Consuming alcohol with woozy pheros?

I tried searching the forum on this but ran into a zillion hits on the alcohol vs. oil issue and gave up! So if there's already an existing thread on this, please accept my apologies.

I'm supposed to go to a wine tasting party and planned on wearing something heavy on a-nol to liven things up. Should I be concerned about "mixing" alcohol with the a-nol? Will it make myself or my friends too woozy to drive home, for instance? They might not be legally DWI, but I do know a-nol by itself can be a real woozy-inducer!

Or am I just being paranoid?

They do say that Alpha-nol lowers your tolerance to alcohol. I don't know because..I get drunk no matter what...and I wear a-nol heavy blends whenever I go out. So.... I am a tipsy mess no matter what.

I hope that someone who is actually capable of going out without consuming too much alcohol chimes in.

Hm. I think it is apparent from our LP collections that most of us here are prone to excess. :huh::drunk::toast::P

Why yes, you may have a point there! Lol!

I personally find it exponentially reduces my alcohol tolerance. Your concerns are well-founded IMO.

I do, too. I have to be very careful if I'm drinking while wearing A-nol. On the upside, I'm a very cheap date. ;)

THANKS, guys! As always, you have the perfect advice. I think I'll just wear a non-phero and avoid any complications. Can't wear a sexual phero -- the party is all co-workers and married couples. Ewwww! And as I've been led to believe, getting drunk at a wine tasting party is a major no-no. Huh. Maybe I should wear the a-nol but skip the party!

:ange:

Or LP Red.

Yes! LP Red! Done deal! Thanks!

I sprayed 5 sprays of topper and got a case of beer over the weekend. I only drink mabey once a month ,if that.So I am a light weight,get buzzed on 1 drink!

I did end up drinking 10 beers though! I dont even like beer! I wasnt staggering or anything and I remember everything but I woke up with the worst headache ever.

So mabey it helps you tolerate alcohol? I wouldn't reccomend going over your limit though like me..lol

I have not had any problems, and I am hypoglycemic and insulin resistant. I am not sure what anol is in though. I like PP so if it's in there I've had plenty of alcohol wearing it; also Topper. No more wiped than I would ordinarily be from the alcohol.

Then again I have a very strange biochemistry. I went to a scotch tasting party where the scotch was all cask strength and I didn't dilute with water. I got snockered and had to hang out talking to Lois McMaster Bujold and Howard Tayler until I could get sobered up enough to drive home, which took about an hour, hour and a half to get stone cold sober. After about 4-5 scotch samples, a JD honey whisky, and a bourbon.

• 1 month later...

I'm a light weight to start but out socially over the course of 5 hours, and with a meal involved, I can safely have 4-5 glasses (approx 6-8 oz per glass depending) of wine (usually with a glass of water with/between each) and be perfectly fine. I spent the entire day yesterday with hubby, so he was in the phero zone all day long. Last evening- I'd say between 5 & 11pm- he was mixing vodka & OJ and I had 5 glasses of wine. BUT he became really intoxicated and was actually sick after midnight. :Emoticons04282:

He had a HUGE steak dinner around 5:30- 6pm so he wasn't on an empty stomach or anything and usually his tolerance is greater than mine. I had been wearing Perfect Match, DHEAS & OCCO ambrosia and it was a GOOD day :D

But we were both surprised at how the alcohol hit him and the first thing I thought of was how I'd read that the wearer could have tolerance issues but if he was just as exposed as me all day long why couldn't it effect him too? Since using pheros I have made sure to be extra diligent in noting how alcohol may be effecting me but I never even thought about it being a problem for those around me. I guess I figured because I was in the closest/longest contact with the pheros that I would be the only one effected that strongly. Now I'm thinking not so much! He's still in bed recovering :( When he feels better, I want to find out how much he had (he was back and forth between the neighbor's too and there's always beer involved in those visits lol) it could be that he just plain over did it OR it could be exposure to the pheros OR maybe a little of both? Personally, I think mixed drinks go down WAAAAY too smoothly and I try to avoid them and I'm suspecting that the most but I will update when I know more.

In the mean time....Like Just Ducky inquired, has anyone ever had their pheros cause their friends to get a bit more tipsy more quickly- at least that you've noticed? One of the first times I was out with a friend wearing pheros we thought we were tipsy a bit quick so we ordered something to eat and then we were fine so it could've been the pheros OR the empty stomachs lol but the rest of the evening was fine and fun with no seemingly over sensitivity to alcohol :drinking-red-wine:

Edited by NuTrix