Blue Corn Girl

Gabylicious

Blue Corn Girl

This is our delicious autumnal tribute to the legend of the Blue Corn Girl, one of the daughters of the primary deity in the Native American pantheon. She came to Earth to ensure the bounty of those who farmed maize, teaching them all the uses of their crop, but was then mistreated by those she had come to assist. Her angry father called her back to his realm but one son of the family she resided with pleaded for her love, as she was a beautiful goddess of light, and his desire is thus reflected in the sweet golden scent of this fragrance: luscious caramel toffee popcorn balls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
POPCORN ~ Fertility, Abundance, Protection, Luck, Divination.
CARAMELIZED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, girls! I looked and looked but couldn't find a review of this potion, and I'm really curious about it...

Has anyone tried it yet?
I looove the description and I can't stop thinking about the Popcorn accord, how buttery is it?

Does the caramel note adds to the popcorn accord and give a caramel popcorn vibe? Does the cocoa/chocolate note overpower the popcorn and caramel notes?

I've actually been wearing this one of late (due to another perfume I have from somewhere else giving me a craving for that kind of scent).

When I tried it when it first came out it went all plastic on me. But now that it's aged it does much better. On me it's primarily salty popcorn with a caramel undertone. I don't get the chocolate at all, not like with Oidhche Shamhna. This is the kind of scent I would wear to bed or get in Body Bubbles because it is yummy, but it doesn't always work with one's chemistry

Thanks for the description, Luna! I'm glad the chocolate note is not center stage....Salty popcorn with caramel sounds amazing to me! I wonder how buttery popcorn and caramel would work out layered with a strawberry potion?

I'm definitely getting a sample of this buttery potion...

Thanks for the description, Luna! I'm glad the chocolate note is not center stage....Salty popcorn with caramel sounds amazing to me! I wonder how buttery popcorn and caramel would work out layered with a strawberry potion?

I'm definitely getting a sample of this buttery potion...

I think that without the popcorn, maybe a buttery strawberry caramel would work. I love Blue Corn Girl because I love salt caramels, and that's what it smells like on me, delicious sweet buttery salt caramel. The popcorn is there, but it's not like "holy crap you're wearing popcorn perfume".

@ Luna...Candied sugary strawberries...yummy! I'm still learning the subtle differences among notes, thanks Luna! This will help me when layering, or when choosing scent notes for a PE...

I think that without the popcorn, maybe a buttery strawberry caramel would work. I love Blue Corn Girl because I love salt caramels, and that's what it smells like on me, delicious sweet buttery salt caramel. The popcorn is there, but it's not like "holy crap you're wearing popcorn perfume".

Thanks for the description, Invi! I've been obssesing lately about a similar scent...something buttery like popcorn but not as literal, slighlty salty but as a caramel or toffee, and with a strawberry, pear or apple lurking underneath... I searched for popcorn and Blue Corn Girl came up, yeiii, so I had to ask...I've never tasted salt caramels, jeje...

This one was supposed to be similar to Oidhche Shamhna...Oidhche Shamhna is awesomeness personified! This scent wasn't as sweet and yummy foody for me, but it is a very nice one all on its own.

@LadyV...Thank you! Please do re-test and keep me posted...

@JoAnna... Thanks for your description! This Oidhche potion I had never heard about it before you and Luna mentioned it, so I looked for it in the Archive of sold out potions and OMG! I drooled when I read: ''Popcorn balls drizzled with milk chocolate and caramel!'' ....So, this is vintage LP heavy stuff...sounds so yummilicious! You are lucky girls, those of you who had the privilege of having this true vintage gems...

On me wet this is warm buttery salty popcorn balls. Then the caramel is on top of it like it's melting with the butter. I don't get too much popcorn, I get more of a buttery caramel that is sooooo amazing!!!! It smells like fall to me, like kettle corn and caramel raining down. It's very yummy. Is this one sold out?

Wonderful description Lady V, as always! I really need to sample this one ASAP....I'm craving the buttery feel of this one...

• 1 year later...

Thank you Luna for suggesting this! This is on my list now...I'm thinking FB. What part, if any, does the chocolate note play in this? This one seems like a no-brainer for me after reading this thread...:)

Like I posted upthread, I don't smell the chocolate at all (not like with Oidhche Shamhna), it's pretty much straight-up buttery caramel (and just the tiniest bit salty) popcorn.

Mmmm, will need a sample of this! Just loving the butter.... and caramel would not suck in that equation either!

ETA: Thank you, Luna, for the awesome suggestion! :-)

Edited by Blackcat

Thanks Luna! I think I like that the chocolate note still hasn't become more prominent with aging. I'm a BIG fan of the smell of caramel corn even though I don't much care to eat it...go figure? Buttery corn with caramel? It sounds fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

This review is courtesy of Molls' generosity - thank you so much for this yummy sample!

First out this was sugary sweet but it quickly (10 mins?) changed to buttery, salted popcorn forward on a fluffy sweet bed of vanilla sugar. It reminds me a bit of Kettle Corn brand popcorn - I think...I haven't had it in quite some time now but I'm thinking salty sweet. Everything even's out about a half hour into wear and it became, to my nose, kind of a sweet cream buttery popcorn...prominent on the sweet & creamy on a bed of fresh popped buttery corn.

I REALLY love that butter note A LOT. I'm fascinated by it :lol: I think for me I would rather smell this filling the house than to smell like this. TOTALLY a comfort scent :heart708: I almost think I smell chocolate but I don't know if it's in my head or not...it isn't a chocolate like, say, Luv Truffle or Velvet Kisses. It's blended with everything so well, maybe I'm just picking it up as "sweet". It's one of those where I think I smell it but then when I huff the application area it's not there...elusive...very curious.

I may have to go pop some corn...and then drown it in butter! :D

• 1 year later...

Oh my! Oh my! I am at the state fair! Buttery, salted, caramel kettle corn! The popcorn fades after a put ten minutes, leaving buttery caramel. Upon dry down, something earthy happens beneath the butter and caramel. I almost pick up something similar to Sugared Earth in this. Maybe that is how my nose interprets the hint of chocolate? I'd love this as a wax melt. Darn it, wish I'd known about this one. Thanks for the sample in my order. Such a surprising summer scent!