s that don’t contain stabilizers etc.  Never doubt.  I made the mistake when I first found LPMP of firing off a multiple bottle order for a perfume I liked when it first arrived.  Once it stabilized I wasn’t crazy about it.  Thankfully Mara graciously canceled my order.  

19 hours ago, Eve said:

@CosmoTea I’m so glad you like it!

Travel shock is a real thing for perfumes such as Mara’s that don’t contain stabilizers etc.  Never doubt.  I made the mistake when I first found LPMP of firing off a multiple bottle order for a perfume I liked when it first arrived.  Once it stabilized I wasn’t crazy about it.  Thankfully Mara graciously canceled my order.  

I had no idea, glad I asked! Her perfumes don’t contain a long list of chemicals, some of which could do more harm than good over time. I can smell the scent changing already, so presumably the same will happen with Vampire Bait, which smelled of honey rather than florals when it arrived.

That’s so kind of Mara to do that for you! She really does care about her customers, she always helps me too.

• 5 months later...

Now I see why this is so popular! My last order came with a little sniffee of Betrothal Potion, so naturally I had to try it. I’m sure I can’t do it justice but it’s a lovely airy floral. On me, the scent seems to just float around me in not-at-all over the top or punchy way.

On 3/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, CosmoTea said:

Has anyone actually used it for the intended purpose of inspiring

commitment? I see a lot of you don’t want marriage, so I’m yet to find a review of effects on someone’s partner

I’m curious about this too! 

On 4/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, Eastwood22 said:

The part I don't like about weddings is that they turn perfectly awesome boyfriends into husbands. I will never ever turn a prince into a toad ever again. It's like bringing home the cutest little kitten, and then one day you wake up and it's a honey badger. 

😫 Nnnooooooooo! You mean we work so hard to catch a guy and...and...and then they turn into honey badgers? 😱

@RosesArePink yes! There are always exceptions, but here’s an old joke that has been circulating for quite some time on this topic—

“Tech Support Log — Boyfriend Upgrade

Dear Tech Support,  
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slowdown in the overall performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. 

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0 and NBA 3.0. And now Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House Cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do? 

Signed,  
Desperate 

Dear Desperate!
First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. At the command line, try entering C:\ITHOUGHTYOULOVEDME and download Tears 6.2 to install Guilt 3.0. If all works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5. But, remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy-Silence 2.5, Happy-Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. 

Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create snoringLoudly.wav files. Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-Law 1.0 or re-install another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0. 

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider additional software to improve memory and performance. I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 9.9. 

Regards, 
Tech Support”

key phrase- Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. Jewelry and flowers are not what I want, personally, but I do need to be entertained. With commitment. My BF is 100% committed to keeping me entertained! 

16 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

@RosesArePink yes! There are always exceptions, but here’s an old joke that has been circulating for quite some time on this topic—

“Tech Support Log — Boyfriend Upgrade

Dear Tech Support,  
Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a slowdown in the overall performance, particularly in the flower and jewelry applications that had operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0. 

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5, but installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0 and NBA 3.0. And now Conversation 8.0 no longer runs and House Cleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system. I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail. What can I do? 

Signed,  
Desperate 

Dear Desperate!
First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. At the command line, try entering C:\ITHOUGHTYOULOVEDME and download Tears 6.2 to install Guilt 3.0. If all works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewelry 2.0 and Flowers 3.5. But, remember, overuse can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy-Silence 2.5, Happy-Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1. 

Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will create snoringLoudly.wav files. Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-Law 1.0 or re-install another Boyfriend program. These are not supported applications and will crash Husband 1.0. 

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have a limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly. You might consider additional software to improve memory and performance. I personally recommend Hot Food 3.0 and Lingerie 9.9. 

Regards, 
Tech Support”

key phrase- Boyfriend 5.0 is an entertainment package, while Husband 1.0 is an operating system. Jewelry and flowers are not what I want, personally, but I do need to be entertained. With commitment. My BF is 100% committed to keeping me entertained! 

This made me laugh so hard! 🤣 Thank you, I needed it 😂😂

@Eastwood22 When Boyfriend 11.0 (11 years together) is acting mostly like a Husband 1.0, I’m thinking I might as well become Wife 1.0 and make it official😊 Such a good joke, saving it for sure. 

@RosesArePink I like to wear it on its own or with other scents, like Haru or LP White. It’s so well-blended that I’m soon going to finish my second bottle. Can’t speak for the intended purpose yet, I shall report back on that.

1 hour ago, Eve said:

It was me!  (Seizing the chance to feel important).  :smokingbun:  Yes, ‘twas I who originally posted it. 

I thought so! Just didn’t have energy to research. Was there a joke thread? 

@RosesArePink I have a trial vial of LP White and it smells very elegant and not too sweet. But my skin eats it up within a couple of hours. I have ordered Black and Pink to compare it to. 

@Eve Great to see you around here again! I was wondering where you were when the sale started😊

@CosmoTea  I’m happy to be back.  (I’d taken a break from internet “playing” for most of the summer.  Didn’t quite hold out until fall though!) 

@Eastwood22 I think there is a jokes thread way down in the off topic section.  I think I started a new thread when I posted that though.  

We should definitely resurrect a humor thread of some sort, or start a new one, because everyone can use some levity in their lives.

( Plus  a spray  version of UN Levitation!  :lol:

Love this one too!! I’m definitely not into florals (or so I thought) ; this has more depth, sweetness (likely from fruits) and omggg the notes. It’s in my rotation and sometimes layer, other times slather it solo and huff my arm. 
Really gorgeous and very happy this is in permanent collection!! 🥳😍