GALLIMAUFRY

LadyVictoria

AD-Gallimaufry-LovePotion.jpg

Gallimaufry

A Space Age whiz-bang hodgepodge potion comprised primarily of aldehydes – fragrance chemicals such as you would find in a certain famous concoction first launched in 1923, labeled with a No. 5 – including the use of those "similar to sweet neroli," "green floral herbal plum prune," "earthy woody flower fresh," "fruity," "sugar-like", and Raspberry ketone....Nyeheheheheh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get lettuce at first, then it becomes a very sheer floral, faint, like a whispery floral, then it disappears completely. Maybe I should try this on when I don't have a million other ones on me. I also smell a lemony or slight citrus in there. I have to retest, when I am bathed and clean.

I wore this all day yesterday, I was bathed and shiny. It smelled so elegant and sophisticated without being too heavy. I loved how it just felt like it was a part of me, like this was how I smelled, beautiful and elegant. It didn't give me a headache, or smell too strong. It was like I was stamped or branded by this scent and if you came close to me you could smell how beautiful I was. I kept wondering what smelled so nice, and it was me.

At first it does smell a little like lettuce wraps, but once it dries and adjusts to your chemistry it's a really wonderful scent. Luna captured the scent exactly in her story. The scent really does become you.

Another perfect summer scent. This has got to be my favorite month ever.

Edited by LadyVictoria

I have a little of this on my arm. It smells alright, I got the slight hint of lettuce @ first too. I get the raspberry & the sugary notes. IDK, the notes in it just don't ring "true" to me, but I am sniffing along side the other samples (to be fair). All in all, this would be a top notch commercial scent & Mara did an excellent job of keeping the aldehydes well behaved & to a dull roar, but it falls flat next to what Mara usually makes. As a side note, my son's nose is pretty much virgin to commercial scents, as I've only allowed him to wear LP's & use natural bath products/deodorant. I asked him to sniff on my arm (after sniffing Rainbow Falls out of the vial), his reaction "eh, Gallimaufrey is ok Mom."

I've only tried Gallimaufry once, when I had ten other scents on, each labeled on my skin. NOT a fair trial. However, I really liked it! It reminded me of the classy perfumes I'd smell on my Mom and her friends at :) parties in the early 60s. :) It had the *feel* of Chanel #5 and its contemporaries, but it smelled like its own fine self. I'll report back when I give it a REAL test run!

ETA: I wore it to the school today. I'm seconding myself on the classy feel. Kind of a subtle little-black-dress-with-martini-in-hand feel. Wore close to my skin. Very pretty!

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I know this isn't one of Mara's magical brews, but I am really liking it!!! It's perfect for work, classy w/o being "Old Ladyish"..I think a full bottle is on the horizon B)

this is a very classy scent. i didnt get any lettuce, thank goodness. it almost reminds me of an aftershave my father had. it is sweet and light with a touch of masculine scent. this is a good unisex scent.

• 2 weeks later...

In this vial this reminds me somewhat of Elevation Potion, but once I apply it I get that "classy expensive powdery" perfume scent. I would not wear this but I know there's an entrenched demographic for it, so I'm glad Mara did the experiment. In fact this disappears on me rather quickly but I imagine others would perceive it as a "proper" kind of scent. My mom will definitely like this, I think.

• 2 months later...

Is this scent anything like Rainbow falls since reading this reminds me of the fresh and sweetness of rainbow falls! :) or is there another LP perfume that is similar to this apart from elevation potion??? Thankyou! :)

I wouldn't say there's a similarity between the two, and it's not like this one really smells like Elevation Potion, it's just reminds me of it. This smells like a really high-end designer-type perfume.

I wouldn't say there's a similarity between the two, and it's not like this one really smells like Elevation Potion, it's just reminds me of it. This smells like a really high-end designer-type perfume.

OH ok :) THankyou! :)

This is a very classy, seductive scent...and it does have that Chanel elegance vibe but I think it is fresh and youthful. My mom loves it and I love it too...

• 3 years later...

I agree this is a very classy scent.

I find it very feminine and powdery, and sweet. I love it! If I could find a full bottle, I think I would buy it. I like it a lot. I only wish it lasted a little longer, but that said, it did last awhile. Very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this today and I don't think I was dressed well enough, in my jeans and hennley shirt, to wear this perfume. :) It smells great, sophisticated and elegant. It didn't give me a headache and it lasted for a decent amount of time. Its not the strongest perfume oil from LPMP but I think if it were stronger then it would stray into piercing and that wouldn't be good. I could still smell it several hours later. I liked it enough to apply it again after I got home from work.