Stocking Stuffer

luna65

AD-StockingStuffer.jpg

Stocking Stuffer

When the world turns sweet with affection your Christmas wishes will come true…A Winter Wonderland, an enchanted forest fragrant with the scents of the season and a delicious surprise! Our vision of a “Sugared Christmas Tree” with Bayberry, Edelweiss flowers, White Pine and Black Spruce dusted in a soft fluffy feminine snow of white and powdered sugars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
BAYBERRY ~ Brings money to the pockets and blessings to the home. Protection, control.
EDELWEISS FLOWERS ~ Invisibility, protection.
WHITE PINE (Nuts, Cones, Needles) ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
BLACK SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.
WHITE, POWDERED AND CANE SUGARS ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First...Quince and I have holiday nicknames for each other, which yes is just disgustingly schmoopy, but through systematic groveling and such on my part he has succumbed. So for the month of December he is heretofore known as "Roast Beast," this was his choice, though he can't claim his upbringing was Dickensian in any way, silly man. He calls me "Holly Jolly" because during the course of our first Xmas I kept squeeing long-distance over various things and he said, "Well aren't you just Holly Bloody Jolly?" :lol:

(He gets a bit grumpy during the holidays, you see.)

He said the other night, "So Holly Jolly, how did the Chrissy smellies turn out?"
I had applied a swipe of Stocking Stuffer and replied, "It's Christmas all up in my nose!"
"Who the hell let you have that kind of snow?!"
*dies laughing*

Anyway, yes, this is Christmas in a bottle in regards to the Xmas tree scent, but because it's got the softer elements of the sugar accords and the floral it's very pretty, not astringent or sharp in the least. It's not exactly what I thought it would be but if you love green/tree scents this is one very approprirate to the season. It makes me think of a high-end Xmas tree lot, like you could buy a fully-decorated tree which they would deliver to you perfectly intact.

I had tried to write an "enchanted forest" story for this but my brain was not cooperating.

Roast Beast hahaha.....I've seen that movie so many times I could probably recite it by heart. Anyway, I totally agree with Luna on this one; all the festive elements of a Christmas tree scent without being too sharp or masculine. It starts out more a pine and sugar, and as it dries down the wintry berries come out, and really is a "sugared Christmas tree" to get you in the holiday mood but not OMGcologne. I am really loving this month's releases, it's very difficult to pick a favorite!

Stocking stuffer- Delicious. One of my "surprise favorites" along w/Lady Frost this month (both things I wasn't sure I'd like based on the notes). I tested this one blind and got absolutely no pine - my nose read it as just adding a mildly minty zing to a floral!- I pictured this being perfect for early summer, actually. Super smooth and conventional - again, not what I expected from the notes. <3

ETA Invi's got it right, alluding to cologne as opposed to perfume. I picture Jane Bennet using this in the summer, during the daytime, as opposed to, say, Marie Antoinette wearing it at night.

ETA has gone quite powdery, soft and uberfeminine.

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ahhh....This is always just a breath of fresh air to me!

I got this when it came out as a Christmas release and obviously it was intended as a Christms scent but as much as I loved it I couldn't "get into" it in the cold weather. I wanted cozy comfy warm scents and this was just a little too bright at the time. As soon as early spring hit I pulled this out and it was perfect! Another bright cheerful scent I use for mood lifting.

It is like being in a fresh pine forest in spring when it is still a tad chilly but the sun is peaking through the powdered sugar snowfall!

I swear I smell lemon every time I put it on. I don't know if that is part of the bayberry smell or edelweiss flowers but I think that is what gives that spring/summer feel to it.

It dries down to a soft powdered sugar lemon flower yum yum on me.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got some of this with my recent order and I love it. It is a pine smell but a fresh bright one even with the sweetness that comes through. Absolutely lovely!!! Even though I live in a city, I am a country girl at heart and now instead of just thinking of the sights and scents of the country when I get stressed, I can close my eyes, take a deep whiff and be there.