Hamantaschen

Gale

Oh my, is this yummy! Wet, it smells really yeasty and foody, but when it dries, it becomes a light, sweet, buttery confection. I really love this alone, and I'm guessing it could be layered beautifully with anything floral or spicy.

You are so right, Gale; this one is completely scrumptious! I get this fruity, fun smell on my skin, full of peaches and apricots. My skin really amps the fruit so the pastry is quite in the background.... which is very nice. I'm definitely getting a full bottle of this one, mainly because I really appreciate Mara and Danna contributing a portion of the proceeds for each bottle going to ChaiLifeline (Thank you, Ladies!) I'm also seriously thinking of getting a sample for each of my fellow teachers at Religous School... I think it would be a great Purim gift :)

You are so right, Gale; this one is completely scrumptious! I get this fruity, fun smell on my skin, full of peaches and apricots. My skin really amps the fruit so the pastry is quite in the background.... which is very nice. I'm definitely getting a full bottle of this one, mainly because I really appreciate Mara and Danna contributing a portion of the proceeds for each bottle going to ChaiLifeline (Thank you, Ladies!) I'm also seriously thinking of getting a sample for each of my fellow teachers at Religous School... I think it would be a great Purim gift :)

I just tried a quick swipe of this... and I THINK it might be a foodie scent that will "stick" on me. But I've got other perfumes and unguents on, so I want to give it a fair go.

Tomorrow, I will try it properly. I hope it sticks - it smells just yummy and I so want the recipe for these cookies too!

May

I think our skins are similar May...I can't get much foodie scent to stay...when I tried this I got *very* strong and realistic fruits - and fruits only for some hours...delicious! Way later on I think I caught a whiff of the "baked goods" part later on. Another one that needs the DNL warning label (Do Not Lick).

I think our skins are similar May...I can't get much foodie scent to stay...when I tried this I got *very* strong and realistic fruits - and fruits only for some hours...delicious! Way later on I think I caught a whiff of the "baked goods" part later on. Another one that needs the DNL warning label (Do Not Lick).

So far, and this isn't the proper test it is a yummy, fruity, sugary scent. Like lots of really good quality mouthwatering fruit conserves and jams (I think you say Jelly not Jam?)

Like those little fruit jam tarts (pies) you get (see pic - it makes me smell like these....) YUM!

desserts_jam_tarts_300x450.jpg

I went on this site, not knowing I had to make them myself, I was ready to purchase the Mango Green Tea Hamantaschen :) . I love pastry !!! liz

I went on this site, not knowing I had to make them myself, I was ready to purchase the Mango Green Tea Hamantaschen :P . I love pastry !!! liz

How's this for temptation? A lot of the recipes I found had the dreaded Orange zest in them (it doesn't seem to like me much), so I googled and found *gulp* caramel pecan filled Hamantaschen and a variation for *jibber* chocolate-filled ones.

I feel the need to bake this weekend....

http://www.jewishrecipes.org/recipes/purim...mantaschen.html

May

Edited by May

I was really, really pleased with this perfume. Not only is it delicious and utterly edible (but don't try it!) But it "stuck" and it "stuck" for a good long time even on my foody-perfume-devouring-skin.

At first I smelled of sugar and rich, sweet, luxury fruit preserves and jelly - then later the buttery smell of soft and crumbly melt-in-the-mouth pastry comes through and starts to bloom and take over.

This is really divine and I am soooo glad to find a food scent I can actually wear and keep on my skin for more than minutes!

Thank you ladies!

May

I was really, really pleased with this perfume. Not only is it delicious and utterly edible (but don't try it!) But it "stuck" and it "stuck" for a good long time even on my foody-perfume-devouring-skin.

At first I smelled of sugar and rich, sweet, luxury fruit preserves and jelly - then later the buttery smell of soft and crumbly melt-in-the-mouth pastry comes through and starts to bloom and take over.

This is really divine and I am soooo glad to find a food scent I can actually wear and keep on my skin for more than minutes!

Thank you ladies!

May

Oh, I had to get some extra vials for the other teachers at religious school... handed them out at synagogue during religious school today. Everyone *loved* the scent... the religious school director wants Mara and Danna to come to our Purim party on the 23rd and was so disappointed when I told her the two of you lived in California :( (Mara and Danna, consider yourselves invited in you can find a way to get here... and, Mara, you could wear your new quidditch robes!)... we all smelled absolutely divinely yummy during class this morning :)

:):):):):)

Awww, it sounds like fun! I wish we could! Thank you!

And check this out...we got an email from Gourmet.com (Gourmet Magazine's online zine) asking for a sample for review! Weeeeee!

Yay for you, Mara!! :( that's awesome!

:(:):):):)

Awww, it sounds like fun! I wish we could! Thank you!

And check this out...we got an email from Gourmet.com (Gourmet Magazine's online zine) asking for a sample for review! Weeeeee!

They are going to LOVE it! It's totally adorable!

:)

May

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the few foodies that I enjoy! Light and flaky, not too heavy! Yum!

The only drawback is... IT MAKES ME HUNGRY AND CRAVE YUMMY, SCRUMMY PASTRIES!

:(

May

The only drawback is... IT MAKES ME HUNGRY AND CRAVE YUMMY, SCRUMMY PASTRIES!

:(

May

See, I'm sure that would be one of my problems.....it usually is with foody scents.....darn, the LP's already make me want to lick my own arm.

I've decided I must have a big bottle of this - I love the smell of it on my skin, it's nice to smell absolutely edible... Does anyone know if Feast of Tabernacles is just as yummy? I think I might just try a sample!

May

Feast of Tabernacles is juicier - no pastry. It's closer to a plum sherbet with a sprinkle of spice and some other fruit juices lightly added.

Strangely, it has a similar feel - like they are in the same family, even tho there are hardly any ingredients in common.

They're 2nd cousins, but you can still see the family resemblence. ::wink::

• 1 month later...

A Contribution to Chai Lifeline has been made in your Honor

Chai Lifeline General Donation

Donation received from the Friends of Love Potion® Magickal Perfumerie.

Chai Lifeline is a not for profit organization dedicated to helping children suffering from serious illness as well as their family members. Find out more about Chai Lifeline at www.chailifeline.org

reference #: 39402

Thank you to everyone who donated by purchasing a bottle of Hamantaschen Perfume!

:Hug_emoticon:

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I got a sniffie of this a while back...I was a bit leery because Winter Solstice '08 doesn't like me too much, but that delicious pastry evocation in the vial was a siren song I could no longer ignore! On me, though, it's very jam-like and I don't get the pastry at all. So I'm not sure whether to be disappointed about that or not. :D

i bought this for my sister and she LOVES it !!!

pure pastry wet, sweet apricot and sugar...

on dry down its still has a hint of pastry but its mostly a buttery apricot .

yum.

• 1 year later...